Iconic Formulations - Ultra Hard - Beau's Review

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
First, let me start by expressing my thanks to @delsolrob and Iconic Formulations for generously providing me the opportunity to log Ultra Hard.

Background: I am one of the older contingent on this forum, having three kids ranging from 35 to 28. My workouts have been very limited lately, as a result of absurd work demands and my gym being closed, and have consisted mostly of cardio (and sometimes I have found that I have talked about the need to work out - more than I have actually worked out). Corporate America is, at least right now, putting on the full court press as companies try to deal with the declining revenues associated with the shuttering of many businesses. I thought working from home would lessen that; it has done the opposite.

I am about 5’9”, and weigh about 180. Use have used a prescribed compounded TNE product for about 4 years. Overall, I usually feel pretty darned good, all things considered. On the other hand, for the past 6 weeks or so, I have a few things weighing heavily on my mind and have been feeling a bit “off”. My sleep habits, generally good, have not been good lately – and I have been having interrupted sleep, especially over the past month or so. All of this is just to provide a baseline.

Over the years, I have used a lot of different PH and DS. I am old enough to very fondly remember the days when you could buy just about anything from NutraPlanet and 1Fast400. Unfortunately, our Government successfully solved a problem that never actually existed and banned most of those terrific products (candidly, of the many issues to be dealt with, PH and DS never belonged on the list). I have rather extensive experience with transdermal products, and have used both prescribed compounded products, non-prescribed commercial products, RC products (not on me, of course), gray market products and self-compounded products (anyone else remember Phlojel Ultra?). I’ve not ever pinned.

DHT Based Products: Ultra Hard contains both Epiandro and Androsterone:

• Epiandro is a derivative of DHEA, and is a precursor to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
  • Androsterone is a metabolite of test that also converts to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
Although many mistakenly try to avoid DHT products (or those that convert to DHT) out of concerns for hair loss or BPH, I see DHT products as blessing. DHT products helps increase strength and muscle hardness and can visibly increases vascularity. As with many other products, it can also help with fat loss and can help offset estrogen-related issues.

Increased levels of DHT can also have a favorable impact on libido/sex drive, and a better sense of well-being.

At my age and with my recent transitory sleep and mood issues, any favorable impact on libido and mood will be welcomed (and hoped for).

I received my bottle of Ultra Hard on 9/4/2020. I usually apply the TNE cream in the AM, usually post-shower and usually after applying a a DMSO roll on (70% DMSO). Yesterday, however, I had calls in the AM that prevented me from following my usual routine.

I used Ultra Hard for the first time yesterday, in the late afternoon, at the same time I applied the TNE. I applied 4 pumps but intend on using three pumps daily. I applied Ultra Hard to my pecks, insiders of my arms and rib cage. I applied the TNE cream to my clavicles and shoulder areas. I will target morning use, but may have a few deviations as I proudly serve my corporate masters.

First Impressions: Ultra Hard retains the same packaging look and feel of other Iconic Formulations products (like Sustain Alpha). The product itself it opaque and carried a slight alcohol-based scent. Unlike many other TD products, Ultra Hard is devoid of any additional scent (not that I object to the scent of those other products, it simply makes it less obvious that Ultra Hard has been applied). The consistency of the product is good, and it dries quickly without any type of oily residue. I would compare the consistency to something like a commercial aloe-vera gel product. I noticed earlier today, when out in the sun, that my inner arms had a sort of residual sparkle, maybe something like a very fine grade glitter.

Initial Reaction: Within a few hours and the initial application, I had reason to conclude that Ultra Hard had no adverse impact on libido. I am writing this as of Saturday morning (the 2nd day) and just applied 3 additional pumps, although it is too soon to comment.

On a side note, and I am certain it is unrelated to Ultra Hard, I had another really lousy night’s sleep last night, despite using a compliment of amino acids and minerals that are usually effective in a restful night’s sleep.

More to follow.

My primary emphasis during this log will be to assess the impact(s) on:

Vascularity
Leaning out
Improved Physical Appearance
Increased libido
Improvement in well-being and energy

Last edited:
Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK - this may be placebo, but "I think" a feel a lot better today (mood-wise) despite being so darned tired. So, I really don't care if I just "think" I feel better, or if I "really" feel better - because either way (by definition) I feel better.

