Infection Log

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I just got this cool infection in my hip from pinning, and I’ll be on some antibiotics in the morning, this is going to log the progress of the infection, whether it worsens or not, how fast it clears up and with what treatment.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I just got this cool infection in my hip from pinning, and I’ll be on some antibiotics in the morning, this is going to log the progress of the infection, whether it worsens or not, how fast it clears up and with what treatment.
Crap.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah it’s hot and red and swollen. Not cool. I thought I did it perfect this time. No pip even. Dull ache went away shortly after morning rituals, Then suddenly right before I left work it started to hurt pretty good, so sure as **** when I got home I looked and its hot, red and swollen.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I do have to go in, should I tell them I shot b12 into my hip or is there something more legal that comes in oil filled vials that I am unaware of?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cause you know damn well I’m never admitting at the ER I used steroids, my primary care doc is another story. He doesn’t list it on my file.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On to treatment, so far I’ve taken two Tylenol extended release to try and relief e the swelling and possibly help the immune system out by doing so. In the morning I’ll be on a clindamycin 150mg per cap, 3 caps 3 times a day for 7 days and diclofenac 75mg 2x a day for ten days. I’m wondering if that’s going to do the job by itself.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cause you know damn well I’m never admitting at the ER I used steroids, my primary care doc is another story. He doesn’t list it on my file.
Yeah, when I had to go in, I just told tgem I didn't know what the deal was. ..... But we all knew what it was.

You could try the B-12 thing if you want. If you've got a decent amount of visible muscle, they're probably going to draw their own conclusions.
.... But all you need them to do is treat it, not offer commentary.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, when I had to go in, I just told tgem I didn't know what the deal was. ..... But we all knew what it was.

You could try the B-12 thing if you want. If you've got a decent amount of visible muscle, they're probably going to draw their own conclusions.
.... But all you need them to do is treat it, not offer commentary.
Accidentally stuck myself with a sewing needle because my wife loves cross stitching.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On to treatment, so far I’ve taken two Tylenol extended release to try and relief e the swelling and possibly help the immune system out by doing so. In the morning I’ll be on a clindamycin 150mg per cap, 3 caps 3 times a day for 7 days and diclofenac 75mg 2x a day for ten days. I’m wondering if that’s going to do the job by itself.
It's worth a shot, but antibiotics didn't help mine. ... It just kept it at bay for a while. I had to have it drained.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m just imagining their faces “Yeah it’s the wildest thing, surely just have an injection point infection though I have not used any needles”

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Either way it’s totally my fault. The gear is clean for sure. First one is fine now. It’s all gone. Second one though, well just like I jokingly predicted. It got infected.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m two god damned pins into my first cycle back, and I got an infection. I was front-loading the dose, my next one won’t be til next Sunday and I was going to add my oral in as soon as I got of f the antibiotics for my tooth maybe the following Tuesday.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m two god damned pins into my first cycle back, and I got an infection. I was front-loading the dose, my next one won’t be til next Sunday and I was going to add my oral in as soon as I got of f the antibiotics for my tooth maybe the following Tuesday.
That's a real bummer man.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's a real bummer man.
I know right? And to top it off I hit on this little Ukrainian chick at work tonight and she reported me. I thought she liked me like that... I CANT WIN.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know right? And to top it off I hit on this little Ukrainian chick at work tonight and she reported me. I thought she liked me like that... I CANT WIN.
It's a bad week, man.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What else happened, did the Canadians finally build the wall?
LOL.
I've actually had a pretty good week, myself. I worked my butt off the past few days, and it helped me clear some cobwebs out. I feel much better.

...but the previous couple of weeks were rough. Issues with a woman. (Imagine that). LOL

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, here’s to this being a minor infection treatable with that seemingly massive dose of clindamycin.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ill sub when there are pics of gangrene and amputation.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you know its infected? Could just be a hematoma from high concentration gear crystalizing insde the muscle. Theres's a reason why pharma test doesn't go above 200mg/ml. But it could still be an infection. I just don't think it would come on in a single day. But I could be wrong.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you know its infected? Could just be a hematoma from high concentration gear crystalizing insde the muscle. Theres's a reason why pharma test doesn't go above 200mg/ml. But it could still be an infection. I just don't think it would come on in a single day. But I could be wrong. Could also be due to injecting too much volume.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How do you know its infected? Could just be a hematoma from high concentration gear crystalizing insde the muscle. Theres's a reason why pharma test doesn't go above 200mg/ml. But it could still be an infection. I just don't think it would come on in a single day. But I could be wrong. Could also be due to injecting too much volume.
Ehhhhh well because I have had pretty much every experience you’re talking about and this isn’t those. For one. No offense.

