Iconic Formulations Alpha Seven Log

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Much thanks to @cheftepesh1 and Iconic Formulations for this opportunity! It’s been a while since I’ve logged anything and a few years since I’ve run anything hormonal. After a over eager run with Tren awhile back followed by a shoulder tear, I slowly fell out of the gym and strayed away from AAS.

Fortunately I’m back in the gym consistently, although I’m on the road for work it’s only planet fitness but it works for what I’m needing.

I’ve never ran 7 Keto or any Andro product so these will both be new to me, goal is to overall lose a few lbs and hopefully keep some muscle while doing so. I was at the beach a couple weeks ago and looked awful in photos. Got another trip coming in a few weeks so hoping I can change that a little. I’ve never been good with cutting, I thoroughly enjoy food so goal is to try and add some cardio in to help with calorie deficit.

I’ve weighed in right around 215-218 the past couple weeks consistently. Not sure on body fat, probably a hefty 25%. I’ll save any pictures until the end, assuming I see any progress lol I work 11-12 hours a day and right now do a lot of walking which helps.

I’ve got some Clomid around here somewhere, though it gives me migraines so I’ll probably order Nolva for a short PCT.

Let’s see, 26 years old, 6’1”. Lifts are weak since my joints are bad and I try to focus on higher reps Calories are around 2500/day right now and will adjust as the scale does. I pretty much do a back/chest/legs rotation. I try and hit arms almost every session, I have ulnar nerve entrapment in both elbows and if I go a few days without an arm workout it gets bad so surprisingly arm movements help.

I’ve seen both good and bad with Androsterone on whether anyone needs a test base with it or not (Dermacrine) I do have some Apex Alchemy Hyperion which may or may not come in handy if I get lethargic. Again, don’t know much about andros so hopefully I can get some help from the experts here.

I just started AET-50 but plan to drop it and save it for PCT instead. I’ll also see how I like the first few weeks and may end up buying a bottle myself to extend through my vacation so I’m not in a hormonal ‘deficit’ during it.

Any tips or info is appreciated! Plan to start first dose tonight, will take a full dose nightly after work, gym, shower. Since I do work a lot I’ll be keeping a close eye on energy and sleep throughout.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can’t wait to see where this goes. In like flin

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quick workout this evening, I’ve been exhausted each night so wanted to get home early to get to bed. I did legs yesterday and have walked about 20 miles between the last 3 days at work so my legs are pretty worn out. Also, let me know if the exercise names don’t make any sense, I don’t necessarily use the exact term when I’m trying to type into my phone something quick lol

Did about 4.5 pumps tonight since it was the first time using it. Not sure if I should stick to 4 a day for now or just go straight into 5? Also, I know it’s a delayed absorption so applying at night shouldn’t be a problem, I haven’t seen any posts about any acute effects directly after dosing.

Either way, it was quite a bit more than I’m used to with topicals but it absorbed quick and no real smell which is nice.

6/22/22
Lat pull downs cable
50-25 75-18,15,16 90-8,8,6
Seated rows cable
75-12,12,12 90-8,8,
Rear delt fly machine
40-16 50-15,12 60-8,8,8 50-8 drop 35-6
Tricep extension machine
60-20,12,10 drop 45-8
Seated upright curl machine
50-15,12,12,10

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was a scheduled off day today but spent about 25 minutes in the apartment gym on some dumbbell shoulder stuff. Nothing major so I didn’t record anything but I’m still pretty exhausted so I’m going to attempt again tonight to get some quality sleep. I sleep all night no problem, but can’t remember a time I woke up feeling rested.

I’ll do a full 5 pumps tonight and plan to weigh Saturday morning. I never remember to weigh when I’m stumbling out to work in the morning, so I check at nights but that’s obviously not an accurate measurement. Last Saturday morning I was 215lbs.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
25 minutes in the apartment gym
I've found in the past sometime those apartment or hotel gym workouts are the best in terms of pump. Not sure why but at least for me that's how it seems :LOL: Could be cause when I go to hotel gyms I've usually had some sort of saltier meal than normal from going out to eat.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've found in the past sometime those apartment or hotel gym workouts are the best in terms of pump. Not sure why but at least for me that's how it seems :LOL: Could be cause when I go to hotel gyms I've usually had some sort of saltier meal than normal from going out to eat.
The salt and carbs definitely help! I think the lack of structure helps me sometimes, just getting to do whatever feels good and not worrying about following a plan to compare to last week!

