• First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Three bottles on the way.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does the transdermal relate to taking pills as far as absorption? Was thinking of doubling up on bottles

migsacura

migsacura

Awards
How does the transdermal relate to taking pills as far as absorption? Was thinking of doubling up on bottles
I have a similar question how is this compared to stanoplex which is oral form of epiandro?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a similar question how is this compared to stanoplex which is oral form of epiandro?
generally speaking, non methylated PH's have extremely poor oral bioavailability!

here's a link you may be interested in (much is directed towards dermacrine) :
https://iconicformulations.com/blogs/news/transdermal-steroids-expanded

Transdermal applications offer a number of benefits, some include:
1) increased bioavailability
2) sustained release - many non methylated ph's have a rather short half life - meaning you would have to take pills throughout the day. The topical delivery system used in our gels offers an extended release so you can apply once daily
3) Improved conversion to target hormones - the skin is rich in the enzymes used to convert PH's to the active forms we're looking for

There are some companies out there offering 1-dhea/4-dhea/etc with a matrix of esters - to offer a sustained release and improved bioavailability...but, not only are they often lower dosed (usually under 100mg total), and while this may seems to be close...it's not! You have to take into account the weight of these long chain fatty esters. as an example - the molecular weight of testosterone is roughly 288, but testosterone undecanoate is 457..this means that if you were to get 100mg testosterone undecanoate, only ~63mg of that would be testosterone. Same thing applies to the oral PH's with fatty esters...you're losing a significant portion of "active" to ester.

Now, if you wanted to combine oral and td, this would be beneficial for some compounds like epiandrosterone - I take Alpha Stano (epiandro complexed with cyclodextrins - this causes rapid uptake and increases bioavailability) because it hits hard and fast (I absolutely love the rush/focus/aggression I get in just a few minutes) and apply topical epiandro to keep levels up between doses...I take a small dose in the morning, apply topical and then take another dose before my workout.

Last edited: