If someone gave you free Ostarine, would you even use it?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sure. Didn’t oldwitch reference some stuff about it having positive effect on ligaments and stuff and enhance growth on cycle?

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, messed with my eyesight too much.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ostarine did?
It's one of the biggest side effects. Effects colors and your ability to transition from light to dark and dark to light rooms. Not enough positive effects for me to outweigh negatively impacted vision

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s like: I picked it up 2 years ago on the cheap. I literally can’t find a reason or situation to run it. It’d be great to run between blasts although not super noticeable, but it STILL trashes lipids and elevates liver enzymes to a degree in most, its **** on BP. And to top it all off, you don’t see much from it. I’d stack it, but not at the expense of my ldl/hdl.

Just want it out of my life.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
30mg plus for 6 weeks. Hell yeah Id take it

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
30mg plus for 6 weeks. Hell yeah Id take it
Talk to me. What kind of results to you see with this run?
Labs?
I can’t trust logs since half the stuff out there was faked prohormones or bunk.
Curious if I should just stack it with an oral soon. Just don’t want it adding to lipid and liver imbalance.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Talk to me. What kind of results to you see with this run?
Labs?
I can’t trust logs since half the stuff out there was faked prohormones or bunk.
Curious if I should just stack it with an oral soon. Just don’t want it adding to lipid and liver imbalance.
Well too be honest my most recent run included 30mg LGD, but I have used ostarine at 20-25mg in the past and always enjoyed my runs, especially enjoyed how it made my joints feel.

I didn't do labs for the current run, but I used Redbacksarms (powder form), I believe it was legit as I got really good results over the 8 weeks and only slight suppression symptoms by the end of it.

It helped me lean up and maintain weight/gain a little bit of size... i did get sick at the end though! I think for most people though it is better stacked with something.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow I didn’t know it trashed lipids. I’ve been taking some while waiting to start next cycle because my wife has extra. That sucks to here. Hadn’t really noticed anything other than placebo. But I’m done with that if it screws lipids. Not worth it

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does it have a high affinity for the androgen receptor? I would hate to have ostarine hog up all the receptors while much stronger AAS have no place to dock.

Last edited:
RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Of course I’ve heard that your body will produce new receptors in the presence of excessive androgens.

Answer: I’d throw it in on a cruise.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ostarine is not a musclebuilder worth mentioning, all sarms are about preserving muscle. I wouldn't use it during a cycle cause it wouldn't change much but I could see myself benefiting from keeping muscle.

I could for example see switching from say 8 weeks of npp to 6 weeks of ostarine and then jump in to pct just to kinda keep the muscle coming off.

The other option would be running it during pct at low dosage which is arguably not so good even though I remain sceptical wether some clomid and nolva wouldn't be able to recover anyways.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would throw it in if it’s free. I personal nelly don’t like it but can’t hurt.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would use it, stacked with something more powerful. Getting lean with joint help sounds great.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And Ostarine, my wife and I both had the same reaction to it.

Regardless, I think sarms are a waste of time and money

That's new, without knowing for a fact I'd say it's from something else, then again I don't know for sure.

Slapoyjoe

S4 can affect the sight. I’m old and like ostrarine, S4 and GW in a cut.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
S4 and ostarine are hyperrelated compared to other well known sarms. So it is not surprising that ostarine affects vision differently and at a much lower dose than s4.

That being said, yeah I’d throw in some free osta. It raises IGF 1 (which gear can do) and entirely prohibits muscle cell death (which gear does not do)

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Worst case scenario it’s like taking anavar, best case scenario it’s like taking anavar. It’s a win win. Sure your lipids tank and ALT skyrockets after a few weeks... that’s every oral.

I mean, unless it’s fake, then it’s probably just a mg or two of ATD. Which a high school kid would definitely notice but us guys... probably not.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Worst case scenario it’s like taking anavar, best case scenario it’s like taking anavar. It’s a win win. Sure your lipids tank and ALT skyrockets after a few weeks... that’s every oral.

I mean, unless it’s fake, then it’s probably just a mg or two of ATD. Which a high school kid would definitely notice but us guys... probably not.
And that’s why I ask the hypothetical.
I’m running Superdrol end of May.
I’m not stacking anything with Superdrol, and I’m not running anything until then since it’s going to be a nasty enough cycle. So I’m just going to sit on the Osta longer. No scenario ever seems to work with it and I don’t ever run it stand-alone because I like more drastic results. Might be better suited for my cut in 5 months.

