I need to gain mass

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
I’m 169lbs and 6’3 I want to be 200lbs hopefully by end of year. I have about 8% bf, so I’m ok with gaining fat with it. I don’t expect it to be all muscle, yes 30ish lbs is going to be hard. I’m a “hard gainer” last time I gained nice weight I was force eating 4500-5000cal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There's really only three parts to this equation:
Eat till you can't, then eat more, then some more on top of that.
Lift heavy and hard.
Rest/recover (getting plenty of sleep is the real key here).

Don't get complicated with it. The biggest thing to gain weight is 99.999999% how much you eat. As a hard gainer, you will need to fit in as many cals as you can stomach. Focus on calorically dense, but physically small foods like nut butters, healthy oils, and as many liquid meals as you want (these will digest faster and easier so you will be ready to eat again sooner). Shakes in the middle of the night will help add cals (just slam one when you get up to pee and such... can easily get in 500+cals in seconds).

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lift heavy and hard.

Don't get complicated with it. The biggest thing to gain weight is 99.999999% how much you eat. As a hard gainer, you will need to fit in as many cals as you can stomach. Focus on calorically dense, but physically small foods like nut butters, healthy oils, and as many liquid meals as you want (these will digest faster and easier so you will be ready to eat again sooner). Shakes in the middle of the night will help add cals (just slam one when you get up to pee and such... can easily get in 500+cals in seconds).
This is it. Thread closed.

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Lift heavy and hard.

What would you suggest in a shake? I’d rather make home made ones then pay $50+ a week on a “mass gainer”. Thank you for your reply!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What would you suggest in a shake? I’d rather make home made ones then pay $50+ a week on a “mass gainer”. Thank you for your reply!
3 cans of tuna, a half cup of olive oil, chicken breast, a potato, some whole milk...
-JK (though if you can stomach blended whole foods, that's way faster than actually sitting down to eat haha... many pro strength athletes have to do this) @Hyde i'm pretty sure has as well.

Really though:
2 scoops of whatever protein (something like BSN Syntha-6 is AMAZING for flavor and a lot higher cal than most since it has way more carbs/fat - perfect for you); a couple tbsp of peanutbutter or whatever nut butter you like, a couple tbsp of olive or coconut oil (or whatever other oil... you really wont taste it AT ALL), a couple scoops of ice cream, mix it all in whole milk or fruit juice (depending on flavor combos). You can even add cheap carb powders (gatorade powder or the like) as well.

Basically - if its high cal and you can blend it, you can/should drink it. You can easily get THOUSANDS of calories in a single shake like this. Think along the lines of a smoothie or ice cream shake and you'll get the most cals for the least volume

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
3 cans of tuna, a half cup of olive oil, chicken breast, a potato, some whole milk...
-JK (though if you can stomach blended whole foods, that's way faster than actually sitting down to eat haha... many pro strength athletes have to do this) @Hyde i'm pretty sure has as well.

Really though:
2 scoops of whatever protein (something like BSN Syntha-6 is AMAZING for flavor and a lot higher cal than most since it has way more carbs/fat - perfect for you); a couple tbsp of peanutbutter or whatever nut butter you like, a couple tbsp of olive or coconut oil (or whatever other oil... you really wont taste it AT ALL), a couple scoops of ice cream, mix it all in whole milk or fruit juice (depending on flavor combos). You can even add cheap carb powders (gatorade powder or the like) as well.

Basically - if its high cal and you can blend it, you can/should drink it. You can easily get THOUSANDS of calories in a single shake like this. Think along the lines of a smoothie or ice cream shake and you'll get the most cals for the least volume
Thanks man!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spot on. The more you can process your foods the easier it will be, and make sure to drink calories. Add a container of Fairlife milk daily, or cheap regular milk if you tolerate lactose well. Sodas, juice, intra carbs can add cals quick. High cal protein powders.

Ground meat, adding healthy oils, condiments like guacamole and mayo, mashing your potatoes, white/rice pasta, white rice, keep the fiber to things that don’t fill you like oranges, ground flax, etc. Adding something sweet after every meal like a piece of fruit or granola bar is another 500 cals per day of quick carbs.

It will always be tough. You will not be hungry and you are going to have to force it often. I have gained 26lbs in 6 weeks. Almost every night I have to make a mental decision to fight through my last meal. But I am big and strong as ever.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't disagree with anything that hasn't already been stated. There is nothing complicated to it. Just adding a couple Tbsp's of olive oil on top of a salad will net you around 200+ extra calories per day or an even bigger way to think of it is that's an extra 1400 calories a week if eaten daily.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lift heavy and hard.

