Icon One Question

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about picking up some Icon 1 as I love 1-DHEA.

However, I'm now about to turn 59yo, and was concerned about it's effects on liver, kidney, HDL/LDL.
I found research that seems to clearly show a 330 mg. daily dose of ORAL 1-DHEA significantly and negatively affects all of these markers.

Is there any research that shows TRANSDERMAL 1-DHEA avoids these problems? I was thinking that maybe because it would avoid liver first pass, it may not be as harsh on liver, kidney and HDL/LDL.

Thanks,

Crowbar

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

However, I'm now about to turn 59yo, and was concerned about it's effects on liver, kidney, HDL/LDL.
I found research that seems to clearly show a 330 mg. daily dose of ORAL 1-DHEA significantly and negatively affects all of these markers.

Is there any research that shows TRANSDERMAL 1-DHEA avoids these problems? I was thinking that maybe because it would avoid liver first pass, it may not be as harsh on liver, kidney and HDL/LDL.

Thanks,

Crowbar
@delsolrob

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Thanks,

Crowbar
Sorry, been offline - it's beach weather in San Diego, and things are finally opening up.

I have not seen a study on this either, but I do think we can walk through some of the process.

If I remember correctly, the liver impact was moderate. But, there are a couple factors here: as transdermal requires less than half the dose, there's significantly less processed through the liver. Additionally, some of the conversion takes place while passing through the skin, and means some of these processes are saved from happening in the liver.

HDL/LDL/kidney - I don't think the impact will be significantly different with TD vs Oral

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, been offline - it's beach weather in San Diego, and things are finally opening up.

I have not seen a study on this either, but I do think we can walk through some of the process.

If I remember correctly, the liver impact was moderate. But, there are a couple factors here: as transdermal requires less than half the dose, there's significantly less processed through the liver. Additionally, some of the conversion takes place while passing through the skin, and means some of these processes are saved from happening in the liver.

HDL/LDL/kidney - I don't think the impact will be significantly different with TD vs Oral
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I thought that might be the case. Best for me to avoid, then, as the effects on HDL/LDL were quite pronounced.

I'm still looking forward to trying your Icon Seven, as this won't disrupt my HPTA, and seems more appropriate in my case.

Also, very much looking forward to using EndoAmp again--I ordered 5 bottles (including the last two you had in stock).
I was a huge fan of this product back in the PP days!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I thought that might be the case. Best for me to avoid, then, as the effects on HDL/LDL were quite pronounced.

I'm still looking forward to trying your Icon Seven, as this won't disrupt my HPTA, and seems more appropriate in my case.

Also, very much looking forward to using EndoAmp again--I ordered 5 bottles (including the last two you had in stock).
I was a huge fan of this product back in the PP days!
there is some info that androsterone actually improves lipids....this would make alpha seven optimal for you!!!

love me some endoamp, thanks for your purchase!!!