I will say I don’t do much dumbbell work these days so my forearms are pretty wrecked today from the overhead press. Also feeling pretty sore overall which is nice, I’ve never gotten very much DOMS, not even with X Gels and when I was in the gym daily for 1.5-2 hours.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I can’t find my Clomid, since this isn’t majorly suppressive I’m not too concerned. I’d normally not start anything until I had a SERM and AI on hand.

was going to pick up some Nolva from MA, but thinking about it more when I go on vacation, I’m going to have to take it on an international flight so I would prefer to have pressed tablets or capsules so I may do a little more digging on that. My normal source took an unknown amount of time previously, so I have no idea how quickly they ship in the post Covid era.

I imagine it’s the same pharma source most people use/used, so if anyone knows who I’m talking about and has ordered recently I’d love to hear about it!

If I decide to extend another bottle, I’ll have to look at that as well. Trying to keep it to just carry on luggage, so I may have to transfer a few doses into the travel sized bottles. I just want to make sure I have a SERM with me in case the Alpha Seven gets taken.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
not even with X Gels and when I was in the gym daily for 1.5-2 hours.
I use to get pretty serious DOMs on x gels but it was worth it imo :)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I use to get pretty serious DOMs on x gels but it was worth it imo :)
Always had good luck with xgels. Never had the really bad Doms or anything.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No gym today, I was super sore when I woke up so just took the dogs for a walk.

212lbs this morning. Yesterday I fasted until dinner and had a pizza, still stayed within my calories but was lacking in protein.

Nothing really notable to feel in terms of Alpha Seven yet.

Yesterdays leg workout, first time I’ve done legs twice in a week in a long while so everything felt pretty heavy.

6/24/22
Squat
110-12 150-10 170-10 190-8,8 230-6
Leg curls
70-12,12 80-8,8 60-10
Leg extension
70-12,12 60-12,10 50-12,10
Leg abduction and adduction machines?
Just did 4-5 sets of each about 90lbs

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No gym today, I was super sore when I woke up so just took the dogs for a walk.

212lbs this morning. Yesterday I fasted until dinner and had a pizza, still stayed within my calories but was lacking in protein.

Nothing really notable to feel in terms of Alpha Seven yet.

Yesterdays leg workout, first time I’ve done legs twice in a week in a long while so everything felt pretty heavy.

6/24/22
Squat
110-12 150-10 170-10 190-8,8 230-6
Leg curls
70-12,12 80-8,8 60-10
Leg extension
70-12,12 60-12,10 50-12,10
Leg abduction and adduction machines?
Just did 4-5 sets of each about 90lbs
Looks like a decent leg day

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In! Looking forward to the progress.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like a decent leg day
Any leg day that gets completed is decent when it comes to me 😅

I’ve never been a fan of legs for some reason and now a days my knees give me more trouble than anything so its always been a nice excuse to go easy and light or go longer than normal between leg days but I’m trying to get away from that.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any leg day that gets completed is decent when it comes to me

I’ve never been a fan of legs for some reason and now a days my knees give me more trouble than anything so its always been a nice excuse to go easy and light or go longer than normal between leg days but I’m trying to get away from that.
Getting old really sucks.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest today, a couple movements felt a little lighter which was nice. I think I may be feeling a little more warm too. Today was a bit cooler but still found myself turning the AC down throughout the day.

I tried to do some bench press but planet fitness only has smith machines and that angle just doesn’t work well for me.

6/26
Machine flies
50-15,12 60-12,12,10 50-12,12
Machine dips
70-16,16,16 90-12,12 110-8 130-8
Chest press machine
50-12,12,12 70-8,10,10
Seated machine curl
45-18,12 60-10,8,8 drop 45-8
Seated tricep extensions
60-12,12,10 45-15,12

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Certainly feeling more body warmth.

I don't do much actual labor at work, but this morning just quickly taking the cordless shop vac to clean up some concrete dust I started to break a sweat. Did a quick walk around with the dust mop as well (getting ready for my PM to come onsite lol) and body temp wise I felt like I was getting a halfway decent hike in. Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, don’t want to attribute too much or too little just yet, not to mention I’m also wearing a thinner set of pants to begin with, but I’m able to tighten my belt a whole other notch. I’ll see how the belt feels tomorrow on a normal pair of jeans.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good, notable mine muscle connection tonight. Just a good workout where I could actually feel what I was working pretty well. I get them every once in a while, not sure what makes the difference but I’d like it more often. I may just need a good pump product.
Again, weights are staying the same, some of them feeling a bit on the lighter side which is always nice.

Not sure how much strength I should expect to gain with a mild andro like this while in a deficit, but I imagine if I at the very least stay at the same weights through the entire month while dropping calories that’s a success.

