I need to know if taking all these supplements at once is a bad idea....

stillaverage

Awards
Basically, I'm an obese guy with no energy, but I do have a pretty regular libido I guess. I'm going to start really hitting the gym and I have a cocktail of supplements in mind that I want to take that will help me a) have the energy to get through intense lifting sessions and b) increase my libido some more. Below is all the supplements I plan to take. I plan to throw all the powders in a protein shake and down them at once, one time a day with the recommended dosages, and take any pills with the recommended dosages right after. This will either be in the morning before work if I'm feeling particularly sluggish, or in the afternoon/evening before a workout session.

Is this a good idea? What side effects should I be worried about? Will I die(I hope not!)?

Here is the list:

Fenugreek Powder
Super Strength Horny Goat Weed 1,000 MG Maca Root Powder, Ginseng Root Powder and Tribulus, 1000mg, Extra Strength Libido Formula,100% Natural Herbal Supplement For Men and Women, 60 capsules
Maca Powder Raw Organic(gonna roast this before consumption because I hear it's easier on the stomach that way)
Pure Phenylethylamine HCL (PEA) Powder

So yeah, there it is. If there's any issues here please let me know! Also, if it seems okay to take and you have any other suggestions for something to add to it, let me know that also. Hope I did this post right, it's my first one.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And what are your current stats?

stillaverage

Awards
What is your goal??
And what are your current stats?
My goal is to eventually get to between 10-15% body fat and and just be as jacked and as strong as I can be at around 200lbs. I also want more energy and more of a sex drive. Currently I am around 300lbs and 5'9". I have a long way to go, I know. I will be starting a beginner lifting routine like Stronglifts 5x5 and doing cardio(running) on off days.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If I remember correctly PEA is useless. NoAddedHmones may have said something about it before?

tsmog

tsmog

Awards
All those supps are fine to take at once but you're just going to experience a slight libido boost at best taking them.

stillaverage

Awards
If I remember correctly PEA is useless. NoAddedHmones may have said something about it before?
That's a little disheartening to hear

All those supps are fine to take at once but you're just going to experience a slight libido boost at best taking them.
Recommend anything for a stronger effect?

tsmog

tsmog

Awards
Other than ed meds, I can't really make any recommendations.

Longjack gave me a slight boost in libido in the past but it was nothing miraculous.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How old are you? I'm on mobile, sorry if I missed it.

What is your diet like? An all in one like Alphamax XT might be a better option for you. If you're holding a lot of weight in mid section, the cortisol reduction is beneficial. The F95 and DHAA are also great in helping to reduce weight. Plus the added libido boost from the formula.

However, a proper diet will help you feel 100 percent better. I have always struggled with weight myself, so I understand. Once you start eating better and dropping weight, your libido will rise (unless there's underlying issue).

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There's plenty of things that you can take that will aid in the weight loss. Brite from evomuse is one. As you reduce you body fat and weight it will effect your libido in a positive way. Try to find some light stim products and go after the weight loss first.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PEA does have a very short half-life, but it is believed that combining it with MAO inhibitors can extend the effects. It is only animal research at the moment, but still makes for interesting reading:
These results show that inhibition of MAO-B enhances S(D) and S(R) effects of beta-PEA in monkeys, presumably by delaying its inactivation. MAO-B inhibition leading to increased levels of beta-PEA may be useful, alone or in combination with other therapeutic agents, in the pharmacological management of selected aspects of drug dependence.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11797065
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11281991
When small doses of PEA (5 and 10 mg/kg) and CPP (0.2 and 1 mg/kg) were used, the synergism of two drugs was observed. CPP (1 mg/kg) and deprenyl (0.5 mg/kg) an inhibitor monoamine oxidase of B type (MAO-B), had additive effects on PEA-induced inhibition of locomotion.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9050075

Again, it's nothing conclusive in humans, but it is interesting reading and shows some promise/potential.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Basically, I'm an obese guy with no energy, but I do have a pretty regular libido I guess. I'm going to start really hitting the gym and I have a cocktail of supplements in mind that I want to take that will help me a) have the energy to get through intense lifting sessions and b) increase my libido some more. Below is all the supplements I plan to take. I plan to throw all the powders in a protein shake and down them at once, one time a day with the recommended dosages, and take any pills with the recommended dosages right after. This will either be in the morning before work if I'm feeling particularly sluggish, or in the afternoon/evening before a workout session.

Is this a good idea? What side effects should I be worried about? Will I die(I hope not!)?

Here is the list:

Fenugreek Powder
Super Strength Horny Goat Weed 1,000 MG Maca Root Powder, Ginseng Root Powder and Tribulus, 1000mg, Extra Strength Libido Formula,100% Natural Herbal Supplement For Men and Women, 60 capsules
Maca Powder Raw Organic(gonna roast this before consumption because I hear it's easier on the stomach that way)
Pure Phenylethylamine HCL (PEA) Powder

So yeah, there it is. If there's any issues here please let me know! Also, if it seems okay to take and you have any other suggestions for something to add to it, let me know that also. Hope I did this post right, it's my first one.
Hey man, if you are an obese guy who wants to get in shape I would save money and not buy a single one of those supps. I can't say that any will have the effect that you are looking for. We all want to be able to take a special pill that will do x, y or z but in reality all you need is a good varied diet and that weight will fall off. Take it from me a formally fat dude who has tried it all but nothing compares to diet.

Just prep your meals in advance, track what you are eating and TRAIN brother.

My libido didn't improve after loosing weight, quitting alcohol completely and changing my lifestyle. This was a tough blow but blood tests revealed I am hypigonadal. I started on testosterone and now I feel like a 19 year old.

There absolutely is hope but don't peg it all on overpriced pills and powders that do very little in the grand scheme of things.

You can do it bro, and "testosterone boosters" aren't the answer, it's hard work and consistency.

Hope this helps