I did 20 minutes of cardio today (indoors, because it was a lovely 112 degrees outside in So Cal). I perspired like the proverbial prostitute in church, and then went outside and brushed the pool, at which point I really perspired. Not sure if either compound is known for increased perspiration, or the fact that it is just hotter than blue blazes in So Cal.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK - this may be placebo, but "I think" a feel a lot better today (mood-wise) despite being so darned tired. So, I really don't care if I just "think" I feel better, or if I "really" feel better - because either way (by definition) I feel better.

I did 20 minutes of cardio today (indoors, because it was a lovely 112 degrees outside in So Cal). I perspired like the proverbial prostitute in church, and then went outside and brushed the pool, at which point I really perspired. Not sure if either compound is known for increased perspiration, or the fact that it is just hotter than blue blazes in So Cal.
That’s a good start.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I will provide a more relevant update later, but last night's sleep provided welcome relief. Pre-bed, I used 8 grams citrulline late, 4 grams glycine 4 grams Arginine silicate.

Today, even though it is still very hot in So Call (100+), I feel a certain sense of peace. Is this necessarily related to two days of Ultra Hard? I can't say - but so far so good - and I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i don't know if it's the norm but i sweat more when using andro's.

good start @Beau glad you got the chance to log this!!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Let me add that libido has been favorably impacted, also. I honestly do not know if it even possible for the Ultra Hard to have kicked in as quickly as this, although there is certainly something definite thing going on. Theater of the mind? Sleep? Ultra Hard? Sleep + Ultra Hard? Whatever the combination, it is welcomed.

Again, after having been me for a long time, I know that something seems better. And better is good.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lets me add that libido has been favorably impacted, also. I honestly do not know if it even possible for the Ultra Hard to have kicked in as quickly as this, although there is certainly something definite thing going on. Theater of the mind? Sleep? Ultra Hard? Sleep + Ultra Hard? Whatever the combination, it is welcomed.

Again, after having been me for a long time, I know that something seems better. And better is good.
glad to hear that, my friend!!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Brief update - a few additional details - today I switched application sites and put the Ultra Hard on my clavicle area, and the TNE cream on ribs, inner arms and shoulders. Ultra Hard absorbed quickly. I have a very "settled" feeling (how is that for bro-science?). Earlier in the day I did 20 minutes on recumbent bike (indoors, it hit 107 today), followed by about 10 minutes of pool brushing. As with yesterday, the level of perspiration was pretty impressive - but then again it was hotter than heck. Did I perspire more than I would have otherwise? Probably.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I was definitely sweating more today.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was definitely sweating more today.
Funny you guys say that. When I walked in the office it was 74 and I had to move the thermostat down. after lunch it's too cold and had to turn it back up to 74. Note: This morning was my first dose of Andro Hard.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Funny you guys say that. When I walked in the office it was 74 and I had to move the thermostat down. after lunch it's too cold and had to turn it back up to 74. Note: This morning was my first dose of Andro Hard.
things are about to heat up-pun intended.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't say if it is the result of improved sleep (with two nights of great sleep being followed by one night of not great (but better than it had been) sleep, or the Ultra Hard, but morning towel racks seem to be more frequent occurrences.

And, did I mention sweating like a pig?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The thermo effect of androsterone is no joke!

if you haven't read this already, this is an old article from Eric on Androsterone:

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't say if it is the result of improved sleep (with two nights of great sleep being followed by one night of not great (but better than it had been) sleep, or the Ultra Hard, but morning towel racks seem to be more frequent occurrences.

And, did I mention sweating like a pig?
These are the effects I love from a product like this.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The thermo effect of androsterone is no joke!

if you haven't read this already, this is an old article from Eric on Androsterone:
Thanks for sharing!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Update: Today I applied three pumps of the product, one to each shoulder and one split between each side of my ribs. (together with TNE on clavicles). Prior to applying the product, I rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes and then took a hot shower. I did not pre-treat the area with DMSO today.

I feel better. I do.

