Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any reason you’re only doing one arm at a time?

Looks like you could lower the Db a bit further and build a stronger ROM.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any reason you’re only doing one arm at a time?

Looks like you could lower the Db a bit further and build a stronger ROM.
If I had to guess I’m thinking he has some shoulder issues... I was thinking the same thing about rom, but maybe he can’t go lower without pain... as far as the one Db at a time maybe he doesn’t have enough weight for two?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If I had to guess I’m thinking he has some shoulder issues... I was thinking the same thing about rom, but maybe he can’t go lower without pain... as far as the one Db at a time maybe he doesn’t have enough weight for two?
I expect these to be the case, but as for shoulder ROM that very likely isn’t - most people just cheat their ROM to lift more because they haven’t really been advised otherwise.

I don’t know a single person who squat to depth without being shown what that is at some point.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I expect these to be the case, but as for shoulder ROM that very likely isn’t - most people just cheat their ROM to lift more because they haven’t really been advised otherwise.

I don’t know a single person who squat to depth without being shown what that is at some point.
I hear you man. I only say shoulder injury because I have one right now and can’t really go lower than a three block on bench. But maybe your right. I’m curious to see what he says...

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. I have a new video up I'll post here. I only did one rep to check the form. I am able to get lower, IF I do a more underhand grip. As far as doing one arm at a time, it's because it's easier to get the weight up when it's heavy. I still need to get a video of me doing the seated overhead press, but here is a new video of me doing the incline bench:

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In terms of injury, yes I have messed my shoulders up from doing ego benching in my mid 20s. I cannot barbell bench at all, unless it's reverse grip, or with a swiss bar.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks guys. I have a new video up I'll post here. I only did one rep to check the form. I am able to get lower, IF I do a more underhand grip. As far as doing one arm at a time, it's because it's easier to get the weight up when it's heavy. I still need to get a video of me doing the seated overhead press, but here is a new video of me doing the incline bench:
Looks good to me