Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hello everyone, the folks over at Iconic formulations have sent me a bottle of each.
IMG_20220228_220405986.jpg

I have just began a 12ish week cut and I needed to loose a total of 28.6lbs to make a weight class in June. I got covid early January and just kinda fell off the diet wagon. I have already cleaned up the meals a little and dropped a few lbs and now that my diet is back on track I will be introducing ThermoAmp on Thursday this week. Before I add that I'm going to test out the Neuro Melatonin tonight and tomorrow and continue that as well.

I obviously don't look like I do in my avatar picture at the moment as that was around 183lbs and I'm somewhere between 200-202 at the moment, but Thursday when I start I will weigh in and have someone snap a couple starting pictures.

So with the addition of ThermoAmp I will be aiming to drop approximately 10-12 lbs minium over the next 30 days, that will put me at a comfortable weight to maintain leading closer to my end date.

Currently my weight lifting is playing second fiddle to boxing. I'm alternating a full body pull and a full body push for 4 workouts per week and I'm boxing 4-5 days a week. Jumping rope, heavy bag work, drills, mits, and sparing. I also occasionally do some grappling with the jiu jitsu guys. My ankle doesn't allow me to do much running so those are how I get my cardio in. I also occasionally will do some cardio on a random piece of cardio equipment.

Maintenance of strength is pretty important too

I have not maxed out in a while but my last heavy lifts were

Flat bench 320x2
Deadlift 405x3
Shoulder pin press 255x5
Box squat 385x5

@thebigt , @cheftepesh1 , @delsolrob

I posted a link for this in one of my threads And after work today il make a big tag list and send everyone over here to the log.

PS, I tend to ramble on and mention every detail so if you would like me to use some shorthand when I post just say so lol, I won't be offended

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
as far as i am concerned i hope you keep on ramblin on i find your ramblings very entertaining.

btw-jumping rope is fantastic cardio, there is a reason you always see boxers jumping rope.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
as far as i am concerned i hope you keep on ramblin on i find your ramblings very entertaining.

btw-jumping rope is fantastic cardio, there is a reason you always see boxers jumping rope.
If it wasn't for my bad ankle I would do a lot more of it, I'm doing a pretty good job at building up the pain tolerance in my bad ankle / foot. But I get a lot of swelling and stiffness the following day if I overdo it. I've mentioned it before but about 7ish years ago I jumped off a roof and the plan was to make it into a pool but I came up a little short and landed barefoot on the concrete lol. I'm blaming it on improper pool placement

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Imagine an inground pool where the edge of the concrete meets the lip of the pool, my toes were overhanging the lip so my heels landed straight on the concrete. Broke my left calcaneus into three pieces broke a small bone in the right foot did some damage to my achilles tendon. You know, all the fun stuff

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it wasn't for my bad ankle I would do a lot more of it, I'm doing a pretty good job at building up the pain tolerance in my bad ankle / foot. But I get a lot of swelling and stiffness the following day if I overdo it. I've mentioned it before but about 7ish years ago I jumped off a roof and the plan was to make it into a pool but I came up a little short and landed barefoot on the concrete lol. I'm blaming it on improper pool placement
Sounds like the concrete was misplaced, not the pool. 🤷‍♂️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Imagine an inground pool where the edge of the concrete meets the lip of the pool, my toes were overhanging the lip so my heels landed straight on the concrete. Broke my left calcaneus into three pieces broke a small bone in the right foot did some damage to my achilles tendon. You know, all the fun stuff
ouch!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Along to make sure you get it in gear and pursue your goals like they matter to you. Every day you get to make decisions that either support those goals, or don’t. It all matters!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know what would make your ankles wince? This song!!!

