Unanswered I'm curious, are these good numbers? I think I'm close to my natural max limit.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So for reference, I'm 31, 6 foot(182cm) and weigh 260(118kg). I do need to loose weight though, about 45 pounds (21kg). Anyway, I bench press with dumbbells on a high incline at 45 degrees, because of past shoulder injuries from barbell ego lifting in my 20s. So I'm benching with dumbbells that are 80 pounds and I might be able to go up to 85. I've tried 90 and can only do half reps. With 80, I can do full reps and my shoulders feel fine. I can also dumbbell press standing with 55 pound dumbbells and can probably get them to 60 and still do full reps and I can curl 60 pounds, and hammer curl with 70 pound dumbbells. I can only deadlift(hybrid sumo) 405 for a set of 2 reps, but I am flat footed, so that hinders me and I have to wear custom insoles. So to put it simply, my numbers are:
incline db bench at 45 degree: 80 pound dumbbells
Standing dumbbell overhead press: 55 but upping to 60 soon hopefully
Dumbbell curls: 65
Hammer Curls: 70
Hybrid Sumo deadlifts: 405
I also have 17" arms and 13" forearms. Again, I need to loose fat, but I don't store a lot of fat in my arms at all.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nope not close to your natural limit.
I’m 189 and I bench 110lb DBs, standing Press 65, and deadlift somewhere around 405. I look at myself as being small, and weak. I train high school athletes that squat 515lbs, and power clean 140kg

Don’t worry about if you’re close to your limit. Just keep pushing.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope not close to your natural limit.
I’m 189 and I bench 110lb DBs, standing Press 65, and deadlift somewhere around 405. I look at myself as being small, and weak. I train high school athletes that squat 515lbs, and power clean 140kg

Don’t worry about if you’re close to your limit. Just keep pushing.
Dumbbell press flat, or incline? At flat I can press 105, but it bothers my shoulders, hence why I do incline.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is so difficult to answer. Depends so heavily on how your built, genetic predisposition towards strength vs endurance, etc. I don’t think anyone here can rightly say what somebody else’s natural limit really is.

Then again... if you reach your natural are you going to stop trying? I think the objective is always to get better, in some way. If you’re at a sticking point and feel like you need a break and wanna cut for a bit that’s fine and maybe you resume raising your lifts after a while of focusing on something else. Nothing wrong with that either.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dumbbell press flat, or incline? At flat I can press 105, but it bothers my shoulders, hence why I do incline.
Incline. Never settle bro, always keep trying even if you think you’re close to your limit. That’s the only way you get better