Interested in short cycles

DrinkinSwish

Awards
I'm wondering if anyone has messed with shorter (4ish weeks) cycles of test-c? This would be my first PED cycle. My thoughts are that shorter cycles might suppress natural test less. Still planning pct after. I've read some anecdotal stuff saying gains don't come until end of cycle, but read a single contradictory study. Wondering if anyone has any experience. Thank you.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Nope...test e doesn't even reach full plasma concentration until after week 3 so you'd basically be running a 1 week cycle
Thanks for the reply. So what would be the shortest cycle time you would recommend?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Any kind of 4 week cycle might as well just be an oral only cycle. It's usually something like someone jumping on superdrol for 3-4 weeks for a photo shoot or something.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Any kind of 4 week cycle might as well just be an oral only cycle. It's usually something like someone jumping on superdrol for 3-4 weeks for a photo shoot or something.
So what would be your shortest cycle recommendation for someone injecting test-c?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not sure why you want a short cycle, because you get suppressed quickly and need PCT with a Serm even on a 4 week cycle. I know a couple of guys that ran 8 week cycles, and they ran Test Prop to get it out of the system quicker for drug tests, but really 12 weeks is what I recommend with Test only.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Not sure why you want a short cycle, because you get suppressed quickly and need PCT with a Serm even on a 4 week cycle. I know a couple of guys that ran 8 week cycles, and they ran Test Prop to get it out of the system quicker for drug tests, but really 12 weeks is what I recommend with Test only.
I'm just new and inexperienced and honestly still working myself over the fear of doing something safely for the first time. I was reading on More Plates More Dates that longer cycles suppress more. I was always planning PCT with HCG and a SERM. and I also read that first time cycles shouldn't exceed 7 weeks here https://insidebodybuilding.com/first-steroid-cycle/#Testosterone_Cycle

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If it's test only ( which it should be ) minimum 12 but if bloods are good you could even go up to 16 or 20. You're planning on doing a pct anyways so why not just do a 12 week cycle? Check your bloods at 6 weeks then again at 12. And go from there. If you have enough test for 16 or 20 weeks but you stop at 12 then you atleast have your test for your next cycle and I promise you there will be a next 👹. No one ever only does 1 especially if they do it correctly

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Let's see, the average person on steroids can add about 12lbs of muscle per year, so you can expect to keep about 1lb per 4 week cycle.. lol.

Long esters- 10+ weeks

Short esters and orals 4+ weeks

But honestly, I think anything less then 10 is a waste of a cycle

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm just new and inexperienced and honestly still working myself over the fear of doing something safely for the first time. I was reading on More Plates More Dates that longer cycles suppress more. I was always planning PCT with HCG and a SERM. and I also read that first time cycles shouldn't exceed 7 weeks here https://insidebodybuilding.com/first-steroid-cycle/#Testosterone_Cycle

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it
I understand, and if you don’t know it’s better to ask. There is a lot of misinformation out there, but you came to the right place. We have a good collection of knowledgeable dudes that are always glad to help.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
BTW what are your goals ? What's your starting point etc..
To explain my goals I'll have to explain my history. Starting at about 35-40% bf I have been lifting heavy consistently for 2 years. I dropped down to about 30% bf in the first year with minimal attention to my diet, only consistent lifting. After a year, I dialed my diet in and started monitoring calories and macros. Now for about 7 months I have consistently hit calorie and protein goals. Got myself down to about 20% bf but with my frame am still "buff fat" at best. Most of my goals are aesthetic, but I do have some specific strength goals as well. I would like to see myself bench 250, squat 350 and DL 300 lbs and hopefully be at a low teen bf%. I'm currently stalled on both strength goals and bf% goals. I had my testosterone tested recently and it was 340, so higher than what they would prescribe TRT but when reading studies I found it was incredibly low for my age (36).