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In and very interested to see how this goes as I've been considering doing a pre-summer cut sometime in the next 1 or 2 months.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In on this….
good cut, with improved sleep = win win

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
12lb in 30 days? My man.
I'm sure half of it will be water weight. I'm getting a little bit of band marks around my ankles from my socks, that usually tells me I'm a little bloated or "holding water" which really means I'm just a little fat and have been eating crappy. I hate how ppl try to pretend there not fat by saying there holding water lol. So I'm gonna be honest with myself. The water weight is from a crappy diet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure half of it will be water weight. I'm getting a little bit of band marks around my ankles from my socks, that usually tells me I'm a little bloated or "holding water" which really means I'm just a little fat and have been eating crappy. I hate how ppl try to pretend there not fat by saying there holding water lol. So I'm gonna be honest with myself. The water weight is from a crappy diet.
with your work ethic and dietary knowledge along with help from thermoamp i will be truly surprised if you don't reach goal of 12lbs in 30 days....especially since you have put on the excess weight very recently.

at any rate this is going to be a very interesting journey!!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If anyone is interested, this is what my workout looks like today. Had to do my push workout and boxing back to back, so when I have days like this I opt more for machines and DB work and higher reps.

Machine shoulder press- 150's x12x3
Machine leg press- 325x12x3
Incline DB press- 75's x15x3
Leg ext- 70x15x3
V handle pressdowns-95x15x2
Side db raise- 30's x15x2
Db krushers- 35's x15x2
Ez krushers/CGB superset- 60x15/15x,3

20min break

Jump rope 2min on 1min off- 5 rounds
Heavy bag 3min on 1min off- 3 rounds
Footwork drills with bw half squats (imagine half squating but your shifting back and forth off each foot as you squat going under a rope)
2 rounds and 200 reps
Heavy bag 2 more rounds
Jump rope 2 more rounds

Takes about 2.5 hours start to finish. I use eaa's and dextrose powder intra workout

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
with your work ethic and dietary knowledge along with help from thermoamp i will be truly surprised if you don't reach goal of 12lbs in 30 days....especially since you have put on the excess weight very recently.

at any rate this is going to be a very interesting journey!!!!
That's another thing, I put the weight on relatively quickly relatively recently so it's going to come off quick. I won't be surprised if I lose more than 12 lb

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And if anyone has wondered why I don't get morbidly obese eating between 3,500 and 4,000 calories a day 👆👆👆 thsts why lol.

Calories are going to be set down to 3000ish till the scale stops moving.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So tonight I will try the Neuro Melatonin product, @thebigt suggested I start with 1/2ml so that what I will do

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So tonight I will try the Neuro Melatonin product, @thebigt suggested I start with 1/2ml so that what I will do
(y)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Love to see loggers that give so much details about everything in their lives. It brings some reality to the log. Can’t wait to see the pounds a dropping.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And if anyone has wondered why I don't get morbidly obese eating between 3,500 and 4,000 calories a day thsts why lol.

Calories are going to be set down to 3000ish till the scale stops moving.
I’m the same way. I’ve never tracked calories, but I’m pretty sure I’m over 5k most days. Every once in a while I try to add it up, I’ll do over 2k in a sitting somewhat regularly.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m the same way. I’ve never tracked calories, but I’m pretty sure I’m over 5k most days. Every once in a while I try to add it up, I’ll do over 2k in a sitting somewhat regularly.
Damn I usually don’t exceed that in a day.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I'm not concerned with what I'm eating, 5k a day is easy for me. Mainly because il be eat rediculous high calorie foods. When doing
3500-4000, I'm doing about 3000 clean and 500-1000 junk. Not the healthiest but I find it a good balance of keeping full while feeling comfortable and staying around 15%bf. This is my zone for strength gains.

Today was approximately 3000calories all clean. Il post it up in a min. I don't have time to punch in all the numbers but I took pictures of each meal so I can track them later LOL

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Todays meals.
Eggs, ham, chicken, cheese, vegetables
IMG_20220212_103823194.jpg

Jumbo rap with grilled chicken asparagus spinach green onions and my own ranch Greek yogurt dressing. And then that's a half a serving of some kind of buffalo chicken vegan air crisp thingies LOL
IMG_20220301_123216481.jpg

Intro workout I had essential amino acids and dextrose powder,

Then post-workout I whipped this stuff together in the Ninja and it turns into soft serve ice cream
IMG_20220301_185616059.jpg

For dinner another grilled chicken wrap and lots of fruits and vegetables
IMG_20220301_174946018.jpg

And this is my final meal that I'm about to eat right now
IMG_20220301_203014355.jpg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Those wraps are about the size of a large pizza before you fold it up lol, and then it turns into about the size of a brick when it's wrapped

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just to be clear for this thermoAmp portion of the log, my training is going to pretty much remain consistent as it's been and there will be no other additional supplements or anything added other then thermoamp. The only two variables that are changing with me are ThermoAmp and a caloric deficit that will be adjusted week by week.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Love the food pictures. Love to get ideas for meals from others.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just applied 1/2 mL of neuro melatonin. Smells pleasant. Kinda like a herbal tea. It's a bit oily as you apply it but as it asorbs the oily feeling goes away.

