Infection Log

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I get an infection from this one, too... then I’m never showering before a shot again. And if I get another one on the next, I’m just giving up. Because holy **** that’s not supposed to happen.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I did my shot, per my protocol laid out above. I do not believe I contaminated anything and I was dry. Still showered clean, but dry. I’m not as good at the left side so I hope I made it into the right spot. It stung this time on the way out so I’m not sure if that was my angle or some alcohol. Got my Superman band aid on there so I should be good to go. We will see what happens.
I’m doing left side for the first time tomorrow...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How long does it take you to push the oil with a 25? I have been torn between ordering 25 and 23 1.5” for glutes. I have big powerful glutes with plenty of fat over them too.

I like the idea of being able to draw and pin with the same needle if I go with 23.

Also, do you put your vials in a heated bowl of dry rice or water to warm the oil before drawing up?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone who pins with larger than a 25g is a maniac.

I could push a ml through a 25g in about one second if I wanted.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And no, I usually don’t heat the oil.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Texas can't secede; see Texas v. White. Supremacy clause puts US constitution over state constitutions. Though they do have a special pre-approval from congress to split into 4 states at anytime they please. They got this in order to entice Texas into joining the United States. So they can go from 2 senators to 8 any time they please by splitting into four states. The ultimate veto that no other state has. They can only use it once.
Thank you for Clarifying. I misunderstood that law while I was living there. And apparently alot of Texans don't understand it either. Cause alot of my friends that still live there proclaim they are the only state that can legally succeed.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone who pins with larger than a 25g is a maniac.

I could push a ml through a 25g in about one second if I wanted.
Do you use a 1 1/2"?

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
18 wasn’t too bad, 23 is nicer. Never used a 25
I used a 25 IM in left delt for some Tb500 a couple times just to try it - seemed fine.

Subq with a 25, on the other hand, is not advisable btw

Company shipped tuberc syringes instead of slinpins so was using them up while waiting.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I did my shot, per my protocol laid out above. I do not believe I contaminated anything and I was dry. Still showered clean, but dry. I’m not as good at the left side so I hope I made it into the right spot. It stung this time on the way out so I’m not sure if that was my angle or some alcohol. Got my Superman band aid on there so I should be good to go. We will see what happens.
I use an 18g and a 25g

I never leave the swab on the vial

I never use a swab to massage pin site after injection

I never use a bandaid

Let vial sit in hot water bath, just filled to level of oil in vial (about) never submerged entirely

Sink is wiped down with Clorox wipe
Wipe vial with alcohol swab - discard swab
Draw oil with 18g.
Draw in a little air to pull any oil from needle into barrel
Swap 18g to 25g
Alcohol swab pin site on body
Push oil through needle and tap barrel to release air bubbles
Once there is no air, push needle into pin site (I don't always aspirate as they've stopped teaching this to nurses)
For 1cc I usually count to about 60 seconds as I push the oil through
Slowly pull needle out, massage with hand. If blood appears, I use a tissue (maybe I should start using an alcohol swab)

Massage for about 30 seconds

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It takes me forever to pish ghe oil through 25. Granted im a newb. But i always thought it sounded tedious to take 10-20 seconds to push but i couldnt do it any faster than that if i wanted to. Though i guess it depends what youre injecting in terms of volume. Im doing my test p and npp at the same time, so its 2.4ml per injection.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
18 wasn’t too bad, 23 is nicer. Never used a 25
I used a 25 IM in left delt for some Tb500 a couple times just to try it - seemed fine.

Subq with a 25, on the other hand, is not advisable btw

Company shipped tuberc syringes instead of slinpins so was using them up while waiting.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you use a 1 1/2"?
Yeah for glutes and VGs I like 1.5” 25, 26, or 27. For quads and delts it’s 0.5” 27 or 28. 31 for peptides and other sub q stuff.

I like to use a 23 to draw up.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somewhat better. No longer spreading, swelling is going down slowly. Redness is fading, still looks like it might be forming an abscess, though. Starting to look like a giant boil rather than a horrible infection. But I don’t feel a pocket of fluid under the spot where it would be if it was.
Happened to me once. Formed a boil and later pushed through the surface. Was 2 years ago, still have the mark, it got dark blue. I blame a tiny piece of rubber from the seal, that may have got pushed into the needle opening, because everything was sterile and I used the same vial afterwards without hustle.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How long does it take you to push the oil with a 25? I have been torn between ordering 25 and 23 1.5” for glutes. I have big powerful glutes with plenty of fat over them too.

I like the idea of being able to draw and pin with the same needle if I go with 23.

Also, do you put your vials in a heated bowl of dry rice or water to warm the oil before drawing up?
Trt here and I’ve always used 23g and it’s all right. Sure 25g might be ideal but I like to draw and pin with same needle. I’m using 1inch but if you say you’re at a higher BF you might wanna go for 1.5 just to make sure

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trt here and I’ve always used 23g and it’s all right. Sure 25g might be ideal but I like to draw and pin with same needle. I’m using 1inch but if you say you’re at a higher BF you might wanna go for 1.5 just to make sure
Good feedback!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I’d never pin with a dull needle. The whole draw and pin with the same one ... I’ll pass. Definitely. I’m not that kind of cheap.

Oh, btw... pretty sure this one is infected too. Not sure how this time, sweating in my sleep maybe? Seems far fetched. Not sure what I’m doing wrong at this point.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’d never pin with a dull needle. The whole draw and pin with the same one ... I’ll pass. Definitely. I’m not that kind of cheap.

