Iron Legion Invictus-Sponsored Log

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone. Thanks to the people at Iron Legion for allowing me to try out their cortisol supplement, Invictus. I'm 2 months out from a powerlifting competition and am shaving off a few pounds to be at competition weight throughout the prep cycle. I've always done a water-cut to drop weight classes to be more competitive and I just don't wish to do that anymore.

I'm currently weighing around 184 the last couple of mornings. I'll remain in a hard calorie deficit the remainder of the week and will begin a reverse diet this weekend. I'll still be losing weight as I slowly add calories back in and find my maintenance level. I'm looking to see in which ways Invictus can help while I'm in a calorie deficit and training hard.

Training as of right now.
My class schedule changed this week so my T/W workouts may just get combined into Wed.
M: Main squat, deadlift assistance, I deloaded my squat today and will hit the gas again next week.
T: Main bench, push assistance
W: Pull assistance
Th: Off
F: Deadlift, squat assistance
S: Upper assistance
S: Off

I adhere to my calorie intake and think in terms of a weekly goal. This allows me to adjust days differently how I see fit. Protein 1g/lb, carbs on off days are around 100g, carbs on training days now are around 200-300, and fats between 50-70 depending on the day.

Current supplements:
I dropped EC yesterday.
Fish oil
Magnesium
Preworkout: Coffee, Green Mag, and Purus Labs Noxygen.

Last edited:
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Looking forward to it bro

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Invictus came in the mail this afternoon. It was packaged well and had no leaks. The dropper is marked. I do have an oral syringe I may use.

I'll dose 0.5mL morning and early evening. I applied it earlier on my shoulders. It rubs in well, dries fast, scent isn't overly powerful when applying and disappears soon as it dried.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
INNN. Wonder how the cortisol reduction will aid in strength gains and recovery for the PL meet? This is going to be interesting

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this as well!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have not used EC since my 20s and back then everything was stunned.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update:
Dosing 0.5mL at 6am and 4-5pm and woke up at 183.6lbs. Calorie intake is around 21-2200.

I had some interrupted sleep last night but I'm it has to do with some shoulder/neck issues I've been having and being uncomfortable.

I'm having problems uploading pics into the reserved post on the mobile app so I'll try posting them here.

Attachments

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Invictus is good stuff...you should see nice results even though you are already lean.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking incredible. Big, full and lean. I thought powerlifters were suppose to be fat , though hahaha
Looks really good to start. Can’t wait to see the ending pics

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate it, y'all. I hate being small but I look and feel better and my strength isn't too far off from when I weighed 220-230.

Leaning out a bit more is the goal!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate it, y'all. I hate being small but I look and feel better and my strength isn't too far off from when I weighed 220-230.

Leaning out a bit more is the goal!
you have chosen wisely, I think invictus will help you reach that goal.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BW is 183 at wakeup

Let's see how my recovery is after this session :)

CAT Squats
375+90chain x6 triples w/30sec rest

30minute Deadlift
525x8
525x5 triples
525x20 singles

6 Round Circuit
Prowler lunge(?) high handles
Prowler lunge low handles
GHR
Reverse Hyper

Jumps, just because someone else was
Worked up to a 4ft kneeling to vertical jump

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking pretty lean so far

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang nice numbers on the squat and deadlift!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday was an upper body session. I'm feeling good and recovered. My diet was off track a bit yesterday but I woke up feeling tight with some vascularity in my legs.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was an upper body session. I'm feeling good and recovered. My diet was off track a bit yesterday but I woke up feeling tight with some vascularity in my legs.
As long as you get back on track a missed day is just that.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woke up after a great night sleep weighing 182.8. Still taking in 2100cal and I'm performing great.

Lying Ham Curl
80x4x12

Squat w/wraps
575x1
555x5

Squat w/o wraps
405+90 chain x5x5

Comp Bench
225x1
215x5
195x5x4

Incline DB
60x8
62x8
70x3x8

Low Cable Row
70x5 sets

Toes to bar
5x5

20200309_120158.jpeg

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That your ancestral coat of arms? For years now I’ve wanted to really figure out what mine is so I could get that but I’m always nervous I’ll end up finding out it was the wrong one after the fact

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That your ancestral coat of arms? For years now I’ve wanted to really figure out what mine is so I could get that but I’m always nervous I’ll end up finding out it was the wrong one after the fact
Yessir! Right arm. The left is just random meaninglessness.