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To explain my goals I'll have to explain my history. Starting at about 35-40% bf I have been lifting heavy consistently for 2 years. I dropped down to about 30% bf in the first year with minimal attention to my diet, only consistent lifting. After a year, I dialed my diet in and started monitoring calories and macros. Now for about 7 months I have consistently hit calorie and protein goals. Got myself down to about 20% bf but with my frame am still "buff fat" at best. Most of my goals are aesthetic, but I do have some specific strength goals as well. I would like to see myself bench 250, squat 350 and DL 300 lbs and hopefully be at a low teen bf%. I'm currently stalled on both strength goals and bf% goals. I had my testosterone tested recently and it was 340, so higher than what they would prescribe TRT but when reading studies I found it was incredibly low for my age (36).
I personally do not see this time being ideal for your first cycle. Based on your post, you have been dieting (mostly) for the last two years, I would expect your total test levels to be down from that alone. But you always want IMO 2-3 total test readings, while at least in caloric maintenance for sometime prior to starting something like TRT. The total test blood draw should be done after 7-9 hrs of sleep, within 2 hours waking, ideally between 8-10 am.

A test cycle is not likely to move the needle on your goals much IMO. To lose more fat at a good pace, you need to be in a caloric deficit. If you are not losing fat now, that means you really are not there.

To build strength, esp the numbers you have as goals, there are likely 10s to 50s of program alterations that can be made to increase you strength levels outside of simply trying to add more muscle tissue. Yes, adding muscle helps increase the contractile force a muscle so strength can go up. But there is also a neurological side to strength, which means you can simply focus on maintaining the muscle you have or building very slowly in deficit while leveraging neurological adaptations to help push strength up for now.

What your current strength stats on the main lifts and your current routine?

I personally view cycles as an ace card that should be used when the time really comes, or at least, consider that you likely can only do so many as for most, the negative health effects can catch up, so at least pick your cycles and moments with some selectivity.

Just my personal opinion though. You can do as you wish, its your health and life.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nope...test e doesn't even reach full plasma concentration until after week 3 so you'd basically be running a 1 week cycle
I've seen a LOT of guys say that type of thing, and there is SOME truth to it.
... But thinking logically, it couldn't Really be basically a 1 week cycle, could it?
... If it is ramping up for 3 weeks, and ramping down for 3 weeks...
But you Do have a point about extremely short injectable cycles .... Except maybe Ace ester cycles.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your not in a good position to run a cycle, I know for people who struggle with diet it's hard to hear it but loosing weight is simple, eat less and move more. Cycling won't make the diet easier and diet is the issue. When using steroids for physique goals, ideally you wanna end your cycle once your abs are no longer visible. 10% is a good starting point and 15-18 is usually time to pull the plug. The higher your bf, the more side effects. Gyno and acne are much more likely with high bodyfat as you will most likely convert to estrogen at a higher rate then normal. Also, there are androgen receptors in fat tissue, the more fat you have, the more of your gear is lost to those receptors. Honestly it's all irrelevant but I wanted to give some reasons why you should wait. Steroids build and maintain muscle well but they don't do much for fat loss. And most fat loss drugs are stimulants and heavy stim use on someone with poor cardiovascular health isint alway a great idea either. I would explore a few natural ways to see if yiu can get your testosterone up to a healthy range, (getting to a healthy bodyfat % will help too). If you do end up on try I would not push the envelope until you have gotten down to a solid healthy weight.

If your over 10% bodyfat it's very unlikely you stalled on bf goals, your just not making the right adjustments.

Keys to reach your goals

Track every calorie every day, if your dieting and normt following a set plan then you don't have a plan.

If your not following a workout routine and keeping a logbook again you don't have a plan

Cardio is kinda king here, you should be increasing cardio until your doing about 45min to a hour 4-6 days a week. Once you max out the cardio you gotta increase the intensity of the cardio.

If you wanna spend a few bucks I'd look into a non stim fat burner but again, diet is more important.

Also, if fat loss has really stalled I'd look to your total calories and food selections, insulin sensitivity is very important for loosing fat and building muscle. You can get a glucose monitor for 25 bucks at Wal-Mart.

