inceased weight gain due to AAS

greg20090909

Awards
hey i just wanted to ask everyones opinion on an idea.. Suppost you were not on AAS and at 500cals past maintence therefore giving you 1lb/weekly of weight gain vses. if you were on AAS using that same diet. In theory you would only be able to gain 1 lb weekly as well?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
from a nutrtional standpoint it should allow to you surpass a normal surplus of calories with little fat gain. id go for a 1000 cal surplus. assuming your goal is mass

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
hey i just wanted to ask everyones opinion on an idea.. Suppost you were not on AAS and at 500cals past maintence therefore giving you 1lb/weekly of weight gain vses. if you were on AAS using that same diet. In theory you would only be able to gain 1 lb weekly as well?
This is actually a very interesting question.

Steroids have anti-catabolic effects, so my guess is that while you're on them, you'll see more rapid weight gain even if your diet hasn't changed.

However, when you come off, you'll slowly lose unless you compensate and increaes your caloric intake.

This is just my theory; I hope others can add some insight.

SPS

Awards
  • Established
This is actually a very interesting question.

Steroids have anti-catabolic effects, so my guess is that while you're on them, you'll see more rapid weight gain even if your diet hasn't changed.

However, when you come off, you'll slowly lose unless you compensate and increaes your caloric intake.

This is just my theory; I hope others can add some insight.
This has been my experience, when I have used a cycle to recomp, I don't increase my cals, but on the other side I end up leaner with more muscle mass and strength increases. My appetite goes up so it feels like I am cutting

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Except with tren......... Considering it was made for feed efficiency.