I want to start first test cycle. Seeking advice. Based in NYC.

IdealBeast

Awards
I've been around here for about a year reading up and and researching so I thought 2019 is the year I'd say hi to the community and reach out for advice. Here's a little background; I am 33 years old and have been lifting since I was 15 years old. Grew up in competitive sports, and was lifting in globo gyms throughout high school, college, and all through my twenties. I have been consistent. 3-6 times a week lifting for the last 17 years. No major injuries except some random tweaks to the lower back, shoulders, and hips. Longest I've been out has been about 3 months with a hip/lower back sprain (about 3 years ago).

Started doing Crossfit 3.5 years ago, and have def progressed in terms of pushing physical ability, cardiovascular system, and practicing olympic lifts.

Currently my stats are 5'9, 168lbs, 10% BF
Max bench: 215 (was 225 in High school.....)
Deadlift: 250lbs
Squat:275lbs

I feel strong, but really want to get my lifts up. I tend to be pretty lean TBH as I grew up swimming.

In terms of nutrition, I could probably eat more, but I'm super consistent eating clean during the week. My diet consists of a cup of oats the morning, Fruit (I rotate banana, dates, figs, blueberries, apples), chia seeds, nuts (almonds or pumpkin seeds) whole fat greek yogurt, lots of chicken breast, lean meat sandwiches, white rice, sweet potatoes, and veggies (kale, broccoli, watercress), probably eat about 12/18 eggs a week. Weekends I pretty much eat what I want, but never go too crazy with sugar or processed foods. No alcohol.

I've been using a macro counter the last couple months and bumped calories from 2200/2500 to 3500 and def seen some weight gain. While I'm not super strict with macros I tend to usually sit at about 50% carbs, 25%fat, 25%protein. It's tough living in New York, but I do cook a lot of my meals.

My supplements include whey protein (30g morning, 30g post workout), creatine, and play around with different aminos and vitamins (ashwaghanda, lysine, vitamin C, zinc, boron, etc).

I want to do a cycle of test E and take it to the next level. What is your guys advice? From reading the forum and seeing other recommended first cycles this is what I am considering:

Test E 500mg/ Week for 12-16 weeks. Split dose 250mg (mon/thurs)
HCG: 250iu a week (taken with first test shot during the week)
Adex on hand for estrogen issues

PCT: Nolva 4 weeks ( start 2 weeks after last test shot)
40mg
40mg
20mg
20mg

In terms of bloodwork, It's been about 3 years since I had my hormones tested (so I was about 31 at the time). Since I live in NYC labs are very expensive so i haven't had recent bloodwork (can't use discounted labs here). This is where I sat:

T4, Free: 1.2ng/dL (standard range .8-1.8 ng/dL)
Prolactin: 4.9 ng/mL (standard range 2.0-18.0 ng/mL)
FSH: 8.9 mIU/mL (standard range 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
LH: 3.5 mIU/mL (range 1.5-9.3)
DHEA Sulfate: 265 mcg/dL (standard range 106- 464 mvg/dL)
Cortisol: 15.7 mcg/dL
ACTH, plasma: 20 pg/mL ( range 6-50 pg/mL)
Testosterone, Total: 768 ng/dL

I am seeking any advice on this proposed cycle. What are your thoughts on where I am at and what I can achieve? Is there anyway to make this better? I am super nervous about having the right source. I only have one source (however when he has cycled with test in the past he said he didn't use a PCT, and def gets test blackmarket). I would prefer to get it prescibed, so I know exactly what I am getting, but not sure how hard it would be to get a prescription at where I am at with my labs.....I am almost 34......

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been around here for about a year reading up and and researching so I thought 2019 is the year I'd say hi to the community and reach out for advice. Here's a little background; I am 33 years old and have been lifting since I was 15 years old. Grew up in competitive sports, and was lifting in globo gyms throughout high school, college, and all through my twenties. I have been consistent. 3-6 times a week lifting for the last 17 years. No major injuries except some random tweaks to the lower back, shoulders, and hips. Longest I've been out has been about 3 months with a hip/lower back sprain (about 3 years ago).

Started doing Crossfit 3.5 years ago, and have def progressed in terms of pushing physical ability, cardiovascular system, and practicing olympic lifts.

