Interesting use of GW 501516 w/cycles

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This stuff is supposed to be great for elevating HDL while reducing LDL thus making it a potentially heart healthy drug on its own.

Well, given the fact many steroids; especially methylated varieties, wreak havoc on one's lipid profiles (HDL tanks!), would it not be a novel adjunct to such cycles, perhaps allowing for longer "safer/lower-cardiac risk" cycles?

Many of us are on TRT so for us, cycle length is not necessarily dictated by HPTA considerations.

Two more potential indications:

1) Endurance. For me, many steroids decimate energy levels and/or endurance. EPI + Tren are two that quickly come to mind.

2) Fat loss. Some wet gear has the propensity to impart fat gain by virtue of it's estrogenic properties. Well, if A-I's were 100% efficacious in eradicating estrogen related fat mass, u could pop a few + theoretically run DBOL + Aromasin +be done right? Wrong. Let's face it; if u run a wet compound alongside an A-I, chances are u will still gain some fat. Perhaps this mitigates said scenario.

Disclaimer: I have never run the stuff so my thoughts are pure speculation at this juncture. I am merely opening the doors for intelligent discussion.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
its an exercise mimetic.

high doses resveratrol and quercetin work to reduce adiposity aswell and raise HDL

Resveratrol is a activator or all 3 PPARs. a/b(d)/y.

GW is a PPARa/b(d) Agonist with no action on PPARy. So in theory you can find some herbs that do this. Momordin comes to mind, and its properties are pretty amazing. Plus its not a drug and should be easily had in in the next year.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
its an exercise mimetic.

high doses resveratrol and quercetin work to reduce adiposity aswell and raise HDL

Resveratrol is a activator or all 3 PPARs. a/b(d)/y.

GW is a PPARa/b(d) Agonist with no action on PPARy. So in theory you can find some herbs that do this. Momordin comes to mind, and its properties are pretty amazing. Plus its not a drug and should be easily had in in the next year.
Did you read the news article on the AM homepage about resveratrol? Based on the degree of info in your post, it seems like you might be interested. Resveratrol was found to be a perpetuator of cAMP signaling activity and duration by antagonizing its metabolism. The cAMP cascade can have profound and far reaching effects including cholesterol regulation, but I've never heard that resveratrol was a direct PPAR activator. I'm not sure that GW and resveratrol have a similar enough MOA to warrant direct comparison, but I'm not sure.

Anyway OP, I'm sure there's more info out there. See what you can dig up for us.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't particularly understand why bodybuilders are attracted to these compounds (this and aicar). If I was an endurance athlete maybe. From my minimal research they are potent AMPK activators and have the ability to shift type II muscle fibers to type I. Which may not be bad in a health sense but probably get in the way of precious hypertrophy gainz.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I think the OP was talking about helping balance lipid profiles while on a cycle.

ManBeast

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
I think the OP was talking about helping balance lipid profiles while on a cycle.

ManBeast
We do have a tendency to drift from the original topic sometimes... GW could certainly have an impact on short term HDL/LDL levels while on cycle. Some blood tests would be a good indicator if someone wants to try it.

However, if cardiac health is the main prerogative, I am of the opinion that high blood pressure is a much greater short term indicator of cardiac failure risk than cholesterol. Unless cholesterol levels are at elevated levels chronically (as in high levels consistently for several years) and not temporarily as during a cycle, the risk of atherosclerotic plaques, MI's, and stroke are minimal. (granted there's always rare exceptions. For example, frequently cycling for years can cause chronically elevated cholesterol and should be monitored. I'm not sure GW should be used specifically for its cholesterol regulating effects at this point, but it's worth looking into.

Anyway, if LDL is chronically elevated from genetics, frequent cycling for years, TRT therapy, etc. I'd definitely suggest a generic statin to regulate cholesterol over a research compound any day. No need to self treat with a research compound when there's a cheap, accessible, and well documented medication available. Just my 2 cents

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some great replies and feedback here. Thanks peeps

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
I don't particularly understand why bodybuilders are attracted to these compounds (this and aicar). If I was an endurance athlete maybe. From my minimal research they are potent AMPK activators and have the ability to shift type II muscle fibers to type I. Which may not be bad in a health sense but probably get in the way of precious hypertrophy gainz.
this is true, however beta 2 agonist shift it from type 1 to 2.

its all relative to energy metabolism. i dont think that change will occur when training lowe reps and high intensity

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Smarty pants

Lol

this is true, however beta 2 agonist shift it from type 1 to 2.

its all relative to energy metabolism. i dont think that change will occur when training lowe reps and high intensity