Sorry for thevrant. I had a lot more stuff I wanted to say but I tried to condense it best I could

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've seen a LOT of guys say that type of thing, and there is SOME truth to it.
... But thinking logically, it couldn't Really be basically a 1 week cycle, could it?
... If it is ramping up for 3 weeks, and ramping down for 3 weeks...
But you Do have a point about extremely short injectable cycles .... Except maybe Ace ester cycles.
It's actually ramping down even longer because of the half life. But ya you are correct . In Mike's defense, say you ran 4 or 5 weeks of test e or c and stop. Your at peak concentration for about 1 week I think, there's actually a website I believe you can punch in the data and find your peak and clearance time

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's actually ramping down even longer because of the half life. But ya you are correct . In Mike's defense, say you ran 4 or 5 weeks of test e or c and stop. Your at peak concentration for about 1 week I think, there's actually a website I believe you can punch in the data and find your peak and clearance time
Yep.
I just didn't want the new guys to get the wrong idea.
You'd be on cycle for at least 7 weeks ... But only at the dosage you wanted for a little over a week, probably.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
I personally do not see this time being ideal for your first cycle. Based on your post, you have been dieting (mostly) for the last two years, I would expect your total test levels to be down from that alone. But you always want IMO 2-3 total test readings, while at least in caloric maintenance for sometime prior to starting something like TRT. The total test blood draw should be done after 7-9 hrs of sleep, within 2 hours waking, ideally between 8-10 am.

A test cycle is not likely to move the needle on your goals much IMO. To lose more fat at a good pace, you need to be in a caloric deficit. If you are not losing fat now, that means you really are not there.

To build strength, esp the numbers you have as goals, there are likely 10s to 50s of program alterations that can be made to increase you strength levels outside of simply trying to add more muscle tissue. Yes, adding muscle helps increase the contractile force a muscle so strength can go up. But there is also a neurological side to strength, which means you can simply focus on maintaining the muscle you have or building very slowly in deficit while leveraging neurological adaptations to help push strength up for now.

What your current strength stats on the main lifts and your current routine?

I personally view cycles as an ace card that should be used when the time really comes, or at least, consider that you likely can only do so many as for most, the negative health effects can catch up, so at least pick your cycles and moments with some selectivity.

Just my personal opinion though. You can do as you wish, its your health and life.
Ok so after reevaluating my basal metabolic rate, it would seem like I'm a bit on the surplus side. But I feel better in the gym on my current calorie and macro reg. I'm at around 2800-3000 calories, 200+ grams of protein, less than 200 grams of carbs, and around ~150 grams of fat. So maybe I will cut 200-300 calories from that and see how I feel.

1RM in big lifts as follows:
Bench: 195 lbs
Squat: 295 lbs
DL: 240 lbs

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Your not in a good position to run a cycle, I know for people who struggle with diet it's hard to hear it but loosing weight is simple, eat less and move more. Cycling won't make the diet easier and diet is the issue. When using steroids for physique goals, ideally you wanna end your cycle once your abs are no longer visible. 10% is a good starting point and 15-18 is usually time to pull the plug. The higher your bf, the more side effects. Gyno and acne are much more likely with high bodyfat as you will most likely convert to estrogen at a higher rate then normal. Also, there are androgen receptors in fat tissue, the more fat you have, the more of your gear is lost to those receptors. Honestly it's all irrelevant but I wanted to give some reasons why you should wait. Steroids build and maintain muscle well but they don't do much for fat loss. And most fat loss drugs are stimulants and heavy stim use on someone with poor cardiovascular health isint alway a great idea either. I would explore a few natural ways to see if yiu can get your testosterone up to a healthy range, (getting to a healthy bodyfat % will help too). If you do end up on try I would not push the envelope until you have gotten down to a solid healthy weight.

If your over 10% bodyfat it's very unlikely you stalled on bf goals, your just not making the right adjustments.

Keys to reach your goals

Track every calorie every day, if your dieting and normt following a set plan then you don't have a plan.

If your not following a workout routine and keeping a logbook again you don't have a plan

Cardio is kinda king here, you should be increasing cardio until your doing about 45min to a hour 4-6 days a week. Once you max out the cardio you gotta increase the intensity of the cardio.

If you wanna spend a few bucks I'd look into a non stim fat burner but again, diet is more important.

