Increasing Stem Cells

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey,

Not seen this subject discussed before, there has been various subjects online and in the news in stem cell advances and research. You maybe wondering how this is linked to bodybuilding-fitness, but I belive it could be beneficial to recovery and quicker gains.

Is there any supplements out there that will help increase human stem cell production? I read about algae but there is conflicting reports.

Cheers

TSMilliner

Awards
As I understand it, the challenge with Stem Cells is that they have to be harvested, and then injected, and it is a costly procedure. Was just speaking to a Dr yesterday about therapy for back pain, and he was doing a procedure at which he said was heavily discounted at $2500 per injection. Insurance doesn't cover it, and it is not guaranteed to work in every occurrence.

I am by far not an expert, but have done some reading as I myself have back issues from years of heavy lifting and abuse. I believe that most Growth Hormone stimulants, and a few supplements such as vit D, etc.. would encourage stem cell production to increase, but as mentioned the challenge is to harvest them, and into the area where needed. Not sure they do much currently for anabolic growth though, mostly joint and cartilage repair. Interestingly one of the best ways to stimulate production is to lift heavy weights which puts your body into production mode.

I would assume that muscular stem cells would also need to be harvested and injected making it a costly process, probably even more so than HGH.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I understand it, the challenge with Stem Cells is that they have to be harvested, and then injected, and it is a costly procedure. Was just speaking to a Dr yesterday about therapy for back pain, and he was doing a procedure at which he said was heavily discounted at $2500 per injection. Insurance doesn't cover it, and it is not guaranteed to work in every occurrence.

I am by far not an expert, but have done some reading as I myself have back issues from years of heavy lifting and abuse. I believe that most Growth Hormone stimulants, and a few supplements such as vit D, etc.. would encourage stem cell production to increase, but as mentioned the challenge is to harvest them, and into the area where needed. Not sure they do much currently for anabolic growth though, mostly joint and cartilage repair. Interestingly one of the best ways to stimulate production is to lift heavy weights which puts your body into production mode.

I would assume that muscular stem cells would also need to be harvested and injected making it a costly process, probably even more so than HGH.
Huum I See what your saying, this is the advanced form of stem cell treatment, If you need it, then can be a option for youself. I think they ta about this on TV and recent scientific journals.. my main intrest is the less "hardcore" form..

For healthy individuals, I read if the body needs repair, increasing stem cell production without injections and medicial procedures can help repair and increase even the size of muscle in long term..

I guess its pretty new topic..

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So new that researchers still have a ton to learn.. I doubt any of us will ever see anything useful from it for bodybuilding purposes.