Guest viewing is limited

iForce Isotean with FL3X

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
First of all, big thanks to the iForce crew and Vaughn for getting me some Isotean to review!

I was expecting a few samples and ended up with a 2lb tub! I chose to receive the Strawberries & Cream flavor.

First taste:

Invalid Link Removed

I mixed a flat scoop into 8oz of cold water and stirred for about ten seconds.

It mixed very well with no clumps or residue build up on the edge of the glass.
Normally I mix with my shaker cup but I wanted to see how well this isolate would mix by stirring.
It tasted pretty great! Exactly how I was expecting, although next time I think I'll use less water because it was a bit watered down with 8oz.

Thanks again iForce Nutrition and stay tuned everyone for more updates!
 
Following along!

Try about 6oz next time. I'm with you - I like my shakes less watered down.
 
In for more scrumptious updates!
 
Sorry, no picture this time :(
I mixed a scoop yesterday with only 6oz of water and it was even better, no watered down taste and still mixed great.

Today I mixed in my shaker with 8oz milk and it only took about 5 shakes to get it mixed.
Tasted like a strawberry smoothie!
 
Sorry, no picture this time :(
I mixed a scoop yesterday with only 6oz of water and it was even better, no watered down taste and still mixed great.

Today I mixed in my shaker with 8oz milk and it only took about 5 shakes to get it mixed.
Tasted like a strawberry smoothie!

Sweet man. Glad you liked!!
 
Sorry, no picture this time :(
I mixed a scoop yesterday with only 6oz of water and it was even better, no watered down taste and still mixed great.

Today I mixed in my shaker with 8oz milk and it only took about 5 shakes to get it mixed.
Tasted like a strawberry smoothie!

Awesome. Do you prefer it with water or milk?
 
Awesome. Do you prefer it with water or milk?

Dude, milk ftw! It is not bad at all with water, it tastes great, but when I want to feel like I'm cheating, Isotean and milk is like the magic key!
 
Dude, milk ftw! It is not bad at all with water, it tastes great, but when I want to feel like I'm cheating, Isotean and milk is like the magic key!

Ya, even when cutting, I still need my milk.
 
Well I had quite a weekend.
I went camping spur of the moment saturday evening. It was a two hour trip to meet a couple very good friends of mine who moved to the other end of the state, so the destination was pretty much in the middle for all of us.
I followed the GPS on my Nexus and it took me down some tiny dirt road and told me to turn into someone's driveway. NOT where I wanted to go!
I had to drive around for a good 15 minutes before finding the place after that. The trip was so spur of the moment that I forgot: a TENT, an air mattress, and more than one blanket.
I did NOT however forget a couple scoops of Isotean ;)
I drank one upon ar***** with a half a bottle of water and drank the other scoop in the morning for breakfast. Obviously not a complete breakfast but it held me over for a couple hours until I got to a restaurant. Gotta make sure you get that quick protein in the morning.
I had a few IPA's I've never tried before while camping too. I sat by the fire and thought of Vaughn while I drank them!
 
Oh... Off topic but I thought I should warn you all about Samsung phones and spontaneous combustion!
I plugged my Galaxy Nexus in Sunday to charge in my car. Checked on it maybe two minutes later to see if anyone called and found my phone smoking from the charge port. I unplugged it and noticed a small flame so instinctively I dropped it. Luckily I got it out in time but I did end up with a burnt phone and cracked screen.

Verizon was more than sympathetic yesterday and I got my replacement ASAP.
Still kinda worries me though. WTF!
 
Dude, milk ftw! It is not bad at all with water, it tastes great, but when I want to feel like I'm cheating, Isotean and milk is like the magic key!

Isotean is amazing mixed with milk! During my cut I substitute it with water which still has that amazing taste. Glad you are enjoying it so far OP.
 
Oh... Off topic but I thought I should warn you all about Samsung phones and spontaneous combustion!
I plugged my Galaxy Nexus in Sunday to charge in my car. Checked on it maybe two minutes later to see if anyone called and found my phone smoking from the charge port. I unplugged it and noticed a small flame so instinctively I dropped it. Luckily I got it out in time but I did end up with a burnt phone and cracked screen.