Sleep is somewhat improved, but I still wake up thinking about everything going on at work. [BORING ALERT] - I run a fairly large corporate department, including having directors and managers located throughout the US and England. Although I take what I do very seriously, but this is a bit much. I have to think that some of this results from the whole working from home deal, where you really "never get away". Usually, when you leave work, you have a point of demarcation. Noe when I leave work, I walk a few feet away from my PC. Its an odd dynamic.

I am sweating just about everywhere (usually I just sweat under my pecks to the tops of my (so-called) abs). Not anymore. Any area that has a sweat gland is active. Also, I take citrulline malate, arginine (I know, I know), Vit K2, and pine bark extract every day - and usually have some noticeable degree of vascularity in my arms -- but today especially my arms seem much more veined.

Also, I usually take ALCAR, tyrosine, ALA and cocoa powder in the AM. In another thread, someone mentioned Bomb Proof Coffee (I have done a sort of bullet proof coffee for some time, but not recently). This Bomb Proof recipe includes, 2 Gr tyrosine, 3.5 Gr creatine, and I've modified the recipe to increase the amount of cocoa powder to 1 tbls and the amount of coconut oil to 1 tbls. It gives a nice morning lift. I will have to find another time to take ALCAR and ALA, maybe first thing upon waking, prior to coffee.

Libido continues to be increased. In that regard, I feel several years younger.

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This seems to be covering all areas for you.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lucky I never had to work from home. We have Gov't contracts. When I leave work that is it. Everyone knows it better be damn important if you are going to call me on my cell. unless it's one of my sales guys, they have open range.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Beau

you doing ok?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Beau

you doing ok?
Sorry for not updating sooner.

Work has been a problem. I had to "facilitate" the termination of an individual's employment after that individual concluded that his opinion was of greater importance than that of his Manager, who is one of my direct reports. He actually was both passive/aggressive and directly confrontational via some sort of odd guerilla warfare like tactics. He wrote a couple of emails that did not work in his favor, and made disparaging comments about his Manager and assigned negative motives to his Manger's actions. He was also completely insubordinate. I decided years ago that I would not be beholding to or coddle poor behavior. So, that person is no longer employed, and I restructured one of my departments, using this as an opportunity to promote a very talented younger staff member with a great attitude. Deciding that had he eliminated himself from having the opportunity for continued employment was an easy decision, even though I certainly do not enjoy doing so. What was even less was navigating the waters of Human Resources.

I also caught a cold, and I have been ridding my lungs of stuff that doesn't belong there. Because work stress had been high, I decided that I should be mindful of my BP. and started checking it. Well, I am glad I did, since my BP has averaged 150/85 for three days and that is way the heck too high. I don't know if Ultra Hard may have any negative impact on BP (I have no reason to think so, unlike an increased stress level that I know does). I have purchased a new vasodilator with some novel compounds (it has has not yet arrived), and have upped my intake of taurine, citrulline malate, magnesium, arginine, pine bark extract, green tea extract and grape seed extract, as well as taking aspirin. In short, since heart issues run in my family, I am not the least bit amused with my BP, and am responsible change it. I am changing diet, doing more cardio, supplementing and - if need be- will go and see my MD about lisinopril. I have been down this path a few years ago. OK - so much for the update on stress levels and work issues.

I have continued my morning, after shower, application of TNE and Ultra Hard. On my more creative mornings I have tried alternative application sites; one day slathering Ultra Hard on Jim and the twins, and on another day applying it to my neck area after shaving my face (like an after shave). I cannot say the extent to which that changed anything, but neither my bag or my neck were any worse for it, and neither looked any different (not that I spend any time dwelling on the appearance of my bag or neck).

I will say that when I pre-treat my chest or rib area with DMSO, and then follow with Ultra Hard, there "seems" to be more of an "alpha" feeling. If I was reading this, I would probably roll my eyes and make a comment about it being bro-science, but that is what I have to report.

I look leaner, and clearly have more definition in my chest and arms.

Oh, and I did I mention that I am sweating like I never have before?

Morning wood and libido both seem to be hitting a positive stride, even though I feel less that optimal. But, I am delighted with both the wood and the libido.

All in all, I continue to be very happy with Ultra Hard. Next time I update, I will try to have more positive things to say in general, with less bitching and moaning.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you decide to go pharmaceutical path i applaud your decision of lisinipril, i don't have bp issues but if a family member or friend asked for recommendation lisinopril would be the one...hope you feel better soon.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry for not updating sooner.

