Already had some mag & vitC & D on hand

N

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow! That’s a serious stash.

I started one bottle this week, 3 caps /day.
Guess it will be hard to judge because we are taking the social distancing very very seriously. But either way, these are times for survival.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow! That’s a serious stash.

I started one bottle this week, 3 caps /day.
Guess it will be hard to judge because we are taking the social distancing very very seriously. But either way, these are times for survival.
I got it for couple of my families .. and agree hard to judge on these types but know inside it’s working it’s magic.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same here..

Will be checking out the new product by Black Lion Research as well..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang that's a nice stash! The real question is, is your TP stash that good as well?!;)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So if I start wearing underwear I won’t need toilet paper?

To think of all the money I have been wasting all these years!!
Exactly and your welcome

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So if I start wearing underwear I won’t need toilet paper?

To think of all the money I have been wasting all these years!!
All the money you could have been putting towards supps!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So a bunch of stuff is saying elderberry is a no go during these times due to the potential to increase inflammatory cytokine production. I don’t pretend to understand any of that but curious what more knowledgeable people on the matter think?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So a bunch of stuff is saying elderberry is a no go during these times due to the potential to increase inflammatory cytokine production. I don’t pretend to understand any of that but curious what more knowledgeable people on the matter think?
This is a really good comprehensive read right here:

and this which highlights a few supplements as well..

N

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was scared about the cytokine storm potential and wavered on buying this. Some other research thoughts suggesting it’s good for prevention but to stop if there are symptoms:

“Sambucus nigra (Elderberry): There is preclinical evidence that elderberry inhibits 22
replication and viral attachment of Human coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63) , different than COVID-19, but a member of the coronavirus family. Sambucus appears most
effective in the prevention or early stage of corona virus infections.
significantly increases inflammatory cytokines, including IL-B124 so should be discontinued with symptoms of infection (or positive test). An evidence-based systematic review of elderberry conducted by the Natural Standard Research Collaboration concluded that there is level B evidence to support the use of elderberry for influenza25 which may or may not be applicable to COVID-19 prevention.“

grovemule

grovemule

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Olive leaf extract (keeps cold sores away which has afflicted me for years) lots of garlic and onion, vitamin D3

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PeakO2 is underrated! I've started adding it to my coffee in the AM.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ya big fan. Been off and on using since Scivation/Primaforce brought it to the market. Now I am obsessed with Mushrooms. 🤷‍♂️
Do you go with solo mushrooms or combo products (like Peak02)? I’ve been keen to check out solo ones but I just really like Peak02, and at 4g daily, I’m getting a decent dosage of each. I mainly enjoy it for the Cordyceps but even at lower dosages, the other mushrooms in the blend are beneficial.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was scared about the cytokine storm potential and wavered on buying this. Some other research thoughts suggesting it’s good for prevention but to stop if there are symptoms:

“Sambucus nigra (Elderberry): There is preclinical evidence that elderberry inhibits 22
replication and viral attachment of Human coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63) , different than COVID-19, but a member of the coronavirus family. Sambucus appears most
effective in the prevention or early stage of corona virus infections.
significantly increases inflammatory cytokines, including IL-B124 so should be discontinued with symptoms of infection (or positive test). An evidence-based systematic review of elderberry conducted by the Natural Standard Research Collaboration concluded that there is level B evidence to support the use of elderberry for influenza25 which may or may not be applicable to COVID-19 prevention.“
This is what I've read as well. Take the elderberry now to keep the covid away. If, for whatever reason you do get it, stop taking it. I think I heard that vitamin a helps if you contract it..

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PeakO2 is underrated! I've started adding it to my coffee in the AM.
I agree .. peak02 is pretty awesome in that aspect .. I know @sns8778 is super busy with multiple projects .. hopefully we will see some quality peak02 soon from sns

R

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you go with solo mushrooms or combo products (like Peak02)? I’ve been keen to check out solo ones but I just really like Peak02, and at 4g daily, I’m getting a decent dosage of each. I mainly enjoy it for the Cordyceps but even at lower dosages, the other mushrooms in the blend are beneficial.
I generally just use Peako2, it has always treated me well so I keep coming back. I'll use Lions Mane as well in some nootropic formulas and have used a few tubs of Genius Mushrooms, but again usually just stick with PeakO2.

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doctors are warning against using elderberry with coronavirus due to its potential to induce what’s called CYTOKINE STORM. Stop taking elderberry. Yes it’s good for regular influenza but with covid19 it could actually kill you

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What doctors? I’ve read it’s not likely. Put up some links. I will dig mine up.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With is the keyword here..

Taking it as a preventative measure is advised.
I suposse my concern would be if I have it but am asymptomatic. What if I have it and don't know it and start taking elderberry. Could that cause problems?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ELDERBERRY AND COVID-19 – WHAT ARE THE FACTS?

REFERENCES:
  1. Barak V, Halperin T, and Kalickman I. The effect of Sambucol, a black Elderberry-based, natural product, on the production of human cytokines: I. inflammatory cytokines. European Cytokine Network 12, no. 2 (June 2001): 290–96. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11399518
  2. Herbal Medicine and Cytokine Storm in Respiratory Infection. Herbal Medicines and Cytokine Storm in respiratory infection. Paul Bergner Director, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, http://naimh.com
  3. What Are Cytokines? - Definition, Types & Function https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-are-cytokines-definition-types-function.html
  4. Tisoncik JR, Korth MJ, Simmons CP, Farrar J, Martin TR, & Katze MG. Into the eye of the cytokine storm. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2012 Mar 76(1): 16-32. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294426/
  5. Kirichenko TV, Sobenin IA, Nikolic D, Rizzo M, and Orekhov AN. Anti-cytokine therapy for prevention of atherosclerosis. Phytomedicine: International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology 23, no. 11 (October 15, 2016): 1198–1210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2015.12.002.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I suposse my concern would be if I have it but am asymptomatic. What if I have it and don't know it and start taking elderberry. Could that cause problems?
No

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doctors are warning against using elderberry with coronavirus due to its potential to induce what’s called CYTOKINE STORM. Stop taking elderberry. Yes it’s good for regular influenza but with covid19 it could actually kill you
What doctors? I'm going to need quotes when you make a statement that "taking elderberry with Covid-19 can kill you."
It will not trigger a CRS.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ELDERBERRY AND COVID-19 – WHAT ARE THE FACTS?

REFERENCES:
  1. Barak V, Halperin T, and Kalickman I. The effect of Sambucol, a black Elderberry-based, natural product, on the production of human cytokines: I. inflammatory cytokines. European Cytokine Network 12, no. 2 (June 2001): 290–96. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11399518
  2. Herbal Medicine and Cytokine Storm in Respiratory Infection. Herbal Medicines and Cytokine Storm in respiratory infection. Paul Bergner Director, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, http://naimh.com
  3. What Are Cytokines? - Definition, Types & Function https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-are-cytokines-definition-types-function.html
  4. Tisoncik JR, Korth MJ, Simmons CP, Farrar J, Martin TR, & Katze MG. Into the eye of the cytokine storm. Microbiol Mol Biol Rev. 2012 Mar 76(1): 16-32. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3294426/
  5. Kirichenko TV, Sobenin IA, Nikolic D, Rizzo M, and Orekhov AN. Anti-cytokine therapy for prevention of atherosclerosis. Phytomedicine: International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology 23, no. 11 (October 15, 2016): 1198–1210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2015.12.002.
I read this on the Gaia website and it is the same as what you posted from Sambucol. Of course, getting advice from a company leaves me skeptical. But...

The first study I found is from another company, making a natural product and claims it reduces cytokine expression, using a combination of herbs including elderberry: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26781385

Here, a study shows elderberry improves metabolic dysfunction and reduces inflammation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26314315

Here it reduces cytokine secretion in skin from UVB exposure: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31512082

This study shows that elderberry with L. Acidophilus caused the acidophilus to increase interferon release, a cytokine, but this actually appears (I could be misinterpreting) to overall reduce the overal inflammation (maybe because it improves effectiveness of the inflammation that is there?) : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23118903

This study shows "potent" inhibition of inflammatory activities: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16460254

So....we just can't be sure. There is one or two studies showing potential increased cytokine production, and some studies showing potential decrease.

As bonus studies:

Magnolia Officinalis seems to have stronger anti-inflammatory effects than Elderberry: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23711140

Black Licorice constituents keep popping up during my research too - not directly related toward Covid, but indirectly: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18771378

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Elderberry is great for immune system health. It's been the best selling immune system supplement on the market for years for good reason.

If you were to contract it, common sense should dictate that the better shape your immune system is in, the better off you are.

If someone is that worried about it, they could stop taking it if they contract it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What doctors? I'm going to need quotes when you make a statement that "taking elderberry with Covid-19 can kill you."
It will not trigger a CRS.
Absolutely agreed on this. Elderberry is a great ingredient for helping boost the immune system.

It's also interesting to me, and you'll likely agree - that the anti-elderberry supplement crowd seemed to come along after the price of elderberry raw materials quadrupled in price and most places ran of out of stock so some companies couldn't get it. Amazing how the agenda conveniently then became anti-elderberry.

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Elderberry is great for immune system health. It's been the best selling immune system supplement on the market for years for good reason.

If you were to contract it, common sense should dictate that the better shape your immune system is in, the better off you are.

If someone is that worried about it, they could stop taking it if they contract it.
I’m not really worried at all honestly. Was more genuinely curious because I heard that from a few different places and knew some people on here would have some good info/studies.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use a 10:1 Cordyceps Militaris extract from a very reliable supplier. Absolutely love it.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Elderberry and Quercetin seem to be some of the most promising and talked about ingredients, but certainly there are others to consider. I am currently taking and just bought more of the SNS product..

I was also interested in adding one of these Quercetin products that claim to offer enhanced bioavailability. Anybody have thoughts or experience with either one of these?

I find it a little hard to believe the bioavailability is x50 with with Bio-Quercetin, but who knows :unsure:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not really worried at all honestly. Was more genuinely curious because I heard that from a few different places and knew some people on here would have some good info/studies.
I'm glad to hear that you aren't worried on the Elderberry. I didn't mean my reply to sound like I was saying that you were or singling you out if it came off that way either; I was kind of just using your question/post as a lead in to my quick thoughts on it.

N

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm glad to hear that you aren't worried on the Elderberry. I didn't mean my reply to sound like I was saying that you were or singling you out if it came off that way either; I was kind of just using your question/post as a lead in to my quick thoughts on it.
I already bought and am on my second week of Immune Xt. Still very curious on if there’s more research here. Noticed in Walgreens Elderberry was sold out and being rationed like toilet paper

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I already bought and am on my second week of Immune Xt. Still very curious on if there’s more research here. Noticed in Walgreens Elderberry was sold out and being rationed like toilet paper
Elderberry raw materials are by far the most in demand raw material on the market right now. And many suppliers are definitely taking advantage of it raising prices dramatically.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Elderberry and Quercetin seem to be some of the most promising and talked about ingredients, but certainly there are others to consider. I am currently taking and just bought more of the SNS product..

I was also interested in adding one of these Quercetin products that claim to offer enhanced bioavailability. Anybody have thoughts or experience with either one of these?

I find it a little hard to believe the bioavailability is x50 with with Bio-Quercetin, but who knows :unsure:
Check out Alpha-Glycosyl Isoquercitrin

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh
Oh I got that, didn’t think you singling me out haha. Definitely a great product that will help a lot of people stay healthy.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Check out Alpha-Glycosyl Isoquercitrin
Wouldn’t ya know I literally just placed an order for the Optimized Quercetin. That Alpha-Glycosyl Isoquercitrin looks good! Maybe next time :(

Meanwhile, I was called in to work because one of us RTs is “sick” (that’s all I know)...

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On another note, this autophagy process sure is interesting

There are supplement formulas out there that support that process as well. One I checked out had Bio Quercetin and theaflavins from black tea extract..

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Only one company came up when I did a search....we can’t let them monopolize the market.

SNS should give them a run for their money!
The reason I asked is that I think they may own the rights to it. That would explain why no one else is doing one.

Elite_Labs_USA

Elite_Labs_USA

Awards
Personally i feel products such as cycle supports are really beneficial in times like this as they help with liver, prosate, blood pressure, just everything to keep you functioning

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar