• RockStar

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think like most things, the "rules" for squats started off as general tips and then became unbreakable laws spread by people who have no idea what they're talking about. People are all different and one exact way isn't going to cover everybody.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think like most things, the "rules" for squats started off as general tips and then became unbreakable laws spread by people who have no idea what they're talking about. People are all different and one exact way isn't going to cover everybody.
This.

Nothing in that seems remotely ground breaking.

But based on the people I deal with all the time they probably would be shocked at some.

Not a bad article tho! Greg Nickols (strength theory) has some good write up on squats and lack of hamstring involvement for those who’d want to delve into that a bit more.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Absolutely. Its interesting how general rules of thumb so to speak get turned into absolutes.