Interesting Read - AAS Mainstream Media Piece

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

I was a little shocked to find this in my news feed. It's an interesting take on what we have known for years. My only major interjection is to say that I personally regularly watching these YouTube guys (mostly MPMD, Vigorous Steve, and Chase Irons). I think once you pay enough attention, you find them advocating against heavy use, or even using at all, and I actually believe they mean it.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id agree there can be a net positive by openly discussing PED use (such as through social media); the idea being that even though more people might be "encouraged" to try PEDs, this will be outweighed by the good hopefully done by users being informed about safer use.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I was a little shocked to find this in my news feed. It's an interesting take on what we have known for years. My only major interjection is to say that I personally regularly watching these YouTube guys (mostly MPMD, Vigorous Steve, and Chase Irons). I think once you pay enough attention, you find them advocating against heavy use, or even using at all, and I actually believe they mean it.
I watch those guys as well. You should also check out anabolic bodybuilding with big Paul. Vigorous Steve had him on his channel one time. He's still small only like 5000 subscribers but I think he's really good as well

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I watch those guys as well. You should also check out anabolic bodybuilding with big Paul. Vigorous Steve had him on his channel one time. He's still small only like 5000 subscribers but I think he's really good as well
Paul has the most useful channel out of all of them, Vigerous Steve is the most in depth, but let's face it. Not many ppl are going to do the stuff he talks about. He's extremely dialed in, super intricate and has a lot more time on his hands than the average person.

Mpmd is great for research info if you can look through his bullshit.

Chase irons is 50/50 with me. He's constantly contradicting himself. Every time he learns something new he preaches it like the gospel until he realizes it's not correct and then he picks something else to be diehard about. He also puts out a lot of good info but there's just as much bad info

ReformedNerd

Awards
Paul has the most useful channel out of all of them, Vigerous Steve is the most in depth, but let's face it. Not many ppl are going to do the stuff he talks about. He's extremely dialed in, super intricate and has a lot more time on his hands than the average person.

Mpmd is great for research info if you can look through his bullshit.

Chase irons is 50/50 with me. He's constantly contradicting himself. Every time he learns something new he preaches it like the gospel until he realizes it's not correct and then he picks something else to be diehard about. He also puts out a lot of good info but there's just as much bad info
I'm waiting for the Smont YouTube channel.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do have a question for everybody though, why does everyone seem to think if you have a YouTube channel you automatically know what you're talking about? Having a YouTube channel doesn't really mean anything I mean there's plenty of people who are knowledgeable who have channels but there's plenty of people who don't know Jack squat. Anyone can start a YouTube channel at any time with zero knowledge. It's up to the viewer to know what there watching and see if the info is legit.

Please don't just assume that someone knows what they're talking about because they have a YouTube channel. Every single one of us on anabolic minds could have a YouTube channel, just like every person that works at Walmart could have a YouTube channel, and every child can have a YouTube channel.

ReformedNerd

Awards
I do have a question for everybody though, why does everyone seem to think if you have a YouTube channel you automatically know what you're talking about? Having a YouTube channel doesn't really mean anything I mean there's plenty of people who are knowledgeable who have channels but there's plenty of people who don't know Jack squat. Anyone can start a YouTube channel at any time with zero knowledge. It's up to the viewer to know what there watching and see if the info is legit.

Please don't just assume that someone knows what they're talking about because they have a YouTube channel. Every single one of us on anabolic minds could have a YouTube channel, just like every person that works at Walmart could have a YouTube channel, and every child can have a YouTube channel.
Not every single person is actually knowledgeable and cares about the education of others which you do. This is why I would enjoy the WWoS. Wise Words of Smont.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not every single person is actually knowledgeable and cares about the education of others which you do. This is why I would enjoy the WWoS. Wise Words of Smont.
Thanks man, I wish I knew a lot more but I'm still learning myself here. But my goal is definitely to help people. Or at least stop people from doing stupid things LOL

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I keep telling, mainly the young guys in the comment sections, if you are going to be a sheep you really need to carefully pick your Shepard. Some fool was calling Derek the OG of PED's, dear lord.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think Derek is great, but I don't take him too seriously. His rants can be a lot to take, so I mostly only pick the stuff where he is just having fun. Steve has amazing info! If I want to learn something quick, he is my first stop. I know he did a ton of research on whatever he is saying. Chase has more of the inside scoop on what's trendy at the moment. I really can't take Big Paul at all. Something about the guy just rubs me wrong. I feel like he's that one guy at the gym that nobody wants to talk to, but everybody is forced to talk to because he won't go away.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think Derek is great, but I don't take him too seriously. His rants can be a lot to take, so I mostly only pick the stuff where he is just having fun. Steve has amazing info! If I want to learn something quick, he is my first stop. I know he did a ton of research on whatever he is saying. Chase has more of the inside scoop on what's trendy at the moment. I really can't take Big Paul at all. Something about the guy just rubs me wrong. I feel like he's that one guy at the gym that nobody wants to talk to, but everybody is forced to talk to because he won't go away.
Idk man, if your goal is to get big and look like a bodybuilder, Paul's diet and ped advice is going to get you there faster then anyone else on YouTube. It's not fancy and there's no magic secrets in his videos and that's why I think guys don't like him. But what he offers is the fastest way to reach your goals. Chicken and rice 6 times a day with intelligence steroid selection, gh and insulin. That's the basic blueprint to be a bodybuilder

