I think ive finally "isolated" my upper pecs.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Using the pec machine like below but with a different grip, grab the handles that are parallel to the floor with a palm facing up grip. Lessen the weight that you usually use and really focus on the contraction. I have never before been able to feel the muscle fibers in my upper pectorals become stressed like they did today.

Attachments

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also try pre exhausting the triceps and then doing some DB presses lowering the weight down near your neck instead of lower/mid chest, then contract up through the same movement.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
You can actually feel the difference just by doing this movement in the mirror at home. Begin with your hands in the normal neutral position and then rotate your palms upward and you'll really feel it in your upper chest. Ive always been lagging in this area and am happy to see that there may be hope in fixing this. I understand genetics play a huge part and technically you're not supposed to be able to isolate part of a muscle, but the fact of the matter is it worked.

Philshred

Philshred

Awards
You can actually feel the difference just by doing this movement in the mirror at home. Begin with your hands in the normal neutral position and then rotate your palms upward and you'll really feel it in your upper chest. Ive always been lagging in this area and am happy to see that there may be hope in fixing this. I understand genetics play a huge part and technically you're not supposed to be able to isolate part of a muscle, but the fact of the matter is it worked.
Will deff try this, thank you godfather!