Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

INJURIES AND LIFTING

wicked442

Board Sponsor
I know just about everyone who has lifted long enough has delt with injuries. What were your problems? How did they happen? What did you do about them? Do you work around them or err on the side of caution?
I was in a very bad car wreck 6 months ago. I just got new MRIs and XRAYS. I still have 2 discs in my neck that are herniated rather bad. (C5-C7) causing weakness and extreme pain in my left arm/hand,and I also have a full tear in my right rotator cuff. (Supraspinatus).
I see a sports dr next week to decide my next course of action.
 
To clarify my 1st post. I would like some opinions on lifting with a rotator cuff injury and surgery to repair. I dont know if surgery is the route I want to go.
 
Hey Wicked442. I have recently been dealing with a partial labrum tear and so far this is what I have done to better myself. I went to see a sports doctor and have been going to rehab once a week along side doing the exercises at home. This has helped a bit. I am currently taking animal flex, cissuss, and acti-flex 4000 which is for horses but has worked great for me, it was recommended by one of the other members. I am also receiving platelet therapy injections into my shoulder. I know many people are going to chime in and say it is a waste of money but then again platelet injection (450$)>surgery (10,000 $). I think its worth a try, rather than spending lots of money and time away from the gym. I am also taking "secretabridge", the lanoxgenin is supposed help with healing.
 
Hey Wicked442. I have recently been dealing with a partial labrum tear and so far this is what I have done to better myself. I went to see a sports doctor and have been going to rehab once a week along side doing the exercises at home. This has helped a bit. I am currently taking animal flex, cissuss, and acti-flex 4000 which is for horses but has worked great for me, it was recommended by one of the other members. I am also receiving platelet therapy injections into my shoulder. I know many people are going to chime in and say it is a waste of money but then again platelet injection (450$)>surgery (10,000 $). I think its worth a try, rather than spending lots of money and time away from the gym. I am also taking "secretabridge", the lanoxgenin is supposed help with healing.
Thanks for the input. I started the acti flex on here. Great stuff. I have a full tear and im just worried about making it worse. I see the ortho next week. I have an arm wrestling comp in Aug but i dont think that would be smart. I'll look into the injections.
 
as far as lifting goes, do what doesnt hurt. Actively stretch, I feel like a girl warming up with a just a bar. but hey better that then re-injuring my shoulder. A buddy of mine is an NPC bodybuilder (David Riley) big ass mofo and today he was repping just the bar at that gym. Do what doesnt hurt. Right now I cant bench press for ****, but you better believe I am benching at that lame cable machine. Its not the same but will do just fine for now. Bench pressing with a neutral hand grip helps a lot. Find a gym with a football bar or a swiss bar. I even bough globe gripz which allow to bench press at a neutral position, just cannot do to much weight, it isn't functional for that. i dont expect to make any gainz while being injured but I do expect to maintain what Ive worked for.
 
Yeah arm wrestling might be a bit stressful on that joint (reminds me of that new skittles commercial where all the dudes have one arm bigger than the other hahaha ).
 
Thats my outlook as well. My neck is also still giving me other probs. just have to drop the ego and do it smart. I also do alot of warm up and stretching. Pretty much the same things i did in PT.
 
I have read logs of guys with RC tears and still lift as heavy as possible. I dont mind pain just dont want more injury. Light and smart is the way i'll go.
 
Yeah I feel the same way, the pain doesnt bother me much, we lift to feel pain to begin with but when it interferes with our lifting it becomes a problem. Many guys lift real heavy with messed up backs, shoulders, necks, etc... Im almost certain they took it light until they healed somewhat. I know how frustrating it can be because I am very frustrated myself at this point but have been getting better so I can only look to the future not the past. Truth is man, if you are serious about lifting (which you clearly are) you will eventually end up with an injury. Guys like us go to the gym to push or limits because we want to challenge ourselves. Guys that don't get injuries are those that just go through the motions at the gym.
 
Ice, myofasical release, cissus, tb+500 and bpc 157. All of those things will/can help most injuries. Removing ego from the weight lifted and transitioning to worrying about not moving weight but stimulating muscle is a difficult transition. Also I've learned through the years and injuries some exercises just aren't meant for some people. If an exercise continues to bother you even with proper form then it probably isn't ideal to do. I also RARELY barbell bench. Complete ego lift.
 
I've had a partial slap tear, ac joint issues, among other issues over the years and now train hard and pain free.
 
Hey BigKrabbe. I have a SLAP tear. Not to hijack the original thread but how long did it take to be pain free? I have heard great things about TB 500. Would you mind PM me how you dosed it and what company you obtained this peptide from. Thanks a bunch
 
Back
Top