Unanswered Insulin

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Was ready to do 20 ius of this for the next four weeks. I’ve done it before

Who’s done it and how do u compare to add mass? I know last time it game me 25lbs and I kept 10 while being on dbol, that cycle lead on to another 30lbs kept. Bit of fat lots of muscle I blew up due to muscle memory (mad I had previously lost)

How’s this **** for mass gains in ur experiences

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ok. I’ve got a really good thread called Insulin Q&A that Swimfan jumped in and helped with a lot of his experiences.
I guess the big question is, what kind of insulin and when are you taking it, all at once or split up?
If it’s Lantus 20 is a great starting point, if it’s hum-r and you aren’t over 250, 20 will probably put you in the ER without 1000grams carbs over 6 hours.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The mass with intraworkout hum-r was on a par with the most gains I’ve ever seen. With Lantus is was damn near the most fat I’ve ever gained. GH is really helpful with this stuff but aas + slin on workout days is still the most effective stack I’ve ever used.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Ok. I’ve got a really good thread called Insulin Q&A that Swimfan jumped in and helped with a lot of his experiences.
I guess the big question is, what kind of insulin and when are you taking it, all at once or split up?
If it’s Lantus 20 is a great starting point, if it’s hum-r and you aren’t over 250, 20 will probably put you in the ER without 1000grams carbs over 6 hours.
I will check that out how did u like it for mass what was ur experience? It’s novolin r 20 iu, I’ve ran it before at 25iu definitely didn’t nee 1000 carbs

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
The mass with intraworkout hum-r was on a par with the most gains I’ve ever seen. With Lantus is was damn near the most fat I’ve ever gained. GH is really helpful with this stuff but aas + slin on workout days is still the most effective stack I’ve ever used.
LIKE. Can u elaborate a bit on gains?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LIKE. Can u elaborate a bit on gains?
I used it preworkout, so it was peaking as I trained. I ALWAYS did a slin shake (10-15g BCAA, 100g Dextrose/simple sugars, 5-10 glutamine)
It brought up weak points in a matter of weeks. Instant size increases. It was the most effective drug I’ve ever used. With Nov-R I never went over 14iu and I was 255 at the time. I’d imagine those doses would bring on some fat gain but I obv don’t know your size or how you’d respond. Just 12iu’s once put me so hypo I soaked my shirt in my office and sat there for 20minutes eating 350grams of gummy bears until I felt better. I always thought I got some in a blood vessel bc that experience scared the **** outta me. I wouldn’t mess with over 15iu rapid slin unless I was on GH or 275+ pounds. Maybe it works though, I tread lightly with that **** though.

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
25 iu of R is a ton in one dose. That's dangerous brother. Even if you've done it before, conditions can be different in the body at different times. I'd have a fast acting liquid carb ready in case of an emergency on top of your normal planned carbs. I've heard of guys dissolving honey in water. Honey is high in glucose, which is what you want if you're going hypo. I would cut the dose back, but if you're going to do it, be careful.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
25 iu of R is a ton in one dose. That's dangerous brother. Even if you've done it before, conditions can be different in the body at different times. I'd have a fast acting liquid carb ready in case of an emergency on top of your normal planned carbs. I've heard of guys dissolving honey in water. Honey is high in glucose, which is what you want if you're going hypo. I would cut the dose back, but if you're going to do it, be careful.
Ima do a 10 split I think morning and preworkout

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wise man. Going hypo is scary as ****, and like I said, conditions are different in your body each time you use it. Following a plan doesn't always keep you safe.
Ill stick with igf1-lr3.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ima do a 10 split I think morning and preworkout
Way good there. I had only one rule. I never pinned slin without a huge bottle of dextrose tabs and 4 bags of gummies ON ME. I walked around with 2 huge bags of gummies stuffed in each pocket. It was ridiculous, but the one time I desperately needed it, I had. And I needed it Quick.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That scares me more. I’ve heard of stomach distension

Diabetics don’t get distended abs so I’d assume it’s not insulin
Yup. It’s the GH combined with slin. All bodybuilders have distended bellies but not all bb’s use insulin. They ALL use GH though.