Growing up, my dad always had a picture of it on the walls and I've found a decent bit of history on my name so I was confident getting it. The gaelic written on my leg? Eh I'm not so sure about lol

I wish I waited to get tats. I was 18-19 for all of them.

I say go for it though

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Woke up after a great night sleep weighing 182.8. Still taking in 2100cal and I'm performing great.

Lying Ham Curl
80x4x12

Squat w/wraps
575x1
555x5

Squat w/o wraps
405+90 chain x5x5

Comp Bench
225x1
215x5
195x5x4

Incline DB
60x8
62x8
70x3x8

Low Cable Row
70x5 sets

Toes to bar
5x5

View attachment 191898
Pretty solid work out

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Notice any other changes in libido, etc?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workouts and update pics! Back is looking solid.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't say I've noticed libido difference but the last 2 nights, my sleep has been absolutely phenomenal. On top of that, I've noticed some relief in my shoulder. I've been applying the morning dosage in an area on my shoulder that's been problematic.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't say I've noticed libido difference but the last 2 nights, my sleep has been absolutely phenomenal. On top of that, I've noticed some relief in my shoulder. I've been applying the morning dosage in an area on my shoulder that's been problematic.
NICE

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The benefits of these supps keeps increasing. You should try the cbd.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm training with high frequency now and it's been long, hard, sessions, but with reps in the tank.

I've the course of the week, I've hit a 575 squat, 225 bench (I ain't a bencher), 585 deadlift, 565 safety squat bar squat, 545 midshin rack pull, 205x5 Spoto press, 235 close grip... not including downsets and accessory work. All with a rep or 2 in the tank.

I'm sleeping great. I feel well recovered and motivated going into the sessions. Little bits of inflammation I get in my shoulders has begun to dissipate. I'm increasing calories and getting leaner. I'm waking up weighing 181-182 now.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm training with high frequency now and it's been long, hard, sessions, but with reps in the tank.

I've the course of the week, I've hit a 575 squat, 225 bench (I ain't a bencher), 585 deadlift, 565 safety squat bar squat, 545 midshin rack pull, 205x5 Spoto press, 235 close grip... not including downsets and accessory work. All with a rep or 2 in the tank.

I'm sleeping great. I feel well recovered and motivated going into the sessions. Little bits of inflammation I get in my shoulders has begun to dissipate. I'm increasing calories and getting leaner. I'm waking up weighing 181-182 now.
Awesome numbers, and great feedback so far.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Have you considered trying a competition.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered trying a competition.
Yessir. I have a few competitions under my belt. Accomplished a drug-tested world record squat with 710 and a year later with 725, weighing 220.

I was hoping to compete in May, weighing 181, and squatting mid-600s but with the impact of the virus, I decided to forgo training for the meet.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, I backed out of training for the meet in May. I'm following some Gironda style training with various powerlifting implements laid out in a Josh Bryant book. Hard but simple workouts in my backyard.

Today's session
Conventional DL 435x6x3
Then 8x8, 30sec rest on everything else
Zercher Carry 275x8 trips
Seated BB OHP
Straight-arm PD 50
Cable Curl 35
Band-resisted CG Pushup Red

I'm sleeping incredibly, I'm slowly introducing more calories, maintaining weight, and getting tighter and more vascular.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As mentioned, I backed out of training for the meet in May. I'm following some Gironda style training with various powerlifting implements laid out in a Josh Bryant book. Hard but simple workouts in my backyard.

Today's session
Conventional DL 435x6x3
Then 8x8, 30sec rest on everything else
Zercher Carry 275x8 trips
Seated BB OHP
Straight-arm PD 50
Cable Curl 35
Band-resisted CG Pushup Red

I'm sleeping incredibly, I'm slowly introducing more calories, maintaining weight, and getting tighter and more vascular.
Considering all the craziness in the world, the fact that this is helping you sleep better is amazing.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will be wrapping up in here soon. I'm currently 183-184, shy above my lowest point this cut at 180-181. I've reverse dieted and am finding out where my new maintenance intake is. I can tell how much I've learned out by how my obliques show. The soft spots around them have begun to disappear and I'm seeing the thin skin vascularity begin to show around that lower abdominal/upper pubic area. I'm pretty damn pleased.
20200325_171819.jpeg
20200325_171842.jpeg