Steeleydan

Awards
  • Established
Just curious.
Man i honestly dont know if i would, i do in fact have two brands that were free. I would say i would use it on a cruise to maintain gains, but honestly would rather be on true trt to get back to baseline quicker as opposed to an "assisted cruise" with ostarine added. I would not add to a stack as it would only add to sides and stress on my body ontop of what is already being ran.

Unless i am convinced otherwise by either giving it a try and it benefitting me or something changes my mind, i dont see it having value over any of our other options in any situation.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Save it to help heal an injury like I did. Definitely didn’t hurt my lipids or liver at 5mg for 5wks as you saw, those were night and day better than they were on my 13wk oral cycle.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Save it to help heal an injury like I did. Definitely didn’t hurt my lipids or liver at 5mg for 5wks as you saw, those were night and day better than they were on my 13wk oral cycle.
One could even say what little your liver enzymes were out of range, may have been still recovering from that oral cycle...

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And that’s why I ask the hypothetical.
I’m running Superdrol end of May.
I’m not stacking anything with Superdrol, and I’m not running anything until then since it’s going to be a nasty enough cycle. So I’m just going to sit on the Osta longer. No scenario ever seems to work with it and I don’t ever run it stand-alone because I like more drastic results. Might be better suited for my cut in 5 months.
I wouldn’t run it solo or in a bulk, but it wouldn’t hurt to add it to other compounds on a cut. I added it in a previous cut using S23, Rad 140 and a couple other compounds. The cut went good, but did the Osta do anything? I will never know since I was using so many things with it. The way I look at it is your lipids are going to be trashed on a cycle anyhow, so will adding in Osta really tank it that much further if lipids are already shot?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's one of the biggest side effects. Effects colors and your ability to transition from light to dark and dark to light rooms. Not enough positive effects for me to outweigh negatively impacted vision
This is experienced only by a small percentage of users of Ostarine compared to Sarm S4 in which it is much more likely to occur with. I guess you were one of the unfortunate few.

Last edited:
YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As some have already mentioned, I’d use it to heal an injury. I tapped out on ostarine after only three weeks of use because it was messing with my head, causing anxiety and such. But before the cycle started I was having a lot of lower back/tail bone pain and after only three weeks the pain was gone.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One could even say what little your liver enzymes were out of range, may have been still recovering from that oral cycle...
Those were actually normal for me, they hang around their even when I was still natty in 2010. This is why bloodwork is helpful - you need to understand norms and deviation more than straight values. My lipids were actually incredible for the cycle I had just completed.

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
I’m so curious all the bash on Ostarine... Ostarine treats me waaay better than LGD for instance.
My ldl/hdl and ALT barely changes at all up to 10 mg. My T levels also stays around normal, with small normal fluctuations.

Obviously this changes when I increase the dose but nothing mindblowing.
Overall I feel good on Osta.
Small injuries feels always better, recovery goes up. Of course, there isn’t any ”supergainz” from it.
It just feels like normal progression, just a bit faster and better.

LGD on the other hand. Definately better ’gainz’ but I litterally feel like crap on it. Lethargy from hell and the lipids goes bye-bye... and LGD gave my gyno symptoms, and I’m not prone to gyno...
And the recovery during PCT is really hard! Worse than on trest...

Cheeky Kunt

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Osta shut me down hard. Only oral I’ve ever used I experienced ED with and made my anxiety awful. All for subpar gains.

I’d never use again, wouldn’t even accept free osta. But everyone reacts to everything differently OP so give it a whirl if you haven’t before, maybe you’ll like it.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m so curious all the bash on Ostarine... Ostarine treats me waaay better than LGD for instance.
My ldl/hdl and ALT barely changes at all up to 10 mg. My T levels also stays around normal, with small normal fluctuations.

Obviously this changes when I increase the dose but nothing mindblowing.
Overall I feel good on Osta.
Small injuries feels always better, recovery goes up. Of course, there isn’t any ”supergainz” from it.
It just feels like normal progression, just a bit faster and better.

LGD on the other hand. Definately better ’gainz’ but I litterally feel like crap on it. Lethargy from hell and the lipids goes bye-bye... and LGD gave my gyno symptoms, and I’m not prone to gyno...
And the recovery during PCT is really hard! Worse than on trest...
Well of course osta won’t effect much of your levels at 10mg that’s basically like taking a scoop of orange juice... and LGD harder to recover from than trest? Lol i dunno the way you describe your experience with LGD I hardly doubt it was ligandrol dude

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s entirely my point.
The idea of Sarms was always too good to be true. Something with steroid-like effects without the damage or side effects, so you could run in between cycles and stay anabolic. But they appear to have the majority of the same sides, WITH the accompanying suppression.