Also, if fat loss has really stalled I'd look to your total calories and food selections, insulin sensitivity is very important for loosing fat and building muscle. You can get a glucose monitor for 25 bucks at Wal-Mart.

Sorry for thevrant. I had a lot more stuff I wanted to say but I tried to condense it best I could
I track calories meticulously and do not eat processed food. I am after reevaluating my basal metabolic rate on a bit of a surplus. So thank you for driving me to look into that. Do you really think an appropriately planned cycle could not benefit me at the moment? I was really looking forward to it...

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so after reevaluating my basal metabolic rate, it would seem like I'm a bit on the surplus side. But I feel better in the gym on my current calorie and macro reg. I'm at around 2800-3000 calories, 200+ grams of protein, less than 200 grams of carbs, and around ~150 grams of fat. So maybe I will cut 200-300 calories from that and see how I feel.

1RM in big lifts as follows:
Bench: 195 lbs
Squat: 295 lbs
DL: 240 lbs
With where you are now, I would think a mild deficit plus a smart training program would get you where you want to go. Of course cycling would allow you to diet harder while making more strength progress at the same time, but I just do not see the point as you are still learning how to diet and program/train. I personally really think your could milk smart diet and training way more now then just doing what you are doing now with a cycle laid on top. Just my personal opinion. But I would try to leverage neurological adaptations and technique refinement to meet your strength goals atm over just trying to force it with gear. It is your choice of course. Just understand that cycling is a choice worth really thinking about. Most people do not only cycle once. Those that do not continue to refine their diet and training while cycling on and off can find it hard to maintain the gains, mainly if using cycles to brute force their way to an end goal. Understand the potential health consequences. Enlarged heart, plaque build-up, maybe not recovering fully (even if only doing one cycle), hair loss, gyno, ance, ect as just some moderate term and short term considerations.

I can only speak personally but I use to cycle, made a lot of progress, then lost all of it when I stopped due to health complications (genetic issues I was unaware of that were exacerbated by use) and had to make up all the ground again without cycling by learning how to diet and train, ended up making more progress not using via refining the process over time. My point with this story is I thought I knew what I was doing but clearly didn't because I lost the gains and made more progress in post without. I just think a lot of people would benefit from learning more about how to diet and train (esp train) before hoping on, as that can really just allow one to take advantage of the gear instead of using it to make progress dispite of what they are doing.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
With where you are now, I would think a mild deficit plus a smart training program would get you where you want to go. Of course cycling would allow you to diet harder while making more strength progress at the same time, but I just do not see the point as you are still learning how to diet and program/train. I personally really think your could milk smart diet and training way more now then just doing what you are doing now with a cycle laid on top. Just my personal opinion. But I would try to leverage neurological adaptations and technique refinement to meet your strength goals atm over just trying to force it with gear. It is your choice of course. Just understand that cycling is a choice worth really thinking about. Most people do not only cycle once. Those that do not continue to refine their diet and training while cycling on and off can find it hard to maintain the gains, mainly if using cycles to brute force their way to an end goal. Understand the potential health consequences. Enlarged heart, plaque build-up, maybe not recovering fully (even if only doing one cycle), hair loss, gyno, ance, ect as just some moderate term and short term considerations.