Work has been a problem. I had to "facilitate" the termination of an individual's employment after that individual concluded that his opinion was of greater importance than that of his Manager, who is one of my direct reports. He actually was both passive/aggressive and directly confrontational via some sort of odd guerilla warfare like tactics. He wrote a couple of emails that did not work in his favor, and made disparaging comments about his Manager and assigned negative motives to his Manger's actions. He was also completely insubordinate. I decided years ago that I would not be beholding to or coddle poor behavior. So, that person is no longer employed, and I restructured one of my departments, using this as an opportunity to promote a very talented younger staff member with a great attitude. Deciding that had he eliminated himself from having the opportunity for continued employment was an easy decision, even though I certainly do not enjoy doing so. What was even less was navigating the waters of Human Resources.

I also caught a cold, and I have been ridding my lungs of stuff that doesn't belong there. Because work stress had been high, I decided that I should be mindful of my BP. and started checking it. Well, I am glad I did, since my BP has averaged 150/85 for three days and that is way the heck too high. I don't know if Ultra Hard may any negative impact on BP (I have no reason to think so, unlike an increased stress level that I know does). I have purchased a new vasodilator with some novel compounds (it has has not yer arrived), and have upped my intake of taurine, citrulline malate, magnesium, arginine, pine bark extract, green tea extract and grape seed extract, as well as taking aspirin. In short, since heart issues run in my family, I am not the least bit amused with my BP, and am responsible change it. I am changing diet, doing more cardio, supplementing and - if need be- will go and see my MD about lisinopril. I have been down this path a few years ago. OK - so much for the update on stress levels and work issues.

I have continued my morning, after shower, application of TNE and Ultra Hard. On my more creative mornings I have tried alternative application sites; one day slathering Ultra Hard on Jim and the twins, and on another day applying it to my neck area after shaving my face (like an after shave). I cannot say the extent to which that changed anything, but neither my bag or my neck were any worse for it, and neither looked any different (not that I spend any time dwelling on the appearance of my bag or neck).

I will say that when I pre-treat my chest or rib area with DMSO, and then follow with Ultra Hard, there "seems" to be more of an "alpha" feeling. If I was reading this, I would probably roll my eyes and make a comment about it being bro-science, but that is what I have to report.

I look leaner, and clearly have more definition in my chest and arms.

Oh, and I did I mention that I am sweating like I never have before?

Morning wood and libido both seem to be hitting a positive stride, even though I feel less that optimal. But, I am delighted with both the wood and the libido.

All in all, I continue to be very happy with Ultra Hard. Next time I update, I will try to have more positive things to say in general, with less bitching and moaning.
I have dealt with these kinds of people my career. It always amazes me when they are surprised with the outcome.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did 30 minutes of very intensive cardio this morning, then worked on my recently-deceased Mom's estate and then worked on her Mercedes getting ready to sell it (those Mercedes engineers really make thing overly difficult). Needless to say, I was drenched, and then took a hot shower and applied both TNE and Ultra Hard (regular application sites, not nut sack). No DMSO today.

I was amazed at the resulting vascularity. Libido was noticeably "up". Morning wood reminds me of my younger days. I can carry my wet towel back from the shower without using my hands (OK, maybe not).

BP still sucks, but it is starting to suck less. I have added a vasodilator, the Linus Pauling protocol, and resumed taking a bunch of glutathione precursors (because I understand that supplementing directly with glutathione is expensive and ineffective). I will continue to up the cardio.

I have not weighed myself in the last week. But, I have been mindful of portion size and have been, except for supplements and bomb proof coffee, eating a Keto/intermittent fasting diet. So, it should be improving. I will find out tomorrow. If it is good, I will add it to this thread. It is not good, I won't (at least that is better that lying).

I like Ultra Hard. I like it a lot. With all the other monkey business going on, I look forward to using it.

More to follow.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm upset that I almost scrolled a whole page before you used the phrase "nut sack".

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll try to do better. But, graveling for style points, lets please not overlook the rightful reference to Jim and the twins, and at least comment using the crowd-favorite term "bag".
jim and the twins beats tiny tim-eh?

