I would like to hear your opinion...

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
A friend of mine and me are launching line of at home exercise products, a lower cost option to help trainees be able to do their workouts at home with as much similarity to real weightlifting as possible, so we are catering to a population which either cannot afford or doesnt have enough room for a real home gym.

Most of you are I assume from the USA and i know most of you live in houses with garages, backyards etc. but from where I am a very large number of people either lives in flats or moves frequently (younger people) so a regular home gym is not feasible, and with the advent of the disease, many are reluctant to go to the gym.

Now, my question to You is, how important do You think is to have a female fitness model included in the visual presentation of our products (videos, images and even package design)?

So this is a question for both guys and gals, how much does it matter to you when for example you see a commercial for some kind of exercise product does it even matter if a model in a commercial is male or female?

So this is more of a study into human psychology I believe.

Will a commercial containing a male model be more likely to catch guy's attention because he can relate (e.g. a guy in the commercial is performing the exercise, so a guy watching it can relate)?

Or...will the same commercial containing a female model promoting the same product be more likely to catch a guy's attention because of the natural attraction males have towards females.

This above proposition goes also for females (which is more likely to catch their attention, a male model who they may have natural attraction towards or a female model who they can more easily relate to)?

The thing is that from what we have so far managed to find out our potential customer base would be pretty evenly split, about 60% males and 40% females.

In our group there are lots of guys who work out seriously, some on gear, so having a solid looking male model is not a problem. But for a female model we would have to hire, so we would like to avoid that :ROFLMAO:

but..if it will help our line, then we are open to the idea of also hiring a female fitness model locally :unsure:

Anyway, just wanted to hear your take on this, trying to get as much opinions as we can.

Thanks in advance

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You def should look into a female model as well .. sucks to say but yeah marketing means more .. and sometimes pple just look at the skinny girl and will buy anything she does or takes *cough: bang bang*

but yes for a business standpoint in order to catch everyone attention .. i would say its a must ( harsh truth .. shouldnt be like that but it is what it is

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You def should look into a female model as well .. sucks to say but yeah marketing means more .. and sometimes pple just look at the skinny girl and will buy anything she does or takes *cough: bang bang*

but yes for a business standpoint in order to catch everyone attention .. i would say its a must ( harsh truth .. shouldnt be like that but it is what it is
Thank you for the input.

Yeah, deep down we know we need to have models of both genders. Just need some "common sense" that comes from someone sensible and not from us 🤣 (you are always overly optimistic when it comes to minimizing the costs as a business partner/entrepreneur)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the input.

Yeah, deep down we know we need to have models of both genders. Just need some "common sense" that comes from someone sensible and not from us 🤣 (you are always overly optimistic when it comes to minimizing the costs as a business partner/entrepreneur)
np, yeah in a real world you shouldn't need and products/equip should speak for itself but much bigger part of that world won't look at it if they don't t!ttes

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it’s for a product that I will use I would like to see a make use it. If I see a woman using a workout equipment in a ad my first thought is that’s it’s a gimmick and useless too me.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If it’s for a product that I will use I would like to see a make use it. If I see a woman using a workout equipment in a ad my first thought is that’s it’s a gimmick and useless too me.
Good point and i am thinking along those lines.

but it seems oike we need both male and female (male is a given, no problem within our group of gym buddies).

However i asked about a female models since we will have female customers, we for sure wouldnt hire a female model if we were launching a product we knew only male audience would be interesed in.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What demographic and income level are you targeting? Aside from the male/female split you mention.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What demographic and income level are you targeting? Aside from the male/female split you mention.
As far as age, i dont think we have a narrowed age group, people of various ages are interested as the product allows one to perform most of the basic compound exercises.

But if i really had to narrow it down somewhat, i would say 18 - 40 age group, lower to average income level, people with no space to spare.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Example: If you are correct in a 60/40 split, are those 60% responsible for 80% of your potential revenue?

If you'd rather not share that on a public forum, I understand.

For your research: over 40 male, female fitness models hit the spank bank and do not influence my buying decision. :)

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For your research: over 40 male, female fitness models hit the spank bank and do not influence my buying decision. :)
Sorry haha i dont understand thia slang, what do you mean exactly? You mean that older fitness models over the age of 40 are a bad idea?

Well of course, if the majority of our target audience comes from, say 18-40 age group, it makes sense to have a model from that age group.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
As far as age, i dont think we have a narrowed age group, people of various ages are interested as the product allows one to perform most of the basic compound exercises.

But if i really had to narrow it down somewhat, i would say 18 - 40 age group, lower to average income level, people with no space to spare.
It narrows your target, allows you more focus, that is good. It is also good that (it appears from what you wrote) you can relate to the Target as it will help you compete in an ultra-competitive market.

Sorry haha i dont understand thia slang, what do you mean exactly? You mean that older fitness models over the age of 40 are a bad idea?

Well of course, if the majority of our target audience comes from, say 18-40 age group, it makes sense to have a model from that age group.
I'll try to keep it clean. If you want me to delete this after reading it, don't quote it, let me know, and I'll gladly comply.

Translation: I am over 40, so a female fitness model would only influence what I would "satisfy my needs to" in the absence of my wife.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We were thinking of a female fitness model so that our female customer base has someone to instinctively relate to upon seeing an ad, and only, exclusively, for that reason.

Since they represent a chunk of our customer base, i expressed my concerns to my friend that we may be losing female customers (apart from those who like our page and actively follow) if all we have is a male fitness model.

Hence, i came for some opinions .

It would be interesting to hear a take on the subject from a female (member i believe we have some over here).

Norse12

Awards
@CroLifter How did you guys do on your business, did you decide on a female model or not, did you get the marketing together?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@CroLifter How did you guys do on your business, did you decide on a female model or not, did you get the marketing together?
we failed miserably with the product we 1st had in mind but now having some success (orders coming in) on another much more conventional piece of equipment we started producing that we didnt even think would sell.

and we didnt get a female model in the end.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we failed miserably with the product we 1st had in mind but now having some success (orders coming in) on another much more conventional piece of equipment we started producing that we didnt even think would sell.

Good stuff and good luck
Females are probably your target audience and do buy a lot of stuff

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Not sure where you are but I know some female models if you need.