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I love his channel but that actually is a hilarious take on him

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not to mention the guy put on 50lbs of stage weight in 1 year and did it in his late 40's. That's the most impressive thing I think I've ever seen in all of bodybuilding.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anabolic bodybuilding
Ok, so this is my first time watching one of his actual vids. I'd only ever seen him doing guest spots prior to this. He still feels dry and monotonous, but I got through the whole thing and it was good. Hopefully he will try to work on his radio voice and having a bit of energy or fun or something. He obviously has the knowledge to share and I can appreciate that enough to throw him a sub. Thanks for the link! 😃

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok, so this is my first time watching one of his actual vids. I'd only ever seen him doing guest spots prior to this. He still feels dry and monotonous, but I got through the whole thing and it was good. Hopefully he will try to work on his radio voice and having a bit of energy or fun or something. He obviously has the knowledge to share and I can appreciate that enough to throw him a sub. Thanks for the link! 😃
Ohhhh, he's dry as **** lol. Very boring lol! But he has really good info. But his entertainment value is very low tho lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That’s wrong, everyone knows the Anabolic Doc is the OG. 😉 JK, I hate that guy.
Slow down partner, that Russo kid said that he's the OG triple OG, and he's got a YouTube channel so you know he's for real

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not to mention the guy put on 50lbs of stage weight in 1 year and did it in his late 40's. That's the most impressive thing I think I've ever seen in all of bodybuilding.
Bro his before and after pics are insane!!

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s wrong, everyone knows the Anabolic Doc is the OG. 😉 JK, I hate that guy.
Bro I can't get through 30 seconds of the "anabolic" doc. He's the absolute worst and its not even close. Talk about dry and boring he makes Ryan Russo sound as outgoing as Marc lobliner

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And he's 48! That's crazy. But that right there is the proof anyone needs to know that if you do things right even in your 40s you can still pack on a significant amount of muscle. And this isn't some guy who was a newbie to working out he had competed in bodybuilding for a long time and still managed to do this which I would call late in his career.

Once I'm done with my little boxing and fighting escapades I'm going to buckle down and really make an effort to slap some serious size on eating chicken and rice like a dog and stick into the basics and just do everything day in and day out. I want to put another 20 to 30 solid pounds on myself before I call it quits

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And he's 48! That's crazy. But that right there is the proof anyone needs to know that if you do things right even in your 40s you can still pack on a significant amount of muscle. And this isn't some guy who was a newbie to working out he had competed in bodybuilding for a long time and still managed to do this which I would call late in his career.

Once I'm done with my little boxing and fighting escapades I'm going to buckle down and really make an effort to slap some serious size on eating chicken and rice like a dog and stick into the basics and just do everything day in and day out. I want to put another 20 to 30 solid pounds on myself before I call it quits
Totally keeps me motivated I just turned 41 on Saturday and he's 48, rich pianna was already in his 40s when he became popular and the fact that I've been lifting since I was 13 gives keeps me on track to reach my goals since I l see guys all the time my age that are yoked AF

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Who else do you guys follow on YouTube and listen to for podcasts. That’s my only media I use. I listen to a lot of podcasts as I have a 45-60 minute commute each way. I started watching Mike Isratel on YouTube and wish it was in podcast form. I like his syuff

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I listen to drugs N stuff, Blood, Sweat & Gear, sometimes Fouad but his channel seems more entertainment/gossip these days.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Who else do you guys follow on YouTube and listen to for podcasts. That’s my only media I use. I listen to a lot of podcasts as I have a 45-60 minute commute each way. I started watching Mike Isratel on YouTube and wish it was in podcast form. I like his syuff
Dr mike is cool. The only thing I've ever disagreed with him on his that your first cycle should be oral only. ( enter comments here lol ) but we all know your first cycle should be test only and i don't think there's really a solid debate for anything otherwise. Fouad and nick trigili are cool but yea that's more like entertainment tonight or TMZ in the world of bodybuilding

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

^EliteFTS has had an awesome season so far lately. They just had Dr. Mike on last week and it was excellent - they really let Dr. Mike run wild, great interview. Starts 5 minutes in.

It’s mainly a powerlifting podcast, but they have some bodybuilding thrown in occasionally. Dr. Mike always cracks me up.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ped’s are apart of every professional sport.
That’s what needs to be made known to the public somehow.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

^^^ THIS ^^^ !!!!