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
Seems like an amazing compound, awfully Im one of those concerned his hair so have to avoid anything that turn into DHT.

Actually now Im taking topical finasteride so it shouldnt turn into dht into the scalp however I wonder if conversion into DHT in other districts could lead to more DHT (already made) to reach my head.

Anyone has an opinion about it?

Recomping and leaning out would be a blessing right now.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whatever issues I have, hair loss is not one of them - and that is perfect because love DHT products. I sort of lucked out in the hair department, but I can't take any credit for that.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Reminds me of an old joke:

What is better than roses on your piano?

Two lips on your organ.

Thank you - please generously tip your food server
Damn that’s an old one

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Reminds me of an old joke:

What is better than roses on your piano?

Two lips on your organ.

Thank you - please generously tip your food server
Damn that’s an old one

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Late , but that doesn’t matter. A party is still a party and I’m here. See , I’m talking kinda in your style @Beau

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seems like an amazing compound, awfully Im one of those concerned his hair so have to avoid anything that turn into DHT.

Actually now Im taking topical finasteride so it shouldnt turn into dht into the scalp however I wonder if conversion into DHT in other districts could lead to more DHT (already made) to reach my head.

Anyone has an opinion about it?

Recomping and leaning out would be a blessing right now.
In profile write ups, it is listed as a side effect,but you never see anyone really report hair loss on epiandro or androsterone. Well , I haven’t seen to many reports, but I have zero experience. I’m not prone to hair loss naturally but I’m not sure how dht products would effect me so I’m still weary like you. @Rad83 i asked him personally and he said he may have noticed an increase in shedding on epiandro/androsterone , but less on 1-andro.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just gettin out da gym, 11pm east coast time...Nice Monday night workout, right amount of crowd...

...Yeah, saw a little increased shedding on epiandro not as much on 1 andro....Overall nothing major but the thing is, I think it adds up, from cycle to cycle.

The muscle is temporary-ish, the hairloss is permanent

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just gettin out da gym, 11pm east coast time...Nice Monday night workout, right amount of crowd...

...Yeah, saw a little increased shedding on epiandro not as much on 1 andro....Overall nothing major but the thing is, I think it adds up, from cycle to cycle.

The muscle is temporary-ish, the hairloss is permanent
oh, I thought you meant less on 1ad .

was the cosmetic/gain look on epi temporary? That’s more mild. I hate anything temporary , lol. That messes with my head

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
oh, I thought you meant less on 1ad .

was the cosmetic/gain look on epi temporary? That’s more mild. I hate anything temporary , lol. That messes with my head
Nah you had it right...Less shedding on 1 andro.

Whether one runs gear or not,...If they stop training, it goes away...Although ‘muscle memory’ is real and certainly helps and makes this whole lifestyle worth it.

My gym closed down damn near 4 months and then I took another couple weeks off on top of that...I lost a lot of strength and quite a bit of size, that’s all just starting to come back now...

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have been continuing to use 3 pumps of Ultra Hard every day, along with the TNE. I continue to feel good and much more vascular.

As a result of the BP issues, I have been more disciplined about cardio and my diet. I am down about 1.8 lbs in the last week. I know that is nothing to write home about, but I will accept whatever results we get.

The consistency and dry time of the gel is excellent.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I continue the same protocol as I have since the beginning of this log. I have added a few additional supplements intended to reduce cortisol an deal with BP, and I have seen some success. My weight continues to drop slowly, I am down another 1.5 lbs.

All of the benefits from Ultra Hard are still evident. Increased vasularity, leaning out and more striations (I'll take all that I can get). Libido has leveled out, but my wife had surgery and I have had other things to deal with.

So far, I continue to be am impressed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I continue the same protocol as I have since the beginning of this log. I have added a few additional supplements intended to reduce cortisol an deal with BP, and I have seen some success. My weight continues to drop slowly, I am down another 1.5 lbs.

All of the benefits from Ultra Hard are still evident. Increased vasularity, leaning out and more striations (I'll take all that I can get). Libido has leveled out, but my wife had surgery and I have had other things to deal with.

So far, I continue to be am impressed.
wishing your wife a speedy recovery!!!!