Interesting read(rebuttal to west of westside)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've read a LOT on Westside training, it's indisputable that the Westside model has created some of the strongest dudes in the game, and obviously Louie Simmons is maybe the most knowledgeable PL coach out there.

That said, I feel Westside is unnecessarily complicated, it's been bastardized by hundreds of people trying to adapt it to their training modality, and I personally agree that the carryover to raw lifters is minimal despite protests to the contrary.

I think what most fail to realize is that Westside is for ultra-advanced trainees. About 95% of us likely won't advance to a level that linear periodization stops working, or that our programming needs to become so specific that Westside methods are the only option.

Just mho.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought it was a great article.

Didn't read greens though, but I agree. Westside definitely catches a lot of flack that just isn't warranted.

shawn bellon

shawn bellon

Awards
I thought it was a great article.

Didn't read greens though, but I agree. Westside definitely catches a lot of flack that just isn't warranted.
Doesnt it seem odd that people would complain about how someone else trains? That is like me complaining to a competitor about not push himself hard enough. If its inferior then who cares...unless you have an agenda. Which clicks tend to make me leary.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesnt it seem odd that people would complain about how someone else trains? That is like me complaining to a competitor about not push himself hard enough. If its inferior then who cares...unless you have an agenda. Which clicks tend to make me leary.
Training style pissing matches will never end, especially when everyone has something for sale.

Try em all, pick the one that works and run until it stops working.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To me, Louie is kinda like Weider. He is going to have his detractors, but has done a great deal for bringing PLing out of the dank caves and into some serious lime light.
While it is true that I think some of the methods are no better than the old standbys guys like Bridges, Reindout, Coan et al used, it has a following and things with legs can run with momentum. Tuscherer had an article slamming speed work some too, which got some flack back and forth. I am still on the fence about speed work and just how much i get from it.
I look towards their DL numbers and guys who don't use WSB who have as good or actually better DL numbers not doing WSB.
I can certainly see guys who are invested in WSB, to support it wholeheartedly. (Just like Dr Ken followers supported his HIT method) The #1 factor in being a complete success in PLing, is believing and working hard on the routine you are using. Otherwise, what is the use just going thru motions if your head is elsewhere.
I don't use it for reasons mentioned above, as it is too complicated to do especially without a crew and or coaching IMO and constant intervention.

shawn bellon

shawn bellon

Awards
To me, Louie is kinda like Weider. He is going to have his detractors, but has done a great deal for bringing PLing out of the dank caves and into some serious lime light.
While it is true that I think some of the methods are no better than the old standbys guys like Bridges, Reindout, Coan et al used, it has a following and things with legs can run with momentum. Tuscherer had an article slamming speed work some too, which got some flack back and forth. I am still on the fence about speed work and just how much i get from it.
I look towards their DL numbers and guys who don't use WSB who have as good or actually better DL numbers not doing WSB.
I can certainly see guys who are invested in WSB, to support it wholeheartedly. (Just like Dr Ken followers supported his HIT method) The #1 factor in being a complete success in PLing, is believing and working hard on the routine you are using. Otherwise, what is the use just going thru motions if your head is elsewhere.
I don't use it for reasons mentioned above, as it is too complicated to do especially without a crew and or coaching IMO and constant intervention.
Good post!

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
The #1 factor in being a complete success in PLing, is believing and working hard on the routine you are using. Otherwise, what is the use just going thru motions if your head is elsewhere..
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said