I can only speak personally but I use to cycle, made a lot of progress, then lost all of it when I stopped due to health complications (genetic issues I was unaware of that were exacerbated by use) and had to make up all the ground again without cycling by learning how to diet and train, ended up making more progress not using via refining the process over time. My point with this story is I thought I knew what I was doing but clearly didn't because I lost the gains and made more progress in post without. I just think a lot of people would benefit from learning more about how to diet and train (esp train) before hoping on, as that can really just allow one to take advantage of the gear instead of using it to make progress dispite of what they are doing.
I take my diet very serious and I have it pretty dialed. I may need to adjust my caloric intake, but there isn't much more I can do other than that. I do 4.5 -6 hours of training heavy compound lifts every week. Im open to programming suggestions but I haven't come to where I am willy nilly. I was planning on going low dose first cycle. Something that would barely put me outside of my natural levels, 125mg-200mg weekly.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I take my diet very serious and I have it pretty dialed. I may need to adjust my caloric intake, but there isn't much more I can do other than that. I do 4.5 -6 hours of training heavy compound lifts every week. Im open to programming suggestions but I haven't come to where I am willy nilly planning on going low dose first cycle. Something that would barely put me outside of my natural levels, 125mg-200mg weekly.
I highly doubt 125-200mg would “just put you outside your natural levels”. More like 800 -1300. For example, I am 56 years old and my test is 1192 @ 150mg. My TRT dose is 100mg which puts me @ 764 last time I checked.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
I highly doubt 125-200mg would “just put you outside your natural levels”. More like 800 -1300. For example, I am 56 years old and my test is 1192 @ 150mg. My TRT dose is 100mg which puts me @ 764 last time I checked.
Oh wow I see. I was sitting at 340, when I got tested a few weeks ago and that really bothers me because I'm in my mid 30's. The doctor told me that was an acceptable result but when you read studies that examined different age groups I was way under in my age range. More on par for someone in their 60's or 70's. I also don't really want to go on full fledged TRT. I want to see if building some more muscle with a moderately small test cycle can kick start my test back into a healthier level for my age. I know it's from my bodyfat, I've had high bf since I was a teenager.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh wow I see. I was sitting at 340, when I got tested a few weeks ago and that really bothers me because I'm in my mid 30's. The doctor told me that was an acceptable result but when you read studies that examined different age groups I was way under in my age range. More on par for someone in their 60's or 70's. I also don't really want to go on full fledged TRT. I want to see if building some more muscle with a moderately small test cycle can kick start my test back into a healthier level for my age. I know it's from my bodyfat, I've had high bf since I was a teenager.
If anything, you may not recover to the level of test you have now.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Which is already low. So I guess I go on TRT if that happens. I'm prepared.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yep.
I just didn't want the new guys to get the wrong idea.
You'd be on cycle for at least 7 weeks ... But only at the dosage you wanted for a little over a week, probably.
Which is already low. So I guess I go on TRT if that happens. I'm prepared.
Your test is low for sure. But it will go up the mire body fat you drop that's what I hope the doctor os thinking. The other thing and more importantly is you're going to be a SERIOUSLY heavy aromitizer with a body fat level thar high to where you'd probably have to take so mani ai's the health risks will by far outweigh the little bit of progress you may get. I know this sucks to hear but it is what it is right now. Back in my 20s when all I wanted to do was bulk I had to take an ai with anything over 250 mg a week. Now I can get away with doing 750mg per week with very minimal estro sides, minimal enough to where I don't need an ai. It sounds like your dead set on taking test but so I'm not going to try and dissuade you but I would atleast try another year without hopping on. Do you do fasted cardio? Have you ever carb cycled? How long have you gone with eating a gram per pound of bodyweight in protein and the same amount of complex carbs ( 1:1 ratio) try that for 12 weeks. I think there's a lot of things you can do. Remember drugs will always be there. And once you play that card it's played. Do yiu really want to play it now

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Your test is low for sure. But it will go up the mire body fat you drop that's what I hope the doctor os thinking. The other thing and more importantly is you're going to be a SERIOUSLY heavy aromitizer with a body fat level thar high to where you'd probably have to take so mani ai's the health risks will by far outweigh the little bit of progress you may get. I know this sucks to hear but it is what it is right now. Back in my 20s when all I wanted to do was bulk I had to take an ai with anything over 250 mg a week. Now I can get away with doing 750mg per week with very minimal estro sides, minimal enough to where I don't need an ai. It sounds like your dead set on taking test but so I'm not going to try and dissuade you but I would atleast try another year without hopping on. Do you do fasted cardio? Have you ever carb cycled? How long have you gone with eating a gram per pound of bodyweight in protein and the same amount of complex carbs ( 1:1 ratio) try that for 12 weeks. I think there's a lot of things you can do. Remember drugs will always be there. And once you play that card it's played. Do yiu really want to play it now
Even if I was planning much smaller doses initially? I really appreciate the advice, not being argumentative. Will probably wait now. Just wondering if aromatization would still be a high risk on a dose closer to 100-125mg weekly until at a closer to target body fat?

