Importance of HCG?

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
How many of you guys think it find it necessary or important to run HCG while on cycle?

What are some pros and cons you guys think will result from running HCG on cycle?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, if you want balls, and not an empty sac, and shoot sperm instead of dust bunnies...

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m fairly certain HCG will protect your leydig cells from atrophy and keep you off TRT

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
HCG is awesome. Keep your balls functioning so that you do not have to wait for them to grow back when you come off cycle. How fun do you imagine it will be to walk around with sub 200 test levels, and not even a decent pair functioning testicles. Limit or avoid time spent in that situation. Do yourself a favor and get some HCG at least for the tail end of the cycle.

Cons
$, effort
Pros
Keep gains, Less time feeling like **** during pct, peace of mind knowing that you are taking care of your health and preserving your reproductive capabilities,

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I cruise and blast, so I run it everyday at 100mcgs all the time. When I would cycle I would get a bottle and do 500mcg every 3 days for the last month of the cycle to make sure that the guys were ready to produce on their own once the negative feedback was removed from my hpta. Some people dont shut down as easy though, lucky bastards. My testes ache when I dont have hcg on cycle and it hurts and just feels wrong. Not to mention the dust bunnies.

The only sides would be some minor gyno flair up (increased estrogen) that I cannot even absokutely attribute to the hcg. Some aromasin and a serm will take care of that. If you are blasting then you should already have that stuff on hand.

My other possible concern would be overstimulation and possibly causing primary hypogonadism. To prevent this I use the small 100mcg dose. 500 is pretty standard and Ive hesrd of much higher doses used in clinical setting so that feels pretty safe. If you are trying to get back after atrophy, use a bigger dose less frequently, to maintain, use the 100mcg a day and see how you feel. That is what I do

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you cruise ... arent you shut down 24/7 as it is?
Exactly, that is what the HCG is for, since I am shutdown 24/7,I use it daily to maintain normal function of my testes. Else I would have raisins by now and blow dusters and lower drive, less good feel, etc.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Been on trt almost two years now and never used hcg. Been on trest probably about half that time(not consecutively) on anywhere from 70-300mg per week with my 100mg test. Never had the dust loads issue as mine have always been massive. Balls are non existent(jk but at least 20% smaller) but i dont really care too much about that. Ive always had small balls regardless.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am on TRT from my doctor who is a urologist. He seems not too up on trt as my estrogen was crashed when he put me on 1mg arimidex everday when i was using clomid for fertility ( several years). I just started test and will probably have to handle HCG myself. Anyone recommend a site or thread that shows how to use hcg while trt? I Do plan on blasting and cruising. ONe of those trt clinics i talked to ( like $200 per month disgraces) told me their protocol was 1 shot 200mg per week, arimidex ( he said dose will vary some take 1mg a week others 3mg per week) and then 2 shots of hcg per week but i forgot the dosage. Also is HCG into the muscle or under the skin?

I also will post a thread asking questions about my first cycle as I tried on another cite and got more advice on college than questions being answered.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
HCG lasts almost two weeks in the body, having effect for even longer. No need to do ED.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
500iu/wk is standard. Not even necessary, you can get by with a lot less.

Hell some guys take a shot of it every few months and it keeps the gonads plump and juicy.

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
500iu/wk is standard. Not even necessary, you can get by with a lot less.

Hell some guys take a shot of it every few months and it keeps the gonads plump and juicy.
What would be a good conservative use of hcg while on cycle in your opinion, as an alternative to 500iu a week?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're doing cycles that's say 10-12 weeks I think it should be mandatory, a short oral cycle and it's highly likely you won't need it.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Steely I have been reading up on HCG after I had that huge hair shed when they started me on 1000/wk. I think it shocked my system.

Anyway - after doing my research I found a doc that lists his prefered TRT protocol on his website and he likes his guys to run it the first week of the month (i think at 1500 IU but cant recall) .. the theory is you dont risk desentization by doing this anf he think the HCG works better as a periodic "wake up" for your brain/boys ... and that doing it consitently at low dose over time could result in (i think it was LH) desentization ... what are your thiughts on this. Makes sense to me.But i havent used it in the past
I honestly know jack **** in regards to hcg lol, but his logic sounds about right.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think HCG is only needed if you want kids, otherwise it’s really no point, it won’t do very much if anything for your test levels, for me at least.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What would be a good conservative use of hcg while on cycle in your opinion, as an alternative to 500iu a week?
500iu every third week. It’s effect lasts two weeks.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Or even, 500iu just once every time the nuts seem to be shrinking again. Probably the most conservative use.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think HCG is only needed if you want kids, otherwise it’s really no point, it won’t do very much if anything for your test levels, for me at least.
As I said before, if you like having balls and shooting cum instead of dust bunnies...

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As I said before, if you like having balls and shooting cum instead of dust bunnies...
So it makes cycles now comfortable, but do you think it makes a substantial difference to hpta recovery post cycle, or just a minor effect?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So it makes cycles now comfortable, but do you think it makes a substantial difference to hpta recovery post cycle, or just a minor effect?
For anyone with testicular atrophy it’s going to be substantial. HCG is worlds better than clomid at raising the dead, so to speak.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Are there any other benefits of hcg wih trt longterm? Like doesnt it increase test a little bit too and think ive heard it adds to libido? Im obviously a huge hcg newb

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are there any other benefits of hcg wih trt longterm? Like doesnt it increase test a little bit too and think ive heard it adds to libido? Im obviously a huge hcg newb
Well, long term, even more the whole “want to keep having balls” thing should be important... at least for comfort etc...

Plus, yeah, if you DID want to maybe try coming off trt... for some reason... you’d need to have been using hcg for at least awhile.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, long term, even more the whole “want to keep having balls” thing should be important... at least for comfort etc...

Plus, yeah, if you DID want to maybe try coming off trt... for some reason... you’d need to have been using hcg for at least awhile.
I actually did that, coming off trt, and went from “too low to measure” sperm to making babies with 1 month of HCG (250iux2 a week) and 2 month of Clomid (25mg ed), I can’t give all credit to Clomid but I would say both have there place but Clomid is more important for recovery.

Btw having low sperm, or “small balls”, have nothing to do with comfort

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone here ever went to an endocrinologist and was prescribed hcg. Seems like a lot of guess work and self medicating. I have low t, and I tried self medicating with clomid, but test levels went back to low after use. I am wondering if an endocrinologist would actually be up to date on this sort of thing

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I on TRT through doc who run in same circles as Dr. Sheehan and Dr. Crisler (RIP). My protocol is very tiny amount, every day, to mimic natural lh production. there are lh receptors all over the body, including brain - they there for a reason. i do 10 units (first number on 100 unit/1ml insulin syringe) every am. all bloodwork great, feel great, appearance of testicles is full size. so i stick with that protocol ^

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Has anyone here ever went to an endocrinologist and was prescribed hcg. Seems like a lot of guess work and self medicating. I have low t, and I tried self medicating with clomid, but test levels went back to low after use. I am wondering if an endocrinologist would actually be up to date on this sort of thing
in my experience - you very lucky to find "regular" doctor/endo etc... who truly understand male hormonal health/anti-aging after age 40'ish. unfortunately, best guys "in the know" are all private and cost out of pocket money. but worth it, imo. i say try local area for "anti-aging" doctors and try to find most affordable. if have to use insurance (hard as companies put through hoops before paying for male trt) maybe you get lucky and find guy that willing to work "with" your ideas, instead of dictating "I doctor - i know best, be quite" - too common i'm afraid. good luck!

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in my experience - you very lucky to find "regular" doctor/endo etc... who truly understand male hormonal health/anti-aging after age 40'ish. unfortunately, best guys "in the know" are all private and cost out of pocket money. but worth it, imo. i say try local area for "anti-aging" doctors and try to find most affordable. if have to use insurance (hard as companies put through hoops before paying for male trt) maybe you get lucky and find guy that willing to work "with" your ideas, instead of dictating "I doctor - i know best, be quite" - too common i'm afraid. good luck!
Thanks, I was hoping for other options before going to trt, just to see what is going on with me... I live in a small town, any idea how I should search for a trt clinic or someone who may prescribe hcg protocol

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so is it usually one shot per week if you are on say trt and doing blast and cruise ? I had seen some doing 2 shots per week about 500iu?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
so is it usually one shot per week if you are on say trt and doing blast and cruise ? I had seen some doing 2 shots per week about 500iu?
I think twice a week is more typical from what I’ve seen.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I could be wrong here and please correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t HCG potentially damage some cells in the testies which means over time you produce less and less test the more you use it? Again if I’m wrong please correct me

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I could be wrong here and please correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t HCG potentially damage some cells in the testies which means over time you produce less and less test the more you use it? Again if I’m wrong please correct me
You are correct. The more HCG is used, the less of a chance you have with a decent reset/restart. Leydig cells die off from what I understand.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If one is doing TRT for life, I'm not sure it would be an issue to continuously use HCG.