Secondly because this is delayed by a much longer period than say dhb would cause something similar. That would’ve been apparent overnight for sure. This is well into the next day and it’s appearing. And it’s less painful than dhb. But more tender to the touch.

Thirdly it was only 1ml, perfect VG site injection. Went super smooth.

I am also running a slight fever.

Also, the first shot, even in the wrong muscle, didn’t do this. Same volume, smaller muscle (tensor fascia lata), faster push that time. This is gluteus medius, which can take up to 3.5ml in my personal experience. It’s 3ml in the literature but.. anyway.

I had an oh **** moment where I thought I might be still too wet from my shower while I was pinning, which is what I attribute to this infection.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But of course I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG HERE. boy oh boy would I ever.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And it’s slowly spreading out, it’s a medium swelling at this point about the size of an egg shaped pack of cigarettes. I’ve had golf ball sized welts from dhb and TNE, nothing this size from only 1ml. And they never got hot to the touch. And the redness didn’t spread.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If I had hit a vein or artery it’d be black and blue by now for sure in my experiences.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, if this were the first shot from this vial, I could see that. But it isn’t. The first shot as I said was in a bad spot, and it still didn’t do this at all.

But then again sometimes it takes a couple shots before allergic reactions or other such effects might happen I guess... maybe I’m just not used to seeing a really bad welt on my leg with a lot of bodyfat.

But even so, based on just the two injections from this vial, one bad one and one good one turned bad, I’m pretty damn sure this is infected. The bad shot was swollen painful tight, for sure. But this is ten times more swollen and it’s hot and red.. I had had the usual dull ache, totally tolerable, and it went away. Then it came back and swelled up and this is happening now.

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
F*cking your first pin up in over a decade as you said should have been the first warning sign. I would have stopped right then.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
F*cking your first pin up in over a decade as you said should have been the first warning sign. I would have stopped right then.
With that attitude you’ll never be good at drugs.

And besides, it was just badly aimed, everything else about it was perfect.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And no, I’m calling it now, third shot in, will be all gravy. And I won’t shower beforehand either. Just prep and pin.

I think I’m treating myself TOO much like a beginner, when I’m not. So I’m taking a ton of extra precaution I never would have done before, overthinking everything for no reason because I already know the damn answers, and ****ing it up.

So next time it’s quick and dirty and I bet you a benji it goes perfect.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll bet this is gone I a few days after I start the clindamycin.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am about to run a dhb cycle soon...how bad is the pip? My last cycle I was paranoid that ALL pip was an infection but no.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Old Witch speaking from your experience, would you say that VG is more susceptible to infections than
dorsal glutes, like some say quads are?
Or is this just a myth, that some muscle groups are more susceptible to infection from injections?

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Lold @ "infection log"

In for bacteria reduction and healthy new tissue growth!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Of course, it is April.... FOOLS.
LOL

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Old Witch speaking from your experience, would you say that VG is more susceptible to infections than
dorsal glutes, like some say quads are?
Or is this just a myth, that some muscle groups are more susceptible to infection from injections?
I think he has only ever had the one infection, himself.

I can say, that the only time I had an infection, it was quads. And when I went to get it drained, a nurse kept talking about weightlifters coming in with quad infections, needing draining (she never mentioned glutes). ..... She was trying to "needle" me, without coming out and accusing me.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am about to run a dhb cycle soon...how bad is the pip? My last cycle I was paranoid that ALL pip was an infection but no.
It’s pretty painful, as long as it’s a good spot it will just feel like you got hit on the ass with a bat for four or five days. Gonna be a solid golf ball or egg sized welt. Gonna sting a tiny bit on the way in too.