I feel strong, but really want to get my lifts up. I tend to be pretty lean TBH as I grew up swimming.

In terms of nutrition, I could probably eat more, but I'm super consistent eating clean during the week. My diet consists of a cup of oats the morning, Fruit (I rotate banana, dates, figs, blueberries, apples), chia seeds, nuts (almonds or pumpkin seeds) whole fat greek yogurt, lots of chicken breast, lean meat sandwiches, white rice, sweet potatoes, and veggies (kale, broccoli, watercress), probably eat about 12/18 eggs a week. Weekends I pretty much eat what I want, but never go too crazy with sugar or processed foods. No alcohol.

I've been using a macro counter the last couple months and bumped calories from 2200/2500 to 3500 and def seen some weight gain. While I'm not super strict with macros I tend to usually sit at about 50% carbs, 25%fat, 25%protein. It's tough living in New York, but I do cook a lot of my meals.

My supplements include whey protein (30g morning, 30g post workout), creatine, and play around with different aminos and vitamins (ashwaghanda, lysine, vitamin C, zinc, boron, etc).

I want to do a cycle of test E and take it to the next level. What is your guys advice? From reading the forum and seeing other recommended first cycles this is what I am considering:

40mg
40mg
20mg
20mg

In terms of bloodwork, It's been about 3 years since I had my hormones tested (so I was about 31 at the time). Since I live in NYC labs are very expensive so i haven't had recent bloodwork (can't use discounted labs here). This is where I sat:

I am seeking any advice on this proposed cycle. What are your thoughts on where I am at and what I can achieve? Is there anyway to make this better? I am super nervous about having the right source. I only have one source (however when he has cycled with test in the past he said he didn't use a PCT, and def gets test blackmarket). I would prefer to get it prescibed, so I know exactly what I am getting, but not sure how hard it would be to get a prescription at where I am at with my labs.....I am almost 34......

Well it looks like you got a good plan set up. You definitely did do some reading. Thats a great first cycle and I think you will like it. If you wanted to throw something else in you could probably get away with adding in some Anavar the last few weeks of your cycle. I understand that you cant use discounted labs in New York, but I would recommend getting some current labs, and you will also want to atleast get them again by the end of your cycle. So that may be something you will want to save up for before running your cycle.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your plan looks pretty good.
I agree with what Dementedcowboy said.
How hard would it be for you to travel out of the city/state to get labs?

A legitimate Dr wouldn't prescribe you Test, with your numbers. And they don't prescribe the dosage you are thinking of running.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Hey buddy
Here’s a few little bits of advice I’d wish i did when I first started cycling

-do pre cycle blood work, mid cycle blood work and post cycle blood work(mandatory) ... it’s so important to see how “shut down you are” then you can plan your pct accordingly
-I’d personally save the HCG. Maybe use it during pct.(based on post cycle bloods)
-schedule your ai dose around the day after “pin day”. This has helped me keep estrogen under control. I’m extremely sensitive when test levels rise or peak.
-monitor blood pressure regularly
-increase food
-have more nolva on hand then needed. If gyno symptoms come up I use nolva... I avoid letro like the plague. I find nolva more effective in controlling gyno sides. I’ll use rolaxifene if gyno is starting to form lumps (not just puffiness)

IdealBeast

Awards
Thanks for the advice guys!

I'll look into traveling out of state for labs but I think it will be a pain in the ass.
DemntedCowboy I just started reading about Anavar last week so that's on my radar. I could def be down with adding that to weeks 8-12. Not sure how hard that will be to find.
Mrbolt84 Could you explain a little more on thoughts about saving HCG for pct? I guess my main concern is balls shrinking....I'm not sure if I'm prone to gyno, but I did take DAA in the past and it make my nipples itchy so stopped taking it.

I'm hoping to start this cycle last week in January if I can get everything set up.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

40mg
40mg
20mg
20mg

Hey bro,

@dementedcowboy has said most of what I would have.

I would run hcg on cycle at 250iu 2x pw. That’s standard if you want to prevent ball shrinkage. The other way to use hcg is a much bigger dosing just prior to pct.

Honestly with your current weight and numbers id guess (and you kind of confirm this) that you’ve never eaten for strength or size......just increasing calories would probably get those lifts up anyway.....but your in your thirties and been training for years so having some fun on a cycle is no bad thing imo.

