I'm building a workout log app, what would you all like?

bodybuilding_dev

Awards
Hi everyone,

when I first got into working out they were 2 forums that their members were a massive help to me and their input means a lot to me, this place is one of them. So right now I'm working on building a workout log app and I want to know what do you all look for or want in a workout log app?

P.S. yes I created a new account for this even though posting under my normal username would probably be much more helpful lol. Just want to keep this separate from everything else lol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, the apps I have tried all had serious flaws...especially when it comes to intensity techniques.

There are never any ways to reliable and easily record drop sets, rest pause, etc. It can also be difficult at times to differentiate between warm ups and actual working sets.

I will think of more flaws as I work out over the next few weeks I am sure.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly, the apps I have tried all had serious flaws...especially when it comes to intensity techniques.

There are never any ways to reliable and easily record drop sets, rest pause, etc. It can also be difficult at times to differentiate between warm ups and actual working sets.

I will think of more flaws as I work out over the next few weeks I am sure.
Yeah I would echo this. He apps I’ve seen didnt offer the flexibility for different rep schemes, drop sets, etc. They’re usually more of a straight x sets x xreps and that’s it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RTS-Mike Tuchscherer's website has an awesome tracker that you should check out. Would be convenient to have a dedicated app similar to it.