Igf-1- should i keep it in the freezer?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's in the fridge now, but i dont plan to use it for at least 6 weeks. Would it be better kept in the fridge or the freezer until i use it?

I know some people keep their igf-1 in the freezer even when they're currently using it, is there any benifit to this?

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
yeah from what i have heard it is cool to keep it in the freezer because it wont freeze and you can just draw it and pin it.
Dick

th0m

Awards
I've heard freezer in unmixed state, fridge when mixed
i dont see why igf mixed with BW wont freeze..?

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
Its not mixed with BW, it is mixed with BA. Alcohol does not freeze.

th0m

Awards
BA? What's the advantage in mixing it with BA? What does BA stand for?

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
BA= Benzyl Alcohol is the solvent that comes in your vial of IGF. BA preserves the IGF as long as it is refrigerated.

Bac water is only used during injection as a diluent in the syringe.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Actually you can freeze just about any matter if you have something to get it to that correct temp but BA in a NORMAL freezer will not freeze

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
And becuase bact water kills igf faster than the ebola virus...That is why when i pin it i am going to be diluting it with ba and not bw.
dick

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I always keep mine in the freezer, right up to when I pin it. No problems at all. I also like that it's harder for guests to stumble across my vial when it's in the freezer than just sitting in the fridge.

einstein1905

Banned
Awards
And becuase bact water kills igf faster than the ebola virus...That is why when i pin it i am going to be diluting it with ba and not bw.
dick
water isn't "that bad" for IGF-1. It's just an ideal solvent. You really should dilute (in the pin) with something other than BA to dilute the overall BA% of the injection, as BA is caustic, and injecting BA concentrated can cause localized inflammation. having high concentrations of a souble protein in a region of localized inflammation can increase the potential for an immune response specific to the LR3.

BA works very well for reconstitution and preservation (due to hydrophobic/hydrophillic reasons as opposed to pH reasons, like HCl and acetic acid), but that doesn't mean water "harms" IGF-1. It just doesn't have the right properties to optimally attain/maintain IGF-1's structure in solution.

th0m

Awards
so this is what I'm going to do, I think:
I've soon got 20 vials of 100mcg lyophilized powder igf, which i'm gonna store in a freezer.
Going to use 50mcg ed.
I'll fill the vial up with 100IU BW from a slin needle, and draw 50IU which is 50mcg igf. Then I'll store that vial in a fridge, and then draw up the last 50IU the next day.

Last edited:

jediclampet

Awards
Does anyone know how long the mixed IGF from Muscle Research would be good in the freezer?

I just got some but, due to life complications, I'd like to save it until the first of the year so I can get the most out of the IGF if it will remain potent for 5-6 months.