6/27/22
Lat pull down cable
50-20 75-15,15,15 90-10,10 105-6,6
Seated rows cable
75-12,12,12 90-10,12,12
Cable side raises
5-12 10-8,8,10 15-5 10-8,8
Rope push downs
20-15,12,12,12 drop 15-10
Cable rope curls
20-15,12,12,10 drop 15-6
Cable rope pullover
25-10 32.5-8,8,8 drop 25-8

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
stay at the same weights through the entire month while dropping calories that’s a success.
I agree that's a win in my books if you're in a caloric deficit.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good, notable mine muscle connection tonight. Just a good workout where I could actually feel what I was working pretty well. I get them every once in a while, not sure what makes the difference but I’d like it more often. I may just need a good pump product.
Again, weights are staying the same, some of them feeling a bit on the lighter side which is always nice.

Not sure how much strength I should expect to gain with a mild andro like this while in a deficit, but I imagine if I at the very least stay at the same weights through the entire month while dropping calories that’s a success.

6/27/22
Lat pull down cable
50-20 75-15,15,15 90-10,10 105-6,6
Seated rows cable
75-12,12,12 90-10,12,12
Cable side raises
5-12 10-8,8,10 15-5 10-8,8
Rope push downs
20-15,12,12,12 drop 15-10
Cable rope curls
20-15,12,12,10 drop 15-6
Cable rope pullover
25-10 32.5-8,8,8 drop 25-8
I miss these days. Been in recovery and awaiting 3 surgeries still so have not been able to hit the gym. Awesome workout it looks like.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Legs again today, I can’t pull up my workout for some reason but I know I added reps to the same weight on each movement from 4 days ago.
Quickly stepped on the scale this morning and it said 209.6lbs which is about 2 pounds less than this weekend, though I definitely feel/look a bit more bloated today. Calories this week are dropped 100 to 2460.

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed - following along!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gym today was a bit of a fail, was supposed to do chest and only got through dips and flies. Lower back has been killing me all day and I was just feeling weak. I went to do some cardio instead but started feeling sick so I dipped. Not sure what’s up but I just don’t feel great, tired and a bit nauseous.

I was hoping to get a good workout in tonight before the weekend because I probably won’t get to the gym but we will see how I feel and how things go. The plan is to keep the food to a minimum this weekend so I don’t have to start all over afterwards lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still not feeling great this morning. Belt is certainly a bit looser on my normal setting, though.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Still not feeling great this morning. Belt is certainly a bit looser on my normal setting, though.
This is where it begins to drop.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Felt better this afternoon and got away from work a bit early so I was able to get a workout in at the hotel for our halfway stopping point. Nothing crazy, I hit a full body since I likely won’t workout for a couple days over the weekend.

A couple things to note, I’ve now been fasted for a full 24 hours. My workout was right at 22 hours fasted yet I still got pretty decent pumps.

I’ve never been a vascular person. I expected if anything for my forearms veins to start being more prominent since they are like the first to show, but I’m starting to see veins in random places I never have before. They aren’t popping out or anything, but I can see the blue highlight in a few random spots. Not really anything someone else would notice but I thought it interesting. It may just be from applying the gel to those places, I’m not sure.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No gym this weekend like I expected. Ate decent the last couple days but I did eat what seemed like a lot, and drank tonight without counting calories. If anything, my calories were close to my range just low on protein.. not sure if that’s better or worse lol

I plan to drop calories to 2300 or less Tuesday to make up for this weekend, even if it was just a single day of bad eating.

I haven’t done a legitimate bench press in a long long time, but I was reminiscing to my wife earlier telling her how before my shoulder surgery I was able to bench press 315. She didn’t quite understand how cool that was, but it’s okay because I can’t do it any longer lol

I’m pretty sure that was on my third cycle, Test and Tbol. I think I was maybe 19-20 years old, I really want to get my joints healthy and start compound lifts again. I’ve always been bad at deadlift and squat, but my bench has always been the one weight lifting accomplishment I’ve had.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No gym this weekend like I expected. Ate decent the last couple days but I did eat what seemed like a lot, and drank tonight without counting calories. If anything, my calories were close to my range just low on protein.. not sure if that’s better or worse lol

I plan to drop calories to 2300 or less Tuesday to make up for this weekend, even if it was just a single day of bad eating.