Verizon was more than sympathetic yesterday and I got my replacement ASAP.
Still kinda worries me though. WTF!


Im more shocked that verizon gave two sh*ts, because when my droid broke stopped working, they essentially told me to EFF off lol
 
Oh... Off topic but I thought I should warn you all about Samsung phones and spontaneous combustion!
I plugged my Galaxy Nexus in Sunday to charge in my car. Checked on it maybe two minutes later to see if anyone called and found my phone smoking from the charge port. I unplugged it and noticed a small flame so instinctively I dropped it. Luckily I got it out in time but I did end up with a burnt phone and cracked screen.

Verizon was more than sympathetic yesterday and I got my replacement ASAP.
Still kinda worries me though. WTF!

A flame... wut?
 
A flame... wut?

Yea.. pretty sure id freak lol. On a side note, i had to use my fire extinguisher on my grill last week for flames there were growing and wouldn't go out with the lid closed. That was a freakin BiATCH to clean lol. I didn't no a fire extinguisher just shot out a sh*t ton of powder lol.
 
Yea.. pretty sure id freak lol. On a side note, i had to use my fire extinguisher on my grill last week for flames there were growing and wouldn't go out with the lid closed. That was a freakin BiATCH to clean lol. I didn't no a fire extinguisher just shot out a sh*t ton of powder lol.

Holy coincidence - same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I've had my grill for 5 years and have never had an issue. 2 weeks ago it suddenly burst into flame and Allan had to put it out with the fire extinguisher. I am terrified to use the grill now. :(
 
Holy coincidence - same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I've had my grill for 5 years and have never had an issue. 2 weeks ago it suddenly burst into flame and Allan had to put it out with the fire extinguisher. I am terrified to use the grill now. :(

We're talking about phones.. not grills...
 
Yeah guys hello quit derailing my phone log!

On a side note, something very interesting happened with my shake the other day.

I dumped a scoop into 8oz ice cold water and then added this carb powder sample I had from Gaspari. Took a sip and it was very tangy.
Turns out it was mango flavored... kind of over powered the strawberry so I added another half scoop and it was pure bliss!
 
lol gotta love those wonderful tasting mix match ups.
so far flex whats your favorite mixing protocol? besides that mangostrawbizzle delight.
 
My favorite so far is 1.5 scoops with 12-16 oz whole milk. Just can't beat that creamy awesome flavor.
That's my favorite plain with no additives.

My favorite of all time is what I just did today though....

1.5 scoops Isotean, 2tbsp honey, a few shakes of cinnamon, and skim milk (only used skim because that's what the gf brought home!).
Try it out sometime.
 
sounds unreal.. I like my shakes in milk too but lately a lot of these new protiens out are just too thick if u know what im sayin.
I will be getting some of this on my next order and will try your new recipie as well!
 
sounds unreal.. I like my shakes in milk too but lately a lot of these new protiens out are just too thick if u know what im sayin.
I will be getting some of this on my next order and will try your new recipie as well!

You will not have that issue with thickness mixing this stuff.
Being mostly filtered and hydrolyzed it is pretty thin.
I noticed there is some maltodextrine on the ingredient list but there is only 3g of carbs per serving. That's nothing!
 
sounds unreal.. I like my shakes in milk too but lately a lot of these new protiens out are just too thick if u know what im sayin.
I will be getting some of this on my next order and will try your new recipie as well!

You'll love this, then, for sure. Much thinner! It's great for post workout when you don't want to feel like you're drinking a milkshake. Barf.
 
good, thats usually one of the main reasons I judge a quality protein. after the ingredients then its texture/ taste for me.
there is so many good tasting prots out there but so few worth buying ingredients wise.
 
good, thats usually one of the main reasons I judge a quality protein. after the ingredients then its texture/ taste for me.
there is so many good tasting prots out there but so few worth buying ingredients wise.

So freakin true!

Mike
 
Back
Top