Idea: Liquid Spironolactone

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wanted to repost this i n the peptide section, so hopefully an owner of an RC company can see it. It would make an EXCELLENT product that would sell very well.

Spironolactone is an anti-androgen that can be applied to the scalp and completely prevents any androgens attaching to the precious androgen receptors there.

Dr. Lee used to sell it on his minoxdil site, but it got shut down by the FDA. Hairlosstalk sells it as a gel, but it's really hard to use. With all the liquid research chemicals out there, it seems like it would be incredibly simple to get some bulk spironolactone, mix it will alcohol in a dropper and sell it.

If any research chem sites are interested, I could consult with you on a few other ingredients you could add that would inhibit hair loss as well.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just came across an interesting study on spironolactone and hair loss, so I thought I would mention it here.

Dermatol Clin
. 2010 Jul;28(3):611-8. doi: 10.1016/j.det.2010.03.011.
Innovative use of spironolactone as an antiandrogen in the treatment of female pattern hair loss

Abstract
Patterned hair loss in men and women, although medically benign, is a common, albeit unwelcome, event that may cause considerable anxiety and concern. Patterned hair loss is progressive and when untreated leads to baldness. The prevalence and severity of this physiologic process both increase with advancing age. Although androgens play a key role in the pathogenesis of male pattern hair loss (MPHL), the role of androgens in female pattern hair loss (FPHL) is less well established. Satisfactory treatment response to antiandrogen therapy supports the involvement of androgens in the pathogenesis of FPHL. Spironolactone has been used for 30 years as a potassium-sparing diuretic. Spironolactone is a synthetic steroid structurally related to aldosterone. Since the serendipitous discovery 20 years ago that spironolactone given to a woman for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and associated hypertension also improved hirsutism, it has been used as a primary medical treatment for hirsutism. Spironolactone both reduces adrenal androgen production and exerts competitive blockade on androgen receptors in target tissues. Spironolactone has been used off-label in FPHL for over 20 years. It has been shown to arrest hair loss progression with a long-term safety profile. A significant percentage of women also achieve partial hair regrowth. Spironolactone is not used in male androgenetic alopecia because of the risk of feminization.

The risk of feminization with spironolactone when applied topically instead of taken systematically.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know you were talking about startign your own company, but have you asked any of the current board sponsors if they would bring something like this to fruition? Im pretty sure most of the sponsors will return your emails.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s gotta be a better media than alcohol if you are rubbing it on your head and scalp I would think. You won’t lose your hair but it will be dry like hay and your scalp will be dandruff central. Not to mention accidentally getting it in your eyes

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Taking my recommendation into consideration 😉

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taking my recommendation into consideration 😉
My dude! Is that an up to date pic of you in your avi? Shredded as always man. Have you gotten any successful cycles under your belt? Last I remember you were going back and forth on one you were running

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My dude! Is that an up to date pic of you in your avi? Shredded as always man. Have you gotten any successful cycles under your belt? Last I remember you were going back and forth on one you were running
thanks man and yes it’s recent. You can follow my Ursa Major log for all recent photos. After I’m done I may possibly do a unique cycle. I’ll pm you

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@trumac i tried mdiaz for maybe 1.5 weeks but had a very bad reaction to it so never went through

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know you were talking about startign your own company, but have you asked any of the current board sponsors if they would bring something like this to fruition? Im pretty sure most of the sponsors will return your emails.
The thing is, I want to sell more than just spironolactone. I also want to sell a Nizoral and Salicylic acid shampoo, topical finasteride, and other products that can help with hair loss. They're all an idea I would like to use all these products on my self as well. But I'm getting their. I'm getting some sources from some of the very nice RC reps on the forum and looking to buy some small samples to run various tests on.
There’s gotta be a better media than alcohol if you are rubbing it on your head and scalp I would think. You won’t lose your hair but it will be dry like hay and your scalp will be dandruff central. Not to mention accidentally getting it in your eyes
That's why I was thinking of mixing it with oil or an alcohol and oil mixture. Perhaps make it into some kind of topical hair styling gel. I also wanted to add a small amount of cologne or some fragrance in to mask the odor.

Btw, I'm looking for investors if anyone is interested! :)

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the idea of some kind of liposomal carrier for your Spironolactone

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like the idea of some kind of liposomal carrier for your Spironolactone
I would like to see that too, but that's a little bit hard to accomplish and stay in budget. I could mix it with some type of oil/alcohol blend, and then add some penetrating agents like Laurocapram or a blend of the following (probably not the DMSO)

40% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (99%) OR EHTANOL(C1-C4 ALCOHOL)
15% ISOPROPYL MIRISTRATE
15% ISOPROPYL PALMITATE
10% OLEIC ACID
10% PROPYLENE GLYCOL
10% DMSO (99%)