I have been eating like this very strictly (Id say at about a 95% attainment rate) for over 4 months. Since late February.

I have never carb cycled. I have fasted but never cardio. I minimize my cardio because I have an active job (10k-20k steps daily) and have a poor relationship with sleep. I can't sleep more than 5-6 hours most days. I know this is also an issue but the sleep one is the hardest for me to tackle and I believe is linked to the low T. Another reason I'm eager to try supplementation...

Last edited:

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take my diet very serious and I have it pretty dialed. I may need to adjust my caloric intake, but there isn't much more I can do other than that. I do 4.5 -6 hours of training heavy compound lifts every week. Im open to programming suggestions but I haven't come to where I am willy nilly. I was planning on going low dose first cycle. Something that would barely put me outside of my natural levels, 125mg-200mg weekly.
Taking something seriously and knowing what needs to be done to achieve ones goals are not the same unfortunately. I do not doubt you that you take this all seriously, you are on the this board asking for help after all. If you are eating 20-40 g of high quality protein at least 3 times per day, with two feedings with 6 hours of each other with your resistance training in between, for a total of at 1.6g/kg bw of protein daily, then you are likely covered there. Next make sure your caloric intake matches your goals, which you identified needs to happen. The only thing after that is time.

Training is so much though IMO.

If I was trying to increase the bench, squat, and deadlift and had decent recovery I would start with training each move twice a week, at your level.

One day heavier with a single at RPE 8 to lead then some back off work in the 70-85% range with a RPE of 5-6 for as many sets as I could recover from well. Then a second day focused around a variation that improves technical aspects, like pause squat, long pause bench, pause just off the floor pulls, for 5-8 reps at RPE 5-7 for some sets, again to recovery. Then I would fill in the rest of my recovery with assistance work in the 6-30 range at RPE 7-10 for the key muscles that improve those lifts and whatever other muscles you want to train. If you understand training then you should be able to put this into a logical layout with sets and reps and exercises that suit your needs. This is a popular style/layout used by people familiar with RTS style training, which are all top level strength athletes that are natural/tested.

You seem set on doing a cycle, which is fine, you do you. Others can help you there with the current knowledge of dosages, lengths, ect.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
You seem set on doing a cycle, which is fine, you do you. Others can help you there with the current knowledge of dosages, lengths, ect.
No, no. I'm very curious about it, but you guys have managed to talk me into at least waiting. I will reevaluate my diet slightly so I can achieve my protein goals with 300-400 less calories. It actually shouldn't be that hard. I thought about it all night. I'll cycle my carbs by replacing rice as a side dish half the week with some type of eggs.

So concerning the training I am doing something similar. I do each lift twice a week, each day a different rep range and RPE. On Tues and Wed I train in the 1-5 rep range and try to go at about 8.5-9.5 RPE, focusing on progressive overload. Trying to either get another rep/set or stack more weight on the bar. On Sat and Sun I train in the 10-20 rep range at about 7-8 RPE, trying to focus more on my pump, increasing ROM on my squat and getting some isolateral work in to try to hit muscle imbalances.

Last edited:
botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, no. I'm very curious about it, but you guys have managed to talk me into at least waiting. I will reevaluate my diet slightly so I can achieve my protein goals with 300-400 less calories. It actually shouldn't be that hard. I thought about it all night. I'll cycle my carbs by replacing rice as a side dish half the week with some type of eggs.

So concerning the training I am doing something similar. I do each lift twice a week, each day a different rep range and RPE. On Tues and Wed I train in the 1-5 rep range and try to go at about 8.5-9.5 RPE, focusing on progressive overload. Trying to either get another rep/set or stack more weight on the bar. On Sat and Sun I train in the 10-20 rep range at about 7-8 RPE, trying to focus more on my pump, increasing ROM on my squat and getting some isolateral work in to try to hit muscle imbalances.
That's good. You will be glad you did it!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, if I were you and had made up my mind to dip my toes into the PED world, I PERSONALLY would be thinking something like GH and clen would be more in order vs a low dose test cycle. I, hypothetically, would get lean using those two to ENHANCE my already fat loosing program and when I was 10-12% THEN I would hit some test.