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Way good there. I had only one rule. I never pinned slin without a huge bottle of dextrose tabs and 4 bags of gummies ON ME. I walked around with 2 huge bags of gummies stuffed in each pocket. It was ridiculous, but the one time I desperately needed it, I had. And I needed it Quick.
Great advice. I'd also get a blood glucose monitor. They're only 20 bucks on Amazon. I noticed that as blood sugar levels drop, it doesn't always feel the same way. Most of the times my blood sugar level dropped, I would feel irritable and shaky. One time I didn't notice that at all; rather, it felt like a stomach ache. In that case I didn't recognize the symptoms and it was almost too late. I had done everything the same as previous days. I had 20g carbs/iu just to be safe. It still hit me. Luckily I was home and was able to slam carbs.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I have two bags of a **** ton of maltodextrin like 10000 carbs or some ****

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great advice. I'd also get a blood glucose monitor. They're only 20 bucks on Amazon. I noticed that as blood sugar levels drop, it doesn't always feel the same way. Most of the times my blood sugar level dropped, I would feel irritable and shaky. One time I didn't notice that at all; rather, it felt like a stomach ache. In that case I didn't recognize the symptoms and it was almost too late. I had done everything the same as previous days. I had 20g carbs/iu just to be safe. It still hit me. Luckily I was home and was able to slam carbs.
Even test by itself (AAS) can make me slightly hypo. I found out that often times if i had an early dinner (say 6 pm) and was up till late (say 4 am) i got the shakes. Would have to get up and eat something sweet.

Doc had me do a complete metabolic panel. On just 125 mg test per week and hCG 750 iu 3x per week my fasting glucose was below the normal range.

whereas before while natty i went camping to an island. Ate nothing but tuna, some peanuts and protein powder. Could go 24h + without food (did stupid 24 h fasts) and no signs of hypoglycemia.
It is weird, that this small amount of test drops my blood glucose that much.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yup. It’s the GH combined with slin. All bodybuilders have distended bellies but not all bb’s use insulin. They ALL use GH though.
Never quite understood the mechanism behind those bellies. Is it visceral fat. Or organ growth?

Dave Palumbo was a prime example of the distended gut syndrome yet he looks kinda normal now, cant say for sure thpugh. Perhaps it is visceral fat?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never quite understood the mechanism behind those bellies. Is it visceral fat. Or organ growth?

Dave Palumbo was a prime example of the distended gut syndrome yet he looks kinda normal now, cant say for sure thpugh. Perhaps it is visceral fat?
Organ growth.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even test by itself (AAS) can make me slightly hypo. I found out that often times if i had an early dinner (say 6 pm) and was up till late (say 4 am) i got the shakes. Would have to get up and eat something sweet.

Doc had me do a complete metabolic panel. On just 125 mg test per week and hCG 750 iu 3x per week my fasting glucose was below the normal range.

whereas before while natty i went camping to an island. Ate nothing but tuna, some peanuts and protein powder. Could go 24h + without food (did stupid 24 h fasts) and no signs of hypoglycemia.
It is weird, that this small amount of test drops my blood glucose that much.
Anything that increases IGF-1(all steroids really) or enhances nutrient partitioning can put you hypo, it’s an extremely mild version of the hypo you could get with insulin. I’ve experienced it on test, Dbol, winny, Cardarine, and most definitely on insulin. Any theoretically with a low enough carb diet, anyone could get it. But aas for the most part increase your glycemic distribution and could lower you bg rapidly by shuttling sugars more efficiently. Then there’s the whole insulin sensitivity or resistance and it gets more complicated from there.

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anything that increases IGF-1(all steroids really) or enhances nutrient partitioning can put you hypo, it’s an extremely mild version of the hypo you could get with insulin. I’ve experienced it on test, Dbol, winny, Cardarine, and most definitely on insulin. Any theoretically with a low enough carb diet, anyone could get it. But aas for the most part increase your glycemic distribution and could lower you bg rapidly by shuttling sugars more efficiently. Then there’s the whole insulin sensitivity or resistance and it gets more complicated from there.
This is absolutely correct. Great point!

