Injectable L-Cartanine

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone have experience with this? How was your run? pros? cons?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know some guys who said they like it..I personally just do 2g of acetyl l carnitine pill form...helps with libido

aboveaveragejoe

Awards
I am using it... injectable 250mg twice a week...

I take in the morning and drink 8 oz of orange juice on an empty stomach, my doc told me that a little insulin spike helps.

In the morning i have a thing that I have to do and within literal minutes I can feel the effects.

It has been only a few weeks, but i would say the energy benefits are worth it, and also in the gym I am far far less fatigued than I should be.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I haven't used it yet, but if it's worth anything to you I've got multiple friends using it. They all seem to love it but there doing between 500 and 2000 daily.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also if you have ever come across the YouTube channel chase irons, he talks about it quite often

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I take in the morning and drink 8 oz of orange juice on an empty stomach, my doc told me that a little insulin spike helps.

In the morning i have a thing that I have to do and within literal minutes I can feel the effects.

It has been only a few weeks, but i would say the energy benefits are worth it, and also in the gym I am far far less fatigued than I should be.
L Carnitine has to be uptake via insulin or a insulin spike with carbs to get into the muscle and reach saturation, then you need to maintain that saturation level to reap the benifits. Injecting 250mg 2x a week is not going to do anything. I would chalk up that extra energy to placebo effect

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

By the way I just noticed your username, love it. A few years back me and a few friends were planning on making a fitness website/YouTube channel, stuff like that. Above average Joe's was the name we had planned for it.

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I get the principle of the insulin spike with the injections, but I have a hunch the timing may not actually work. If you inject, then immediately get some fast carbs in, would the insulin spike happen too soon for the products actual availability within your system? I mean it’s action can’t be instant from an IM injection can it? It’s not like you’re mainlining it.
I don’t know the answer, just posing the question?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I get the principle of the insulin spike with the injections, but I have a hunch the timing may not actually work. If you inject, then immediately get some fast carbs in, would the insulin spike happen too soon for the products actual availability within your system? I mean it’s action can’t be instant from an IM injection can it? It’s not like you’re mainlining it.
I don’t know the answer, just posing the question?
It's water based so if the injection is intramuscular it should be almost immediate

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I just purchased some injectable L-Carnitine and I have a few questions. I will be dosing 200 mg twice a day (400 mg total). My questions are:

1) What are the best sites on the body to inject?

2) Does injectable L-Carnitine need to be injected intramuscular or subcutaneous?

3) Do I need to refrigerate the vial of liquid l-carnitine?

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Best,
John

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I just purchased some injectable L-Carnitine and I have a few questions. I will be dosing 200 mg twice a day (400 mg total). My questions are:

2) Does injectable L-Carnitine need to be injected intramuscular or subcutaneous?

Best,
John
Injection site doesn't matter, it works both sub q and intramuscular but I know a few ppl said sub q leaves a bubble under the skin that takes a while to go away and it doesn't look or feel good

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Best,
John
No need to refrigerate the Carnitine.

I do highly recommend you administer carnitine as an IM shot to avoid the unsightly and painful lumps a subcutaneous injection often leaves. Please reference the following video to see how easily and painlessly carnitine may be administered via IM injection:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I definitely think there's a common misconception that sub q shots are less painful. They actual shot feels exactly the same as I'm, and if you get that lump under the skin from sub q it's going to be more painful.

Intramuscular is the way to go, if you absolutely insist on sub q, pick a area with the most fat to avoid the lumps, the fattiest part of the glute comes to mind.

If you go sub q in the belly and you have visible abs, there not enough fat there to hold .5ml or 1ml shots. Your gonna get a lump