Following something like this you would transform vs still be bluffy with 5-10lbs more bulk, trust me I KNOW as I have made this mistake for about 1 and 1/2 DECADES.

Get lean first, use drugs that are purposely used for such if you wish, be careful and take care.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
OP, if I were you and had made up my mind to dip my toes into the PED world, I PERSONALLY would be thinking something like GH and clen would be more in order vs a low dose test cycle. I, hypothetically, would get lean using those two to ENHANCE my already fat loosing program and when I was 10-12% THEN I would hit some test.

Following something like this you would transform vs still be bluffy with 5-10lbs more bulk, trust me I KNOW as I have made this mistake for about 1 and 1/2 DECADES.

Get lean first, use drugs that are purposely used for such if you wish, be careful and take care.
No I think I'm going to change my diet and reevaluate in 3-6 months. If I'm not where I need to be but still making gradual progress, I'll keep waiting. Thank you everyone for the great advice!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sounds like you are on the right overall track. MASS has shared recently that the overall research suggests a little lower RPE like 5-7 is actually better for strength long term, yes higher RPEs are needed to calibrate your RPE ratings on lower RPE sets and you need to build the skill of high RPE training to max ect, but maybe try a top set with some lower RPE down sets to see how you fair if your current routine is not producing the results you want. This would only be on the main lifts and in the 1-5 rep range training. Just an idea to help the needle move the next 3-6 months while you give a little more time with diet and training before reconsidering PEDs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I track calories meticulously and do not eat processed food. I am after reevaluating my basal metabolic rate on a bit of a surplus. So thank you for driving me to look into that. Do you really think an appropriately planned cycle could not benefit me at the moment? I was really looking forward to it...
The problem is that there really isint a appropriate cycle. If your not taking no for a answer then I would use bare bones test only and limit it to 200-300mg a week. It's not much, but if your testosterone is only 300 then this "should" put 1500-2000 easy. It's very likely your gonna need a mg or 2 of Arimidex or 25-50 (basically 2 servings of a ai per week.) There's no gurentee or cookie cutter dose. You gotta figure that out. Even if you did 1 bottle of test 1cc a week for 10 weeks you should have plenty of ai and Nolvadex on standby and it's also likely your blood pressure goes up.

But I'm about 99% sure the negative outweighs the positive heavily on a cycle right now.

DrinkinSwish

Awards
The problem is that there really isint a appropriate cycle. If your not taking no for a answer then I would use bare bones test only and limit it to 200-300mg a week. It's not much, but if your testosterone is only 300 then this "should" put 1500-2000 easy. It's very likely your gonna need a mg or 2 of Arimidex or 25-50 (basically 2 servings of a ai per week.) There's no gurentee or cookie cutter dose. You gotta figure that out. Even if you did 1 bottle of test 1cc a week for 10 weeks you should have plenty of ai and Nolvadex on standby and it's also likely your blood pressure goes up.

But I'm about 99% sure the negative outweighs the positive heavily on a cycle right now.
I'm going to hold off altogether and wait. I appreciate the advice, I'm gonna err on the side of experience and listen to you guys

DrinkinSwish

Awards
Hey guys, just wanted to follow up on this:

Very glad I listened to you guys. I cut calories while maintaining my protein intake. I have slowly started losing weight again and I've been hitting strength PRs all week, and I would have attributed that to the gear had I been on it. My motivation is back and I feel like my efforts are finally rendering fruits once again.

Thank you guys.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey guys, just wanted to follow up on this:

Very glad I listened to you guys. I cut calories while maintaining my protein intake. I have slowly started losing weight again and I've been hitting strength PRs all week, and I would have attributed that to the gear had I been on it. My motivation is back and I feel like my efforts are finally rendering fruits once again.

Thank you guys.
Awesome bro!! Keep up the hard work!! It's a marathon not a sprint. Keep us posted and let us know if you have any more questions