I haven’t done a legitimate bench press in a long long time, but I was reminiscing to my wife earlier telling her how before my shoulder surgery I was able to bench press 315. She didn’t quite understand how cool that was, but it’s okay because I can’t do it any longer lol

I’m pretty sure that was on my third cycle, Test and Tbol. I think I was maybe 19-20 years old, I really want to get my joints healthy and start compound lifts again. I’ve always been bad at deadlift and squat, but my bench has always been the one weight lifting accomplishment I’ve had.
I’m the same. My squat and deadlift aren’t very good. I blame my lower back and injuries over the years. Bench is always better for my body weight in comparison to squat and deadlift.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m the same. My squat and deadlift aren’t very good. I blame my lower back and injuries over the years. Bench is always better for my body weight in comparison to squat and deadlift.
I think this ends up being most of us in time

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think this ends up being most of us in time
Agreed. I've moved from barbell movements that put stress on my back to more machine exercises that target the muscle better. Thank goodness for all the different type of exercise machines they have made.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed. I've moved from barbell movements that put stress on my back to more machine exercises that target the muscle better. Thank goodness for all the different type of exercise machines they have made.
It was probably a bunch of old lifters that came up with all the different machines for this reason.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Heading back home today so back in the gym tomorrow and back to eating right.

Last night I the room was cold, but I woke up with a nice layer of sweat a couple times. I’m not feeling sick so really the only thing I can blame it on is the product, so I’d say the increased body temp is in full swing.

I probably won’t weigh this week since this weekend wasn’t great. Bumping my calories down a bit to 2300 to try and make up for a bad couple days.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Noticed this evening after the shower when applying the Alpha Seven that I’m starting to break out/get a rash where I have been applying.

I’m thinking I may switch up where I’m applying, but I don’t know if I have enough surface area
of good skin anywhere else for that amount of product, unless I split the doses in half and applied twice a day?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was probably a bunch of old lifters that came up with all the different machines for this reason.
I'd put money on it that it was :LOL: Old bodybuilders that said we need to start thinking smarter rather than harder!

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Noticed this evening after the shower when applying the Alpha Seven that I’m starting to break out/get a rash where I have been applying.

I’m thinking I may switch up where I’m applying, but I don’t know if I have enough surface area
of good skin anywhere else for that amount of product, unless I split the doses in half and applied twice a day?
I get the same from some TD carriers. After the product dries I put lotion over the area and I don't get a rash as long as I use the lotion with every application. Rotating sites is helpful as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally never had that issue, but the info above always helps.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First day in the gym since Thursday. Chest was a little rough, weights felt heavy but arms felt good and pretty light plus I got a good pump there which is always nice.

7/5
Machine flies
50-15,12 60-10,12,10 50-12,
Machine dips
70-16,16 90-12,12 100-8,8
Chest press machine
50-12,12,12 70-8,8,8
Seated machine preacher curl
45-18,15 60-10,10,9,8
Tricep extension machine
60-15,12,10 45-12,12

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got a good pump there which is always nice.
Pump when doing chest and arms is a must! Good volume for rep range so that probably helped with the pump factor as well.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pump when doing chest and arms is a must! Good volume for rep range so that probably helped with the pump factor as well.
I know high reps is more prevalent when going for size which is what I'm after (rather - keeping size while cutting weight), but what I need to do is get some strength back. I'm just not sure which is better on a cut? Higher rep or heavier weight.

Good news is I was under my total calories last night for the first time. I hit about 2200. Trying to stick to 2300, I may do additional cardio if I end up slipping or know I'm going to slip in advance.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I am thinking I'll purchase another bottle of Alpha Seven to extend the run to 8 weeks. I know I just hit the end of 2 weeks as of yesterday, but I fear if I wait too long to order it may get somewhere in the mail order black hole and not arrive in time. I will make a final decision here in the next day or so.

@delsolrob @cheftepesh1 what do you guys think? Is 2 full weeks enough to get an accurate gauge of how its working, or is it like other hormones that really start to shine around 3-4 weeks?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m all over the place so I apologize, but I noticed today I weighed at 210lbs this morning, certainly more bloated from the weekend but still look better than where I started at. Gonna give it a few days to lose the water I’m probably holding.. any tips on how to expedite that?

good news, I could comfortably pull my belt in one notch tighter this morning. A few months ago it was pushing it to being too tight on my normal setting on the 3rd hole. Hole 4 now is doable and not unbearably tight.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd put money on it that it was :LOL: Old bodybuilders that said we need to start thinking smarter rather than harder!
This is very true. in the 80's and 90's it was lift big or go home! now we are all injured. I had to really learn how to use proper joint movements. Now when I see someone on there 20's pressing heavy weight behind the neck or pulling behind the neck I want to say something. but I don't.