The more I smell it the more I like it lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm a bad sleeper, I typically nod off and then wake up about a hour later, go back to sleep and wake up at 3ish to use the bathroom, wake up again about 5am (sometimes il say fuk it and hit the gym ) but if not I go back to sleep and then wake up again at 630-7 to start my day. I'm going to put the phone down now and try to relax for the night. I'm not expecting any miracles but I wanna give it a real shot so phone down and tv off. Ttyl

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a bad sleeper, I typically nod off and then wake up about a hour later, go back to sleep and wake up at 3ish to use the bathroom, wake up again about 5am (sometimes il say fuk it and hit the gym ) but if not I go back to sleep and then wake up again at 630-7 to start my day. I'm going to put the phone down now and try to relax for the night. I'm not expecting any miracles but I wanna give it a real shot so phone down and tv off. Ttyl
You should try Albizia flower. It's an herb that helps you calm down/relax and helps people with sleeping issues.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You should try Albizia flower. It's an herb that helps you calm down/relax and helps people with sleeping issues.
you do realize this is a sponsored log, right? :)

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If anyone is interested, this is what my workout looks like today. Had to do my push workout and boxing back to back, so when I have days like this I opt more for machines and DB work and higher reps.

Machine shoulder press- 150's x12x3
Machine leg press- 325x12x3
Incline DB press- 75's x15x3
Leg ext- 70x15x3
V handle pressdowns-95x15x2
Side db raise- 30's x15x2
Db krushers- 35's x15x2
Ez krushers/CGB superset- 60x15/15x,3

20min break

Jump rope 2min on 1min off- 5 rounds
Heavy bag 3min on 1min off- 3 rounds
Footwork drills with bw half squats (imagine half squating but your shifting back and forth off each foot as you squat going under a rope)
2 rounds and 200 reps
Heavy bag 2 more rounds
Jump rope 2 more rounds

Takes about 2.5 hours start to finish. I use eaa's and dextrose powder intra workout
I love heavy bag work. Punching and kicking that bag burns a lot of calories really quick.
Interested in how the Neuro Melatonin works for you. I have sleep issues too and prefer natural products that work.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Already a lot of good activity in here and only one day in!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In on this for sure! Already a lot of good activity in here and only one day in!
This goes back to what we were discussing earlier about good old fashion logs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
First thought on Neuro Melatonin.

I fell asleep very easily, I actually just picked up a book and I don't think I made it past the first page. I still woke up about a hour and a half later which is normal for me, even when I was sick and taking a bunch of Tylenol pm I would still wake up shortly after falling asleep.

Now normally I will go right back to sleep and wake up around 3/330am to pee but I woke up slightly later at 415ish and I was very wide awake. At that point I was already asleep for about 5.5-6 hours (which is about the maximum I normally get. Went back to sleep around 5:00 and was half asleep and got up at 7:00.

So even tho I woke up about the same amount of times as normal, I fell asleep easy and fast, and I got a slightly longer stretch of sleep and wake up a little more ready to go.

The difference was small and could just be coincidence, I'm not expecting years of broken sleep to get better with the snap of a finger. But I do "feel like" I was more relaxed after applying it and had slightly better sleep. I'm going to continue with 1/2ml for the remainder of the week and keep notes, il go up to 3/4ml Sunday night.

