Ideal diet for size while on cycle?

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
I'm 5'6" appx 175, 5 weeks into my first test cycle (600mg /week)

What should my macros look like?
Currently: 3000 cal
Protein: 289g
Carb: 254g
Far: 80g

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean that is such a individualistic question.

Are you gaining at an appropriate rate? Yes then it is fine, if no then it isn't ideal.

How has it been so far? How have you felt?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean that is such a individualistic question.

Are you gaining at an appropriate rate? Yes then it is fine, if no then it isn't ideal.

How has it been so far? How have you felt?
^this

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its like everyone says, very difficult to answer without knowing how your body responds to food. But to take a stab at it id keep calories around the same if i were you, but lower protein and up carbs. If your not growing add one day per week of 4000+ cals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just start shopping exclusively at the dollar store for groceries. Ramen, canned meats, chili, soups, stews, pastas, tuna, sardines. If it’s really primo, they’ll have a freezer with gas-station type burritos. Add a few energy drinks (make sure you get the cheap ones with extra sugar, like 2/$2) around training, and honeybuns intra for bigger sessions like squatting. Add in some honey bbq Fritos or bags of cheese puffs to fill the (definitely non-existent) caloric gaps, and you’re set.

*DISCLAIMER: you may need supplemental potassium, extra diuretics, blood pressure meds, statins, insulin, and a good can opener.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just start shopping exclusively at the dollar store for groceries. Ramen, canned meats, chili, soups, stews, pastas, tuna, sardines. If it’s really primo, they’ll have a freezer with gas-station type burritos. Add a few energy drinks (make sure you get the cheap ones with extra sugar, like 2/$2) around training, and honeybuns intra for bigger sessions like squatting. Add in some honey bbq Fritos or bags of cheese puffs to fill the (definitely non-existent) caloric gaps, and you’re set.

*DISCLAIMER: you may need supplemental potassium, extra diuretics, blood pressure meds, statins, insulin, and a good can opener.

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established

Wow such advice! My question was more geared towards macro ratios. I've heard oh you need to add tons of protein to take advantage of the extra protein synthesis , but then again I've heard more carbs are better too.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow such advice! My question was more geared towards macro ratios. I've heard oh you need to add tons of protein to take advantage of the extra protein synthesis , but then again I've heard more carbs are better too.
1g per lb of w is probably enough on the protein. You can go a little higher but I’d put the ceiling at 1.25g per lb. unless you’re cutting and need all that protein to battle hunger.

Fats... he research says .6g per kilo of body weight is sufficient to cover needs. You can go a bit higher but there’s no real benefit in terms of performance or whatever by eating extra fat- just don’t go too low.

Fill the rest of your cals in with carbs. There’s no real magical macro breakdown and it’s not really a direct percentage breakdown. The amounts of fat and protein correlate more with body weigh. Obviously, you’ll have to figure out how many cals you need to be in enough of a surplus to grow- that will dictate your carb intake.