Bad spot and obviously you’re not walking for at least a week. I’ve only had one very badly located injection and it’s been pretty recent. And luckily it wasn’t dhb or I’d still be laid up.

Pip from dhb mainly comes from causing a hematoma due to crashing in the depot welt. Basically there are shards of crystallized steroids in your muscle.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s pretty painful, as long as it’s a good spot it will just feel like you got hit on the ass with a bat for four or five days. Gonna be a solid golf ball or egg sized welt. Gonna sting a tiny bit on the way in too.

Bad spot and obviously you’re not walking for at least a week. I’ve only had one very badly located injection and it’s been pretty recent. And luckily it wasn’t dhb or I’d still be laid up.

Pip from dhb mainly comes from causing a hematoma due to crashing in the depot welt. Basically there are shards of crystallized steroids in your muscle.
I always took a hot shower after with a really small waterproof bandage on and a bit of Neosporin and didn’t have too much of an issue with pip and never got an infection.

Irishobrien

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Make sure you’re using heat packs/pads or whatever. Helps clear out the infection. 20 min on, 20 off

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always took a hot shower after with a really small waterproof bandage on and a bit of Neosporin and didn’t have too much of an issue with pip and never got an infection.
Ive always generally taken a shower first, except when I stopped doing that out of need for time. Never had an infection til now.

My aftercare is holding a brand new sterile prep pad on it with pressure and rubbing for about 30 seconds and then a little band aid with a dot of neosporin.

I didn’t have any more band aids for this one, because kids. Hahaha. And then I put on underwear. Usually I’m commando.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A brand new pair of underwear... full of Bangladeshi germs...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive always generally taken a shower first, except when I stopped doing that out of need for time. Never had an infection til now.

My aftercare is holding a brand new sterile prep pad on it with pressure and rubbing for about 30 seconds and then a little band aid with a dot of neosporin.

I didn’t have any more band aids for this one, because kids. Hahaha. And then I put on underwear. Usually I’m commando.
If I didn’t shower after I’d just scrub the area from the site going outwards with a pad and wait till it dried. After it dries you’re gtg. Most of the time I didn’t use bandaids if I wasn’t showering.

Biggest thing for me was cleaning the tops once after uncapping them, and then again right before I drew out. Think that saved me a lot of issues. Also the cleaning the site 2 times before and after probably helped as well.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Subbed, hopefully the potential infection gets better man

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Subbed, hopefully the potential infection gets better man
Clindamycin prescription is being filled right this moment, so I should have it within the next three hours.

It’s worse today, more evidence of infection. Still not painful as I just sit with it though. Not throbbing like other bad infections I’ve had. I’ve never had an IM infection before, just bad cuts, teeth, organs of course... I’ve thought I might, before, but then as time passed it got better not worse.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thoughts this morning were that I’ve only used enanthate a handful of times. Normally use cypionate. But when I used to get it, it was whatever I could get. And this is enanthate from the new source. So maybe my body doesn’t like this recipe. It didn’t crash in winter temps though, so I figured it’s a really good brew, actually. Surprised as hell if this is just a reaction and not an infection. I’ve never had a reaction this bad, not to DHB, TNE, winstrol, dianabol, bold base ...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey swimfan65 what are your thoughts on the subject. You’ve never had an infection you said before, I thought.

Clue me in, brother, I’m stumped now.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Clindamycin prescription is being filled right this moment, so I should have it within the next three hours.

It’s worse today, more evidence of infection. Still not painful as I just sit with it though. Not throbbing like other bad infections I’ve had. I’ve never had an IM infection before, just bad cuts, teeth, organs of course... I’ve thought I might, before, but then as time passed it got better not worse.
My infection didn't hurt real bad either. It just swelled a little, and got warm.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IMG_0001.JPG

You can’t really see how swollen it is, but that’s larger and redder and hotter than it was last night. If I could show a pic of both hips you could clearly see a huge swelling.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely feel a bit stupid because this was supposed to be nice and easy.

So far much difficult, such wow. Very Amaze.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jrog3346 Anabolics 10
Punkrocker Anabolics 24
MadStax Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
Nutrition / Health 8