Intra-workout drink vs PWO

joeblacc

joeblacc

Awards
I've always used a pre workout drink. But never an intra workout drink like xtend. Any thoughts on which one is better? Or both?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
They both serve totally different pruposes,they are both good additions to your routine Imo,but it also depends what you are looking for and trying to get out of the product,tell us some more info about what you are trying to accomplish or get out of the products you are asking about and maybe we can direct you better!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I had to pick one, I'd go with a preworkout over intra for sure. Never really liked intras anyhow but they can be beneficial.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for endurance purposes, I've had great luck with Strive by Omega Sports. I use that intra and Vengeance for my Preworkout...with that stack, endurance is amazing!

propho

Awards
  • Established
this brings up a good point what in the hell is the difference between an intra and a post workout drink.. i've seen companies sell both but when you compare ingredients they generally contain amino's & creatine and some other random stuff.. is this basically marketing bs?

propho

Awards
  • Established
to further that.. they turn those post and intraworkouts into preworkouts by adding one or more stims.. *shrug*

ITW

ITW

Awards
Pre-WO (stims, pump products, endurance ergogens)
Intra (BCAA's)
Post-WO (protein blend, more aminos)

^ what you'll usually see

joeblacc

joeblacc

Awards
They both serve totally different pruposes,they are both good additions to your routine Imo,but it also depends what you are looking for and trying to get out of the product,tell us some more info about what you are trying to accomplish or get out of the products you are asking about and maybe we can direct you better!
I'm wanting better lasting muscle endurance. I haven't done conditioning training in years and just started last week. My muscles give out so quickly with higher reps. No matter the weight. I want more endurance but I also want that jolt if energy like from a pre workout.

cjwav34

Awards
for endurance purposes, I've had great luck with Strive by Omega Sports. I use that intra and Vengeance for my Preworkout...with that stack, endurance is amazing!
That's a sick stack.

I'm wanting better lasting muscle endurance. I haven't done conditioning training in years and just started last week. My muscles give out so quickly with higher reps. No matter the weight. I want more endurance but I also want that jolt if energy like from a pre workout.
Endurance comes over time. If you havn't been endurance training, it's going to be a struggle to begin with. There are certain ingredients that can help, such as COP, creatine, citrulline malate, malic acid, nitrates. Give it time, building endurance takes work and patients.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
As far as endurance,SNS citrulline malate and beta alanine are great and I personally use them daily, they both also have multiple other benefits.For the energy you are looking for, check out Focus xt, there are multiple reviews here you can read, it will give you the energy boost you want and take your mental focus to a whole new level.If you would like to try a few scoops PM me your info.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think intra workout nutrition is a great way to get in extra calories during a bulk. Helps with proper hydration.

For me, Carbs+BCAA+P-slin=GFH

Nutrient timing is a tad different but you can make it work into your routine.

When cutting, I kind of why away from anything but water intra.
really? I find intra most important when cutting...the hardest trick is maintaining as much LBM as possible while on a cut.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
if you're talking intras you gotta mention iforce compete.

more than just BCAA's.
BCAA/EAA from whey hydro.
1g of each carnatines [LCF, LCLT]
cit mal,
Rhodiola Rosea Extract,
Vinpocetine,
electrolytes.

My other favorites strive [make new delicious flavors!]

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Based off my personal experience, adding something like Strive intra and then having a shake or meal post makes a huge difference to just the shake or meal post when it comes to recovery. Additionally, Strive really helps me get through my high volume workouts energy and hydration wise, I think an intra product is an all around good investment.

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
i personally use Compete, but there is a point to where you just need to decide what works best for your body

i know some people dont do well trying to digest while training. and to be honest, most workouts you may not need an intra workout drink

i know some people have pretty short workouts ~45 minutes for this type of training I would not reccommend intra

for me personally my workouts are 90-120 minutes so I need that compete! helps me to finish out my workout as strong as I started it

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A preworkout is usually enough for me. I never go beyond and hour. I will say that I do notice better recovery while using an intra. To each their own I guess... :dunno: