I'm confused with Tr1umph

Forumname05

Awards
I've done the research, but marketing wording seems to be throwing me off, what the hell is Tr1umph exactly??? A Pre? Intra?

I'm looking for lean gains (I know I know). My current stack is as follows -
PreJYM
Xtend
Torrent

Somehow I've actually had good results on 8 week cycles of C20 at 6 caps a day. I've tried both brands of ArA and neither did much for me. ABE was disappointing as well.

So, where would Tr1umph fall in exactly?
Would I take it with or in place of my pre? I'm willing to mix up/change my stack as well if there is newer and better out there. I also have very strict random testing at work for anabolics, please keep that in mind.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I'd take it preworkout but not in place of your pre.
It's not an anabolic. More of a daily all-in-one that covers your staples and adds some extra goodies like phosphiditic acid.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
As Woody said, Tr1umph is best taken before a workout, but not in place of your stimulant pre. On off days you can take it at any time, but its a great product to use for every day staples. The main ingredient in Tr1umph is PA, and there's a ton of threads and studies out about PA.

As far as additions to Tr1umph for lean gains, my go-to recommendations are Alphamax XT and ArA. But seeing that you didn't enjoy ArA, I would definitely check out Alphamax XT. It contains an very complete profile that can help boost free test while helping to control cortisol and estrogen. Alphamax also contains forskolin which can help improve body composition. All of the ingredients are natural so you won't have any issues with drug testing at all

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tr1umph does so many different things that it can be hard to categorize it. It was designed to be an all-in-one natural muscle builder that covers a diverse array of the best ergogenic (athletic performance) aids currently available. Many people were taking a lot of these separately and/or in various blended products. Olympus Labs put them ALL into one powerhouse of a supplement.

To answer your questions directly:
1. Think of Tr1umph the same way you think of creatine. It's a staple that works primarily through overall saturation of the included ingredients. You will reap its many benefits just by taking it on a regular basis. However, several of the ingredients do have acute effects, so it would be best to take it ~1 hour before you workout. On non-training days, take it whenever, but ideally around the same time you would dose it if you were working out.

2. You would not take it in place of your pre. While it will enhance overall energy, it does not contain stimulants. You would take it with your pre. Ideally, as mentioned, you'd dose Tr1umph 1 hour pre-workout, and then your pre 15-30 minutes pre-workout, (or whenever you like to take your pre), but taking them together would be just fine. I believe that's how 90% of people do it.

3. It will not affect your anabolic screening at work.

I'm sorry to hear ARA and ABE didn't do much for you. While some supplements can be hit-or-miss for individuals, the ergogenic power of Tr1umph is so well rounded I guarantee you'll see some very nice benefits by using it, especially if these ingredients are not staples for you already and especially if you haven't tried Phosphatidic Acid (PA) yet.

Now, if you'd like some more info on just what, exactly, Tr1umph is, feel free to read on...

olympus-labs-tr1umph-label.jpg

You've got your biggies, Creatine and Betaine, which are proven to enhance strength, endurance, and lean mass gains. They're particularly good to take together as they work synergistically, boosting the body's endogenous production of creatine.

You've got LCLT, which enhances bloodflow, endurance, and reduces markers of post-exercise metabolic stress and muscle trauma, leading to better recovery.

Next up is Stearoyl Vanillylamide, a TRPV1 agonist which enhances adrenaline secretion and intracellular calcium, which is critical for mTOR activation and thus...you guessed it, more muscular hypertrophy.

Then we have Rhodiola Rosea, an adaptogen which reduces stress and fatigue, but also, thanks to the extract Olympus uses, has a good Salidroside content. Salidroside has been shown to increase expression of mTOR, so now we're really laying some solid groundwork for muscle building.

And now we move on to the Maximum Energy, Endurance, Focus and Recovery Ignition complex:
-L Alanine assists in using blood sugar for energy, (better energy), and thanks to this may help with insulin sensitivity. It also works synergistically with Glutamine as we'll see below.
-L-Glutamine which is known to increase power output and inhibit muscle protein breakdown, improving recovery. The problem? Supplemental glutamine has historically been worthless as it is broken down in the stomach before it reaches the intestinal tract. HOWEVER, when combined with L-Alanine, its bio-availability is notably improved.
-ElevATP has been shown to increase ATP levels in healthy human subjects, leading to improved performance, strength and output.
-Alpha-GPC, a great choline source, can increase power output and enhance focus and mood.

Forumname05

Awards
How would Tr1umph stack with Prejym and Torrent considering it has Creatine as well? What about the rest of the ingredients?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How would Tr1umph stack with Prejym and Torrent considering it has Creatine as well? What about the rest of the ingredients?
Apologies, I forgot to address this. There are a few overlapping ingredients:

In Tr1umph you've got:
-Creatine HCL: 2.5g
-Betaine: 2.5g
-Alpha-GPC: 250mg

In prejym you've got:
-Creatine: 2g
-Betaine: 1.5g
-Alpha-GPC: 300mg

In Torrent you have:
Creatine blend: 3g

The only ingredient that would be excessive would be creatine if all 3 were combined. You'd be fine combining 2, though.

I would personally go with Pre-Jym and Tr1umph. With those two the only thing you'd really be missing from dropping torrent would be the carbs and Leucine, which are easily obtainable with any cheap carb source and whey. In other words, once you're done with your torrent, I'd switch to Pre-Jym/Tr1umph, and a post-workout shake with whey and your choice of carbs. You'll get better results and it should actually be cheaper in the long run.

But, that's just my opinion. I'm sure others will chime in with their thoughts.

Forumname05

Awards
Hmm, what about all the other ingredients in Torrent that I would be losing out on? Does Tr1umph cover all of that?

If I did drop Torrent, what carbs would you recommend? I do have some bulk Dextrose

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, what about all the other ingredients in Torrent that I would be losing out on? Does Tr1umph cover all of that?

If I did drop Torrent, what carbs would you recommend? I do have some bulk Dextrose
I've got you covered at the link below. I wrote an advanced user guide that details the when, how and what of dosing, stacking, results you can expect, etc. from the standpoint of someone who has studied these ingredients inside and out as well as used them for a number of years with varying protocols.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/280410-tr1umph-ultimate-gainz.html

Feel free to hit me up any time if you have any other questions man. Always happy to help.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
If feasible, take Tr1umph 2 hours pre-workout, then the other 3 products at the time you currently take them. If that is not feasible, take it at any other time of the day. Long term, the effects would be the same.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Torrent is going to give you:
-Carbs (Glucose, Waxy Maize, Maltodextrin) -- Easily replaceable for cheap
-Protein/Leucine -- Easily replaceable with Whey and/or a solid BCAA/EAA product
-Taurine -- Covered in prejym and your diet if you're eating meat
-Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate -- Covered in Tr1umph
-L-Phenylalanine -- Not really important for ergogenic aid. Mostly covered by whey.
-Citrulline Malate -- Not that useful post-workout, covered by prejym
-Creatine -- covered by prejym/tr1umph

As already demonstrated, choosing torrent over tr1umph would cause you to miss out on a ton of far more beneficial ergogens.

I'm not saying torrent isn't a good product, just that you'll get much better results with prejym/Tr1umph for the same or less money. The only things you'd really missing out on (carbs/protein/leucine) can be covered by a carb/whey shake post-workout.

As for carbs to replace those lost from torrent, Dextrose would be fine. I personally like HBCD. I'd go through your dextrose first then look into that.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely check out kboxer's write-up. Great, great info there.

Forumname05

Awards
Torrent is going to give you:
-Carbs (Glucose, Waxy Maize, Maltodextrin) -- Easily replaceable for cheap
-Protein/Leucine -- Easily replaceable with Whey and/or a solid BCAA/EAA product
-Taurine -- Covered in prejym and your diet if you're eating meat
-Glutamine Alpha-Ketoglutarate -- Covered in Tr1umph
-L-Phenylalanine -- Not really important for ergogenic aid. Mostly covered by whey.
-Citrulline Malate -- Not that useful post-workout, covered by prejym
-Creatine -- covered by prejym/tr1umph

As already demonstrated, choosing torrent over tr1umph would cause you to miss out on a ton of far more beneficial ergogens.

I'm not saying torrent isn't a good product, just that you'll get much better results with prejym/Tr1umph for the same or less money. The only things you'd really missing out on (carbs/protein/leucine) can be covered by a carb/whey shake post-workout.

As for carbs to replace those lost from torrent, Dextrose would be fine. I personally like HBCD. I'd go through your dextrose first then look into that.
THANKS for the very detailed post, this definitely helped!

It looks like this is what I'll do:
Tr1umph 1 hour pre
PreJYM 30-15 min pre
Xtend intra
ProJYM or PES Select with 30g Dextrose

Should I do more Dextrose than that?
What is HBCD exactly?

Anything else I should throw in for extra oomph? I usually cycle in C20, D-Pol, ArA, ABE or similar. Right now I'm just on my 'staples' of PreJYM, Xtend and Torrent.

Forumname05

Awards
Definitely check out kboxer's write-up. Great, great info there.
I have taken a look at it and it's very informative.

I don't what the following are exactly in the recomp stack in that thread

• EU
• DSU/SU
• CU
*Add in Ign1te as needed

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
THANKS for the very detailed post, this definitely helped!

It looks like this is what I'll do:
Tr1umph 1 hour pre
PreJYM 30-15 min pre
Xtend intra
ProJYM or PES Select with 30g Dextrose

Should I do more Dextrose than that?
What is HBCD exactly?
That is a very solid stack. The need for, and the amount of dextrose will depend on your stats and your goal(s). I would begin by stating that post-workout carbs are not strictly necessary, nor is the "insulin spike" that's so often touted as a requirement. As long as you're eating enough carbs throughout the day to keep your glycogen stores full, you'll be fine.

Coingestion of carbohydrate with protein does not further augment postexercise muscle protein synthesis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17609259

Carbohydrate does not augment exercise-induced protein accretion versus protein alone
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21131864

I recommended using a singular carb source simply as a replacement for those you got from Torrent, but it's not really necessary. However, if you do want to continue to use carbs post-workout, I'd shoot for ~.5g/kg of lean body mass. Depending on how big you are and your bf%, 30g may be plenty.

Me personally, when I'm not carb-cycling, I consume carbs both pre and post workout, but I prefer to actually "eat" my carbs, lol, so I'll have pancakes, cookies, fruit, whatever I'm in the mood for as long as it fits my macros.

I like Carb10 or highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD) as singular carb sources over dextrose because they are quick digesting but may offer a reduced insulin response. When I'm bulking again, I'll be using OL Endur3+ as my intra (20g carb10).

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anything else I should throw in for extra oomph? I usually cycle in C20, D-Pol, ArA, ABE or similar. Right now I'm just on my 'staples' of PreJYM, Xtend and Torrent.
I would give this current stack a shot first so you can see how much of a difference Tr1umph makes. It's so many products in one that you should get some pretty amazing results by adding it in alone. If, after that, you want to add something on top of it, I'd go with ArA and/or Test1fy.

ArA and Tr1umph stack very nicely together because the SoyL content of Tr1umph will act as an emulsifier and enhance the absorption of ArA. As far as a natty anabolic goes, I wouldn't use D-Pol, as recent data suggests DAA is not good for healthy men. It may, in fact, reduce testosterone levels after a few weeks of supplementation. Test1fy, on the other hand, is a very well-rounded test booster that should be perfect for a lean bulk by increasing strength, energy, aggression, libido, and even hunger. Check out GNO's solid writeup here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/277088-q-olympus-labs.html

Of course, ABE is a very solid product as well. Can't go wrong with either.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have taken a look at it and it's very informative.

I don't what the following are exactly in the recomp stack in that thread

• EU
• DSU/SU
• CU
*Add in Ign1te as needed
-Ep1c Unleashed -- Epicatechin product. Power, endurance, fat oxidation, vascularity, general health
-Dermastrength Unleashed / Str3ngth Unleashed -- Laxogenin product. Strength, Joint health, Nutrient Partitioning
-Conqu3r Unleashed -- Fully Dosed Elite Pre-Workout. Would be a great product to try after Prejym
-Ignit3 -- Multiple Pathway Fat Burner. Crazy Strong

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
-Ep1c Unleashed -- Epicatechin product. Power, endurance, fat oxidation, vascularity, general health
-Dermastrength Unleashed / Str3ngth Unleashed -- Laxogenin product. Strength, Joint health, Nutrient Partitioning
-Conqu3r Unleashed -- Fully Dosed Elite Pre-Workout. Would be a great product to try after Prejym
-Ignit3 -- Multiple Pathway Fat Burner. Crazy Strong
Outstanding summary right here!!

Forumname05

Awards
Thanks again for all of the awesome and informative replies.

What do you guys think about adding Alphamax XT in to the mix? I figured the Forskolin in Alphamax XT would help my goals. Alphamax XT vs X-Gels?

I may do the following:
Tr1umph 1 hour pre
PreJYM 30-15 min pre
X-Gels, 4 caps with my pre (is there better timing for this?)
Alphamax XT with my pre (if I decide to)
Xtend intra
ProJym/PES Select with 30g+- Dextrose

I also came across Rich Piana's 'real food' which seems interesting. But, I'd imagine complex carbs such as those wouldn't be best immediately post workout. I have also just crushed oats before to add to shakes, I'm wondering if that would be beneficial post.

Sorry for all of the questions and my post being all over the place

Zariph

Awards
dude dont get caught buyng too many supplements...not worth taking that much the same time...would go with Tr1iumph tho as a stable...a

Forumname05

Awards
dude dont get caught buyng too many supplements...not worth taking that much the same time...would go with Tr1iumph tho as a stable...a
I'm actually going to agree with you on this.
I just placed my order for Tr1umph and X-Gels and will stick with that. I already have the PreJYM, Xtend and some Dextrose.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually going to agree with you on this.
I just placed my order for Tr1umph and X-Gels and will stick with that. I already have the PreJYM, Xtend and some Dextrose.
Yeah, if taking Xtend + dextrose, Torrent becomes redundant.