Infection Log

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I pinned hex and IGF in my stomach a whole bunch of times last year, no issues with infection. I pin gear twice so far this year and both times there’s an issue with something. Give me normal welts damnit! I just want a knot in my leg, not a damn football.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ehhhhh well because I have had pretty much every experience you’re talking about and this isn’t those. For one. No offense.

Secondly because this is delayed by a much longer period than say dhb would cause something similar. That would’ve been apparent overnight for sure. This is well into the next day and it’s appearing. And it’s less painful than dhb. But more tender to the touch.

Thirdly it was only 1ml, perfect VG site injection. Went super smooth.

I am also running a slight fever.

Also, the first shot, even in the wrong muscle, didn’t do this. Same volume, smaller muscle (tensor fascia lata), faster push that time. This is gluteus medius, which can take up to 3.5ml in my personal experience. It’s 3ml in the literature but.. anyway.

I had an oh **** moment where I thought I might be still too wet from my shower while I was pinning, which is what I attribute to this infection.
No offense taken. I didn't know all the details. But if you got a fever, and it didnt come on until the next day, then you got an infection. Now, do not worry about telling your provider that you use some steroids. They do not care, and they will not reveal this to the police. It would be a HIPPA violation, which is a big deal, first offense is a 10,000$ fine IIRC.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I pinned hex and IGF in my stomach a whole bunch of times last year, no issues with infection. I pin gear twice so far this year and both times there’s an issue with something. Give me normal welts damnit! I just want a knot in my leg, not a damn football.
Does this feel at all like a sunburn?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No offense taken. I didn't know all the details. But if you got a fever, and it didnt come on until the next day, then you got an infection. Now, do not worry about telling your provider that you use some steroids. They do not care, and they will not reveal this to the police. It would be a HIPPA violation, which is a big deal, first offense is a 10,000$ fine IIRC.
Well, it’s about it being on my medical record accessible to health and life insurance companies. I need life insurance so when I’m gone my kids can have what I never gave them.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Does this feel at all like a sunburn?
The fact that it’s hot to the touch and painful, but it’s not a burning feeling, it’s throbbing now. Feels like I got hit really damn hard.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And it’s about three or four times the size it was last night.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As today has gone on it’s gotten worse and been hurting worse, now it’s throbbing. It wasn’t throbbing before.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You might have to get it drained, be super careful cause if it gets in to your hip joint it’s game over. Infected joints are hard af to clean out and they can really degenerate bone and tissue in the area.

Do you know any local docs personally? They could look and possibly help without putting anything down.

I knew a guy in college who had an infection and it got so bad that he tried to drain it himself, almost ended up dead from sepsis. Don’t chance this **** man if it’s getting worse it’s best to get looked at.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, it’s about it being on my medical record accessible to health and life insurance companies. I need life insurance so when I’m gone my kids can have what I never gave them.
AFAIK it will only show up to them if they do an inquiry; like idk if they just run around requesting your records at random. But if this is truly infected, then you will most likely need serious IV antibiotics; Vanco/Piperacillin/Tazobactim all at once since they don't know what the organism. So they have to cover everything from pseudomonas to staph/strep. Please be honest with them, and try to see someone.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
AFAIK it will only show up to them if they do an inquiry; like idk if they just run around requesting your records at random. But if this is truly infected, then you will most likely need serious IV antibiotics; Vanco/Piperacillin/Tazobactim all at once since they don't know what the organism. So they have to cover everything from pseudomonas to staph/strep. Please be honest with them, and try to see someone.
But clindamycin is good for intramuscular abscess and covers a huge list of organisms I actually looked... I thought it was considered one of the most extreme. I’m already taking 450mg of it three times a day starting today.... second dose coming soon.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Generally I think they like to look at your records when you try to buy life insurance.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
2kvette can’t I say it’s vitamin b12 instead of steroids? I really, really, really don’t want steroids on my medical records. I’ve avoided it so far.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So yeah I’m going to wait just a bit longer, if it keeps getting worse (it hasn’t in quite some hours now) then I’ll have to go in because pip doesn’t just keep getting worse and worse. Though I found out today that I was wrong and you CAN totally get mega swollen hot red pip... so that’s fun to look forward to. Never had it like I’ve now seen pictures of.

So... this might still be pip somehow mysteriously. If so, craziest pip I’ve ever had in my whole life.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
and my fever could be from my abscess tooth.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Look fellas, I have a lot of experience and I know a lot of things but, I haven’t been EVERYWHERE, you know? Still a lot I haven’t done. This is a thing.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I haven’t read this entire thread but it’s not really relevant to your physicians what you injected. If its bacterial then it’s bacterial and they’ll give you their best guess until they culture and treat. If you don’t feel comfortable telling them you’re on gear, then don’t. They really don’t care, and it’s not going to change the course of treatment bc the source is irrelevant. Sorry in advance if this isn’t helpful or was already said pages ago.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven’t read this entire thread but it’s not really relevant to your physicians what you injected. If its bacterial then it’s bacterial and they’ll give you their best guess until they culture and treat. If you don’t feel comfortable telling them you’re on gear, then don’t. They really don’t care, and it’s not going to change the course of treatment bc the source is irrelevant. Sorry in advance if this isn’t helpful or was already said pages ago.
Agreed. And I’d blame it on vitamin b. How would they know any different anyway?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, like I said, MY doctor won’t put it in my file, but I can’t go see MY doctor for this because he doesn’t treat this kind of thing. He would just tell me to go into the ER if I thought I had a serious infection. And then he would probably start actually telling me not to use the gear. Which would suck. In his mind if you’re making too many mistakes, you’re putting yourself in danger. So that’s been part of the condition of our little agreement. He won’t put it on my file as long as I don’t do anything he can’t fix, in a nutshell.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Be careful man. If it is an abscess, it can be very dangerous until it is drained.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed. And I’d blame it on vitamin b. How would they know any different anyway?
I’ll blame it on nothing. Infected injection point. Simple as that. “So how did this happen?” “Well, it’s an infected injection point. I had an injection and now it’s infected.” “Where/how/whom from etc. etc?” “Prefer not to say. But it is an injection point, and it looks infected to me, and I have a fever.”

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMG_0001.JPG

Updated photo.

Can’t tell if it’s gotten bigger since last photo or not, it isn’t throbbing anymore.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s def spreading more anteriorly after looking at both pics

Out line it with a fine tipped sharpie or some pen asap and I mean that. If it spreads at all go to the ER. ****s no joke man, especially if it’s spreading that fast. Once it gets in the blood stream you’ll end up with a massive issue, and believe me, it’ll make its way in there at some point if you leave it

If it happens to be something really nasty like MERSA you could end up with a hole in your hip where all the tissues have died off

Edit: also write down the times you drew each circle around it as well, to see if it’s spreading faster or slower etc. I’d note size and swelling as well as pain and or numbness etc.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s starting to look like erysipelas. But pictures may be messing with the view.
The picture is messing with it a little because it seems like it’s smoothed out the way the redness fades, it’s slightly blotchier, and led me to think maybe I do actually just have a hematoma. It’s hard to tell right now for me and I do have a fever of 100.5 but I do have another infection which may be causing that.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok so it’s... moved... the anterior spreading has fallen back and posterior spreading has started.

This could be a good sign that it’s just a lot of blood under the skin and not an infection. But I doubt it. I’m now even more certain it’s infected.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I went in.

It’s cellulitis, no abscess yet, doc said the clindamycin would probably do the job, but that he’d rather see me on Keflex and Bactrim. So I got a double dose of both of those while I was there, they drew a new line around the spot, and I’m going to get my new antis in the morning.

See? I knew it right from the beginning. It’s infected. ****, I even called it beforehand.

And I ended up losing my nerve and I just told the actual truth except one part. I told them it was prescribed. It was a non issue.

Now that part is good info.

It went like this

“So what’s in there, then?”

“Well it was an intramuscular injection and, yeah, pretty sure it’s infected.”

“I mean, what did you put in there?”

“Do I really have to say?”

“Well... no, but different drugs have different reactions and that’s...”

“It’s testosterone.” *interrupting*

“Oh ok” *begins to hurry* “Doctor prescribed?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Ok, any other meds?”

“Anastrozole... it’s an aromatase inhibitor.... also, doctor prescribed. And I was here the other day for an abscess tooth and they put me on clindamycin.”

“Ok good. Any cultural or religious obligations to how your treatment is performed?”

“No, I mean, I’d prefer not to have any part of my leg cut out”

*both laugh*

“Ok good! The doctor will be right in. Ok? I’ll see you again after he’s done.”

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good ****, run all the way through your bac etc that way you completely clean it out. Glad you got it looked at. Won’t lose your leg now which is a nice bonus too

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good ****, run all the way through your bac etc that way you completely clean it out. Glad you got it looked at. Won’t lose your leg now which is a nice bonus too
Yeah I’m good about finishing my meds.

I really hate infections. Makes me feel dirty.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m pretty sure what happened is I shot dirty shower water into my leg by accident. I know it sounds far fetched but I had an oh **** moment that I didn’t heed because I’ve had anxiety for half my life and the treatment therapy involves letting go of fear and panic, so I don’t always follow my gut.

FOR THE RECORD, IF AT ANY POINT YOU EVEN REMOTELY SUSPECT YOUVE CONTAMINATED YOUR INJECTION EQUIPMENT, TRASH IT. EVEN IF YOURE PRETTY SURE YOU DIDNT.

OR ELSE...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I’m good about finishing my meds.

I really hate infections. Makes me feel dirty.
Hey man **** happens, don’t beat yourself up over it. Just be extra careful from here on out and you’re gtg. Good lesson to learn from you know?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey man **** happens, don’t beat yourself up over it. Just be extra careful from here on out and you’re gtg. Good lesson to learn from you know?
Hey do you know whether I broke the law though, lying about it being a prescribed med? I wasn’t trying to obtain the medication I lied about.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ah ****... I might be in trouble later because of that. Possibly. I really hope not. Depends on how my insurance feels about the doctors bill.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well.. maybe not. Maybe that detail won’t go in. It didn’t look like they mentioned any of that on the medical record, she wrote it down on a sticky note was all. So I think they left that off. I really hope so.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The official reason I went in was “Wound Check”

So I hope they left it at that...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You should be fine man, I can’t say for sure cause I don’t know the ins and out etc but I doubt they put it on your record.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey do you know whether I broke the law though, lying about it being a prescribed med? I wasn’t trying to obtain the medication I lied about.
No you didn’t break the law. People lie to us all the time. We had a guy come in once from a rehab center. He said he was clean. 23 year old
male in acute renal failure. Tested positive for MDMA, LSD, cocaine, THC, alcohol, opiates, and amphetamines. So yeah, his kidneys were toast. They came back like 75% though, after fluid resuscitation. But also, i agree that it was the water most likely. But since it has clearly demarcated edges, it’s not cellulitis. It’s erysipelas. That’s how you tell the two apart. One has a clear edge. One doesn’t.

It doesn’t really matter though. Both soft tissue infection. Treated very much the same way.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No you didn’t break the law. People lie to us all the time. We had a guy come in once from a rehab center. He said he was clean. 23 year old
male in acute renal failure. Tested positive for MDMA, LSD, cocaine, THC, alcohol, opiates, and amphetamines. So yeah, his kidneys were toast. They came back like 75% though, after fluid resuscitation. But also, i agree that it was the water most likely. But since it has clearly demarcated edges, it’s not cellulitis. It’s erysipelas. That’s how you tell the two apart. One has a clear edge. One doesn’t.

It doesn’t really matter though. Both soft tissue infection. Treated very much the same way.
It no longer has clearly demarcated edges and hasn’t since yesterday night, and that posterior edge it had was the only side like that.

Plus, he did an ultrasound of the area to check for an abscess, and we could see the cellulitis fairly easily on the screen.

Erysipelas is considered extremely rare... cellulitis is probably the most common... as far as these kinds of infections go.

Oh yeah, and Clindamycin, kills MRSA.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On the plus side, I think the gear might be starting to kick in just a little.

Got that extra nitrogen retention starting.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It no longer has clearly demarcated edges and hasn’t since yesterday night, and that posterior edge it had was the only side like that.

Plus, he did an ultrasound of the area to check for an abscess, and we could see the cellulitis fairly easily on the screen.

Erysipelas is considered extremely rare... cellulitis is probably the most common... as far as these kinds of infections go.

Oh yeah, and Clindamycin, kills MRSA.
Ahhhhh. Yes. Stupid picture misleading me

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ahhhhh. Yes. Stupid picture misleading me
Yeah the photos weren’t the greatest, best I could do though. It’s all good.

The MRSA comment was for the other guy. Hahahaha

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Needless (or needles?) to say, I will be more strictly heeding my own advices from now on.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And for anyone still uncomfortable coming clean to a doc, just ask for a wound check because you think you might have a skin infection. How did it happen? “I don’t know.”

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn near looked like a crazy spider bite!

spider.jpg

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh it’s much worse now. But... yeah I’m supposed to wait another day on these antibiotics, if I still have a fever, I go back in.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I went in, it had started making a line toward my groin and that was pretty much the point where I was going to the ER instead of bed.

Got some IV antis for a kickstarter. The single dose should be in my system all day.

Funny how that works, apparently antibiotics much like steroids benefit from a strong kicker, except the long acting ones are the kick, and the orals are the “cycle”

Weird. Anyway, here’s my ass again. The line is from the ER doc last night.

IMG_0001.JPG

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It’s a lot darker in person. This camera is a piece of iCrap. It’s... self filtering. And yeah, another ultrasound, still not abscessed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see your recovery. If it’s any consolation, this thread is teaching me some things for later.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In to see your recovery. If it’s any consolation, this thread is teaching me some things for later.
For one, don’t get yourself into a situation where you accidentally shoot dirty shower water from your head into your hip.

Which is to say, if at any point, you think you might even maybe kinda sorta possibly could have contaminated your gear or the pinning rig... trash it.

Or else...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh yeah and, make sure you’re 150% dry before pinning. I’ve always been good before. I just forgot this time a couple of rules I used to never break.

One can be cavalier about steroid use in general but one should never be so cavalier as to possibly infect themselves. Certain rules are made NEVER to be broken.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jrog3346 Anabolics 10
Punkrocker Anabolics 24
MadStax Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
Nutrition / Health 8