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Alright yo since u seem to have experience with slin how decent is 20iu 4100 calls 150 fat 300 protein 490 carbs dmz msten anadrol 4 weeks for lean tissue

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s about right since you are doing 10iu 2x a day. I opt to pin second pwo and of course between every set chew up a few dextrose tabs. The pump and nutrient shuttling make it worth the risk. Slin shake the entire workout as I stated earlier. It’s nuts, you seemingly gain while you train.
If you are under 180, you could probably get by 8iu 2x easily. Please, it sounds like you’ve used it before, but if not, don’t start at 10. 4iu’s work your way up to 6 then 8 then 10. Start 10grams per IU immediately not counting what you are eating prior to pinning and not counting what you’ll eat/drink during workout. And as HGP and I have done start slowly peeling off 1 gram carbs every workout. If you get good, you’ll get by with 4-6grams per IU.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My body doesn't make insulin and I don't use more than 10 of fast acting units at a time unless I'm about to sit down to a pancake breakfast. Typically it's closer to 8.

The hypoglycemia from AAS is nowhere near comparable to the drop from too much slin.

If you're downing a bunch of sugar to deal with low BG from the slin, you're just gonna get fat.

Use a small amount about 30 minutes before each (healthy) carb containing meal.

You may want to grab some metformin as a sort of PCT and titrate that down over a few weeks as you would a SERM after a course of AAS.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
That’s about right since you are doing 10iu 2x a day. I opt to pin second pwo and of course between every set chew up a few dextrose tabs. The pump and nutrient shuttling make it worth the risk. Slin shake the entire workout as I stated earlier. It’s nuts, you seemingly gain while you train.
If you are under 180, you could probably get by 8iu 2x easily. Please, it sounds like you’ve used it before, but if not, don’t start at 10. 4iu’s work your way up to 6 then 8 then 10. Start 10grams per IU immediately not counting what you are eating prior to pinning and not counting what you’ll eat/drink during workout. And as HGP and I have done start slowly peeling off 1 gram carbs every workout. If you get good, you’ll get by with 4-6grams per IU.
I’ve used it in one other time

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
My body doesn't make insulin and I don't use more than 10 of fast acting units at a time unless I'm about to sit down to a pancake breakfast. Typically it's closer to 8.

The hypoglycemia from AAS is nowhere near comparable to the drop from too much slin.

If you're downing a bunch of sugar to deal with low BG from the slin, you're just gonna get fat.

You may want to grab some metformin as a sort of PCT and titrate that down over a few weeks as you would a SERM after a course of AAS.
Will be using berberine

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

By far the best response. I'm a type 1 as well. I see far too many "normal" people try insulin that just end up getting fat. I see people matching their macros to insulin dose and it should be the other way around. Using insulin is pretty tricky even for a type 1 let alone someone who doesn't need it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By far the best response. I'm a type 1 as well. I see far too many "normal" people try insulin that just end up getting fat. I see people matching their macros to insulin dose and it should be the other way around. Using insulin is pretty tricky even for a type 1 let alone someone who doesn't need it.
Everything here is true. Fueled Passion has been competing forever and he has used most forms of insulin with his GH and he stated the same thing about matching insulin to your macros. I did not experience this because I was 250 at the time and only used 8-10iu’s prior to training. I’d never use more than that personally as that’s the only critical window imo. Plus I was on my feet all day at work and burned a lot of calories. My experience with Lantus was exactly the opposite. Got fat quick.

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I’m stopping the insulin. I’m not risking bubble gut. I can’t fuckin tell whether it’s hgh or slin. No one knows. I’m not risking it I was fine on 25 iu but I won’t be if I get gorilla gut

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everything here is true. Fueled Passion has been competing forever and he has used most forms of insulin with his GH and he stated the same thing about matching insulin to your macros. I did not experience this because I was 250 at the time and only used 8-10iu’s prior to training. I’d never use more than that personally as that’s the only critical window imo. Plus I was on my feet all day at work and burned a lot of calories. My experience with Lantus was exactly the opposite. Got fat quick.
I hated lantus, way too peaky for a basal insulin. I switched to levemir and it was very predictable by far my favorite, Tresiba is a close second in terms of predictability but the ph is a little rough for me.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hated lantus, way too peaky for a basal insulin. I switched to levemir and it was very predictable by far my favorite, Tresiba is a close second in terms of predictability but the ph is a little rough for me.
I also prefer Levemir to Lantus. Treiseba worked well for my BG but it gave me the shizs