Injecting testosterone twice a week?

Sbdhhi

Sbdhhi

Awards
Currently injection 100mg of testosterone cypionate once a week. would if be more beneficial to inject 50mg of test twice a week? if so what are the benefits.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know it's not uncommon, but I highly doubt you would see any benefits at all. Those who are natural still have ebbs and flows of t-levels.

Honestly, when my dr put me on 200mg bi weekly dose, my immediate thought was to inject 100mg weekly. I decided to try out his protocol first and did some more research. I feel great for the full 2 weeks. Found a formula to break down the halflife. According to the math with 200/biweekly at the end of that cycle you still have 62.5 mg's of test in the system. With the 100/weekly at the end of that cycle, you only have 57 mg's of test in the system. This would imply it's actually beneficial to inject bi-weekly vs weekly. IDK, I've thought about switching to weekly to see if I notice anything, since it seems like it's what most prefer. However, here's a link to what I was using as a reference. Seems pretty sciencey.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know it's not uncommon, but I highly doubt you would see any benefits at all. Those who are natural still have ebbs and flows of t-levels.

Honestly, when my dr put me on 200mg bi weekly dose, my immediate thought was to inject 100mg weekly. I decided to try out his protocol first and did some more research. I feel great for the full 2 weeks. Found a formula to break down the halflife. According to the math with 200/biweekly at the end of that cycle you still have 62.5 mg's of test in the system. With the 100/weekly at the end of that cycle, you only have 57 mg's of test in the system. This would imply it's actually beneficial to inject bi-weekly vs weekly. IDK, I've thought about switching to weekly to see if I notice anything, since it seems like it's what most prefer. However, here's a link to what I was using as a reference. Seems pretty sciencey.

It’s been proven that 200mgs every two weeks is not a good protocol and can cause more issues than weekly injections. There is no doctor that is up on the latest TRT studies that will prescribe every other week injections.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Currently injection 100mg of testosterone cypionate once a week. would if be more beneficial to inject 50mg of test twice a week? if so what are the benefits.
You’ll keep your test levels even and maybe even be able to control your E2 so you won’t need to take an AI.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do 1 shot of 200mg a week, I don’t think it’s a major difference, if I do more that 200 I’ll do 2 shots a week but less than that I don’t.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's common and guys are always trying to optimize, even doing ED and EOD, but the truth is that at lower doses, the benefit is negligible for most. It does nothing for RBC or HCT, in fact it tends to raise it and unless you are very sensitive, the effects on e2 are minimal. It does, however, help keep your test levels from fluctuating a lot, but again at low doses you won't likely notice much.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's common and guys are always trying to optimize, even doing ED and EOD, but the truth is that at lower doses, the benefit is negligible for most. It does nothing for RBC or HCT, in fact it tends to raise it and unless you are very sensitive, the effects on e2 are minimal. It does, however, help keep your test levels from fluctuating a lot, but again at low doses you won't likely notice much.
the benefits are very much worth it...but after 12 years of getting a needle poked into my glute once a week is plenty...i experimented with twice weekly injections but truly didn't see enough of a difference to justify a extra shot every week.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't worry about estrogen anymore..my estrogen is 51..on a scale of 5 to 40..I have no estrogen side effects..took about 13 weeks to feel good once I stopped my AI..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am going to start (2021) twice a week Sub Q injections, there are two threads currently running about this, so I won't make this a third. Check Them Out !

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump. What are folks still doinig today: once or twice?
I actually do 3 times a week of a total of 200mg (200mg/mL concentration). So I inject .33 mL Tues/Thursday/ Saturday.

Estrogen is a bit high according to my last bloodwork, but not getting any gyno or anything and my libido, erection quality and mood are great.

Last bloodwork had me at 1057 ng/dL of Test, SHBG at 18.9, and free Test at 373.8 pg/mL (37.38 ng/dL). My SHBG was much higher on 2x week injections so I decided to try 3 and that seemed to help. My free T was super low because of the SHBG. That's another reason to take smaller, more frequent injections.