In anyone here have or ever have been on an Adderall or Vyvanse prescription?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seeing my doc in a week about it.

I need it, not for fun, but to function.

He will give it to me, but I am super freaked out about all of the sides, and or issues I have heard with people that need this indefinitely, however, without it, I suck, on it, I am a friggin machine. I cant maintain control of my life without it, I just don't know if it will be worth it, with all the bs I've heard from people that have been on it.

Bottom line, I'm just curious, is there anyone that needs this life normally, takes it as directed, and just has a great life, or is there always a sh*t tradeoff?

bosshogg83

Awards
Been on it for about 4 months. Definitely a positive in my mind. I have found that eating a good protein based meal before taking it helps keep the side effects down. Take at same time every day, stay hydrated.

feather319

feather319

Awards
I was was as freaked out as well when I got my first adderall prescription a few years ago. I used adderall xr for 2 years and just switched to Vyvanse. Vyvanse is a lot more expensive but much smoother than adderall. I didn't feel hyper focused and could acually be social. Make sure you supplement with magnesium glycinate to help keep your tolerance down.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have script, I’m not sure I need it medically but it makes a busy life a lot more productive ;)

I been on Adderall for 3-4 years, I almost never take full dose (20mgx3 ed) and make sure I take days off in the week.

I don’t have any “nasty” side effects but I need a lite more to get a “kick” than when I started and I need multiple doses during the day to not crash. I learned not to take it too close to bed, learned the hard way with long sleepless nights. I feel that, like with everything else, if you can use it responsible and with common sense you’ll be fine.

If you do have a addictive personality and don’t think you can control it, I recommend to stay away.

Good luck

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have vyvanse 50mg. Sides honestly aren’t bad all I notice are appetite suppression, dry mouth occasionally, and I get a sort of hangover feeling if I take it a couple days in a row and don’t take it the next day. It does affect sleep if taken too late in the day. Wouldn’t have made it through nursing school without them though. I don’t procrastinate, I get **** done and memory retention is tenfold

Tmdl

Awards
See if u can get modafinil instead, much less sides

resrch3d

resrch3d

Awards
Just got a prescription for this, purpose was to combat anxiety, and actually worked. Any way, I called customer service line with questions about taking L Theanine inositol combo with it... they were not very helpful and couldn’t give me a solid answer on safety when combining this with anything not even with my multi. Anyone safely combine this with supplements other than magnesium?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just got a prescription for this, purpose was to combat anxiety, and actually worked. Any way, I called customer service line with questions about taking L Theanine inositol combo with it... they were not very helpful and couldn’t give me a solid answer on safety when combining this with anything not even with my multi. Anyone safely combine this with supplements other than magnesium?
I actually take my vyvanse with 200mg L theanine and a Nuun energy electrolyte tablet. Works great for me. I would occasionally get headaches when I felt the medication was wearing off and since this combo I havent noticed that at all