Thermoamp starts tomorrow. Today is a rest day, ankles are fried from yesterday anyway so it's well needed

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm logging these 2 products for iconic formulations, I don't want to add variables that might skew results or take attention away from the products there providing me with. I will write that down and look into it for after I finish the Neuro Melatonin

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also noticed my skin is nice and smooth, well hydrated looking where I applied the stuff last night as opposed to my sides (above the obliques) being kind of dry. I need a humidifier. Probably gonna pick one up over the weekend. But anyway, thought I would mention that as it was noticable

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I also noticed my skin is nice and smooth, well hydrated looking where I applied the stuff last night as opposed to my sides (above the obliques) being kind of dry. I need a humidifier. Probably gonna pick one up over the weekend. But anyway, thought I would mention that as it was noticable
IMG_0375.JPG

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Todays meals.
Eggs, ham, chicken, cheese, vegetablesView attachment 213327

Jumbo rap with grilled chicken asparagus spinach green onions and my own ranch Greek yogurt dressing. And then that's a half a serving of some kind of buffalo chicken vegan air crisp thingies LOLView attachment 213329

Intro workout I had essential amino acids and dextrose powder,

Then post-workout I whipped this stuff together in the Ninja and it turns into soft serve ice creamView attachment 213330

For dinner another grilled chicken wrap and lots of fruits and vegetablesView attachment 213331

And this is my final meal that I'm about to eat right nowView attachment 213332
Looks like you have the Vanilla flavor for the body fortess protein. Have you tried the cookies and cream? The stuff is amazing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looks like you have the Vanilla flavor for the body fortess protein. Have you tried the cookies and cream? The stuff is amazing.
Honestly I just buy whatever protein powder is cheapest and a know brand, I've only bought this brand maybe twice and I don't think I ever even looked at the flavor I just grabbed it and threw it in the cart cuz it was on sale lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do typically prefer a plain vanilla flavor because most of the time I'm using to make puddings or ice creams, and the vanillas kind of an easy base to use and then I can just flavor it myself

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do typically prefer a plain vanilla flavor because most of the time I'm using to make puddings or ice creams, and the vanillas kind of an easy base to use and then I can just flavor it myself
What recipe do you use for pudding? Would be interesting.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What recipe do you use for pudding? Would be interesting.
The pudding ones not even really a recipe, it's actually the simplest thing ever. I'll buy a box of the low calorie sugar-free chocolate or vanilla pudding mix, it usually says to mix two cups of ice cold milk and you whisk it together until it thickens up into a pudding and refrigerate you know normal directions. I'll take a cup and a half of lactose-free skim fairlife milk (19g protein) I'll shake that up with one scoop of whatever protein powder I think the flavor is going to go good with (30g protein) and once I have those two made up into a shake I'll just whisk that into the low calorie sugar-free pudding mix. What you end up with is about a 400 calorie bowl of pudding that has 50 g of protein, because a lot of my meals are 500 calories and 50 g of protein
IMG_20211207_200322227~2.jpg
, I'll add a cookie crumbled up and some Cool whip and it makes it 500 calories. I can use that as a meal replacement or because it's so much volume I can actually break it up into little pudding pops or whatever you want to do just to take the edge off.

But I prefer to make that 500 calories 50 g of protein my last meal of the day to satisfy my sweet tooth

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, if anybody wants a really awesome post workout shake, buy a can of the pumpkin pie mix, vanilla protein powder the amount of that pumpkin pie mix you want to hit your carbohydrate goal add a little extra cinnamon and some more skim fairlife milk.

Obviously that's not going to work if you're on a keto or low carb diet but if you're on a higher carb low fat diet like I like to do, it works and is delicious.

I'm using talk to text so if anything came out screwy I apologize I'm at work in a rush

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The pudding ones not even really a recipe, it's actually the simplest thing ever. I'll buy a box of the low calorie sugar-free chocolate or vanilla pudding mix, it usually says to mix two cups of ice cold milk and you whisk it together until it thickens up into a pudding and refrigerate you know normal directions. I'll take a cup and a half of lactose-free skim fairlife milk (19g protein) I'll shake that up with one scoop of whatever protein powder I think the flavor is going to go good with (30g protein) and once I have those two made up into a shake I'll just whisk that into the low calorie sugar-free pudding mix. What you end up with is about a 400 calorie bowl of pudding that has 50 g of protein, because a lot of my meals are 500 calories and 50 g of proteinView attachment 213361, I'll add a cookie crumbled up and some Cool whip and it makes it 500 calories. I can use that as a meal replacement or because it's so much volume I can actually break it up into little pudding pops or whatever you want to do just to take the edge off.

But I prefer to make that 500 calories 50 g of protein my last meal of the day to satisfy my sweet tooth
I like that pudding recipe….simple and effective. Have to pick up some this evening.
Always interested in new ideas to spice up the diet. 👍