Oh, btw... pretty sure this one is infected too. Not sure how this time, sweating in my sleep maybe? Seems far fetched. Not sure what I’m doing wrong at this point.
Contaminated your gear probably or it was contaminated to begin with

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep, almost certainly contaminated.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah it wasn’t to begin with, the first one out of this vial went in good.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m just failing to see how I contaminated it, though.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think maybe dirty work pants? I don’t know... how long after an injection IF THERE IS BLOOD ON WITHDRAWAL does it stay open to infection?

Anybody know the real answer..?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think maybe dirty work pants? I don’t know... how long after an injection IF THERE IS BLOOD ON WITHDRAWAL does it stay open to infection?

Anybody know the real answer..?
I'd ask @2kvette

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m thinking that as well, because I did not mess this one up. Pretty sure. Aftercare... maybe. I’m just doing what I’ve always done... first one worked, next one didn’t for sure... and now this might be infected... it might not. It seems like it was totally fine until the morning, the usual hurts a little. Then worked, noticed on a trip to the batheroom that it was getting more swollen than it ought to, and starting to turn red. It’s not hot yet. So.. I’m hoping I’m being paranoid and it’s just irritated.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s not particularly red yet either, it’s still pink, blotchy, though. Like it’s in the midst of turning red slowly, like an infection. Like the other side did. The first one happened faster though. The day I pinned, it was early morning, I went to bed, got up, went to work, got home, saw it was infected for sure. This is still questionably not infected to me based on how the last one developed.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never mind, it’s red now. It’s infected. This sucks. Now I have to chuck that **** or get some vials and filter needles.. which I didn’t intend to need.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And then, what the hell? I’m still on antis for the other one, so what do they do for that? Just up the dose and give me another IV of Rocephin or?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m really pissed off now. It’s time for a shower and something to stop the swelling.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And then I guess I’ll have to go to the ER... AGAIN.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here’s the new one. Great.

Attachments

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never mind, it’s red now. It’s infected. This sucks. Now I have to chuck that **** or get some vials and filter needles.. which I didn’t intend to need.
Definitely chuck that stuff, brother.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Kind of wonder if dude used enough BA in the brew...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m really really unbelievably pissed right now. I need to go, shower, hospital, anger... ****. Goddamn fucking pisscunt shitfuck

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
And then, what the hell? I’m still on antis for the other one, so what do they do for that? Just up the dose and give me another IV of Rocephin or?
If it were me I would buy another round of the antibiotic online if possible. Since you know what cleared the other up. Just my .02. Throw that crap out and contact your source

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I wouldn’t use any of the vials you got, whole batch is probably bad since it’s mixed in large doses. Not good man not good

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you told us who the source is yet? Maybe I scrolled right passed it...

Looks like you're allergic to it or something. And it doesn't seem to be your pin technique. It's the gear, either bad or has something in it your body doesn't agree with.

You might be more susceptible to it now that your body knows about it. Once it detects it your body just goes into fight mode

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, like I said, the gear was good on the first go. I hit the wrong muscle but it was a clean shot and everything. Hahaha. So this is something I did.

Also, instead of wasting, it, I’m going to make an experimental thing with it using some dmso and my inner wrist. See what happens.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So the swelling in the new site seems to be going down... would be nice ...

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, like I said, the gear was good on the first go. I hit the wrong muscle but it was a clean shot and everything. Hahaha. So this is something I did.

Also, instead of wasting, it, I’m going to make an experimental thing with it using some dmso and my inner wrist. See what happens.
Is the gear from a sponsor? Have you reached out to them?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s definitely a trusted source which is unique to this board, that’s 100% for sure.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It does almost seem like an allergic component since it got red on the surface so quick. I would assume an infection would take a day or two to culture and show itself

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It does almost seem like an allergic component since it got red on the surface so quick. I would assume an infection would take a day or two to culture and show itself
The last one took less than 24 hrs to get to this point.

I’ve never had a reaction like this, except these infections, ever before. I’m not allergic to B.B. or GSO. . .

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m thinking contaminated gear and the antibiotics you’re on are killing it before it spreads far and fast like the old one did

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m thinking contaminated gear and the antibiotics you’re on are killing it before it spreads far and fast like the old one did
But that doesn’t explain why the first shot didn’t do this. I mean I agree contamination is at play but it does appear he did it to this vial and the batch is clean.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But that doesn’t explain why the first shot didn’t do this. I mean I agree contamination is at play but it does appear he did it to this vial and the batch is clean.
That’s what I was saying. I’m just really unsure as to how I managed to contaminate it. I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Kept it in the cabinet, untouched except for when I need it. Used the same cleaning protocol every time. That’s why I wonder if maybe there wasn’t enough BA to keep it sterile once opened.

Also why I wonder if it’s actually something I am doing afterward, dirty clothes or bedsheets.. something like that. I’d think six hours with a band aid would be long enough that it would close. I mean a good pin normally closes almost instantly it seems like. The first one certainly did. The last two didn’t. Incidentally I hit a blood vessel both times. There was some blood on the withdraw, but just a speck, not running, not even a real proper drop.

Usually if I hit a good sized vein or the artery, there’s a trickle of blood that takes a up to a couple of minutes to stop under pressure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jrog3346 Anabolics 10
Punkrocker Anabolics 24
MadStax Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
Nutrition / Health 8