Good to see you’ve done your research too.

Log the run if you get chance, you’ll get good support as you go.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey bro,

@dementedcowboy has said most of what I would have.

I would run hcg on cycle at 250iu 2x pw. That’s standard if you want to prevent ball shrinkage. The other way to use hcg is a much bigger dosing just prior to pct.

Honestly with your current weight and numbers id guess (and you kind of confirm this) that you’ve never eaten for strength or size......just increasing calories would probably get those lifts up anyway.....but your in your thirties and been training for years so having some fun on a cycle is no bad thing imo.

Good to see you’ve done your research too.

Log the run if you get chance, you’ll get good support as you go.
I agree with this, especially the HCG part. Its cheap, I run it throughout cycle at least 250iu twice a week.

And bloodwork, as everyone else has stated. Find a way to get bloodwork. Family doctor??? Nurse friend? I dunno haha, there's gotta be a way. How expensive are we talking in NYC?

IdealBeast

Awards
Whisky yeah I can't say I have eaten for strength and size long term and really pushed it. I've always been pretty lean. I've had some mobility issues that's prohibited my squat and deadlift from increasing dramatically but I am working to fix that. I'm considering throwing in some more red meat into the weekly diet.
Socalmk6gti labs in NYC are a couple hundred bucks easy. Not totally sure , but I think the labs I had before would probably be over a $1000 without insurance. What are the "must haves"for for labs? can I just get a total testosterone test?

I have had high BP in the past, so that is one thing that concerns me.

IdealBeast

Awards
also wanted to ask, what's a ballpark cost of this proposed cycle?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get on a good full body 3 x per week program...Ditch CrossFit asafp....Start eating...

Steak and beef are essential...LOT of untapped gains in you!

A good natural stack and actual training would do you better than a cycle...(I’ve got OL test1fy and MassMax coming in the mail!)

Not tryin to be a dick, just kicking some raw truth...best of luck

IdealBeast

Awards
Hey Guys,
So I am pretty much ready to go, but wanted to ask a couple more questions......

My source is out of stock for HCG (They are also in ampules, which I would prefer to avoid to make things easy). Is this something I need or is it ok to not use HCG for this cycle?

Also, I am now considering running 400mg verus 500mg as the vials are 400mg/mL and it would be easier to keep things even. What's your thoughts?

What is everyone's preference for time of year to run a cycle? Do you guys like to run during summer? Just thinking for ahead if I ran Feb/March/April PCT May then Ill be totally off the cycle for the summer.....good planning? or should I wait and plan to run during summer?
Thanks guys!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey Guys,
So I am pretty much ready to go, but wanted to ask a couple more questions......

My source is out of stock for HCG (They are also in ampules, which I would prefer to avoid to make things easy). Is this something I need or is it ok to not use HCG for this cycle?

Also, I am now considering running 400mg verus 500mg as the vials are 400mg/mL and it would be easier to keep things even. What's your thoughts?

What is everyone's preference for time of year to run a cycle? Do you guys like to run during summer? Just thinking for ahead if I ran Feb/March/April PCT May then Ill be totally off the cycle for the summer.....good planning? or should I wait and plan to run during summer?
Thanks guys!!!
I ran many a cycle without HCG, so its not a priority, just helpful. At 400mg/ml per week you will still have a good run. And as far as when to run a cycle. Before TRT, I basically just ran 2 cycles a year. Just base it off your goals and run when your ready.

IdealBeast

Awards
OK so some changes from the original post.

My plan now is run 400mg/week Test E for 12 weeks (would it be better to run this for 16 weeks?). I have enough to run it for 20 weeks (but will not do that).

I am going to forego the HCG this time around. While I would like the use it to keep the balls full, it's not available for me this cycle ( a little nervous ab out this)

Also, instead of Arimidex on hand for estrogen issue during cycle as originally planned, I was only able to get Aromasin. From my research, it seems like this compound is just as good. They come in 25mg pills, so I plan on breaking them in half, and ONLY taking a 12.5mg dose EOD if estrogen issues are present.

I will plan to log this, expecting package today so will keep the board posted. Please let me know feedback! Thanks!