OP - you can listen to this advice or you can sign up for my super secret training course and EBOOK for $250. Save your $250 haha.

The only thing I would add, in my opinion, is to also keep an eye on your level of exercise. You should be training heavy and hard - but you do not need much of that to gain strength and mass.

Once you trigger growth, any additional exercise just burns more calories and makes recovery longer. A lot of people may disagree with me but if you are truly going all out, you would be surprised at how little you need to do.

To put this in perspective, and this is just what I have found for myself, but I train each body part 4 times in 3 weeks with 1 triple drop set per body part- and I have been seeing the best gains I have ever seen in my life.

Go hard, go home and rest and eat.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Cashews
Eggs
Oats
Peanut butter
Cottage cheese
Fruits
Greek Yogurt
Steak
Ground Chuck
5lbs of Whey @ Walmart for $30(3 scoops a day divided, with oat meal, will add in over 100g of protein and of carbs each day for $15-20 a week)
Milk
Rice
Rice Cakes

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Find a loaf of bread and go to town on pb & j. Make sure to meet protein requirements for the day though.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Find a loaf of bread and go to town on pb & j. Make sure to meet protein requirements for the day though.
^ this, pb and j sandwich and a glass of cold milk is delicious and nothing puts weight on me faster, if you just want to gain any kind of weight chuck one in after every meal and it'll come

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will add, if you have too low of an appetite to consume adequate food MK677 is a great appetite raiser, just watch blood glucose levels.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well first and foremost, have realistic expectations. 31 lbs is not going to happen in 2-3 years as a natty and isn’t going to happen either in 6 months even if you were on the craziest drugs ever. There’s only so much someone can gain in a short period of time. The only way you went from 169 to 200 in 6 months is if you went from 9% to 22% (fat as ****). Set yourself a goal like reaching 180 lbs relatively lean. Then eat, eat and eat more until you wanna vomit and then eat more. Clean quality food. And eat more.

Whriley67

Awards
Well first and foremost, have realistic expectations. 31 lbs is not going to happen in 2-3 years as a natty and isn’t going to happen either in 6 months even if you were on the craziest drugs ever. There’s only so much someone can gain in a short period of time. The only way you went from 169 to 200 in 6 months is if you went from 9% to 22% (fat as ****). Set yourself a goal like reaching 180 lbs relatively lean. Then eat, eat and eat more until you wanna vomit and then eat more. Clean quality food. And eat more.
Why would you say peds won’t get you there
I did my first ever test e run 12 weeks should have stopped at 10
Dieted down to 171 to lose fat from a high of 185
After 10 weeks I touched 200 pre bowel movement 199 was my heaviest post BM
I ate 3400 calories a day
Started 171 6’ 53 yrs old
Last pin was end of April and today nearly all water weight is gone I’m 192
The weight gained was along side losing about 5% bf so from 171 to 199 (28 pounds while losing fat)
It can be done
I used a PHUL program added krealkalyn, citruline Malate, carnitine tartrate and protien drinks and protein bars the bars are small and 200 calories 5 a day are easy to get down and adds 1000 calories

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why would you say peds won’t get you there
I did my first ever test e run 12 weeks should have stopped at 10
Dieted down to 171 to lose fat from a high of 185
After 10 weeks I touched 200 pre bowel movement 199 was my heaviest post BM
I ate 3400 calories a day
Started 171 6’ 53 yrs old
Last pin was end of April and today nearly all water weight is gone I’m 192
The weight gained was along side losing about 5% bf so from 171 to 199 (28 pounds while losing fat)
It can be done
I used a PHUL program added krealkalyn, citruline Malate, carnitine tartrate and protien drinks and protein bars the bars are small and 200 calories 5 a day are easy to get down and adds 1000 calories
After reading this I officially announce you a lost cause.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if someone else has mentioned this, but I've found that overcooking oats, then blending the sh*t out of them with some milk, then drinking them down is a great way to ingest way more than I can eat.

My appetite has always been a weak point, but I can swallow 8-10 boiled eggs with milk, then drink 2-3 cups of those blended oats in a way that I could never get down if I had to chew and swallow the lot. Follow with a big bowl of cereal and you can have 1500 Cal down in a hurry 20 mins after you crawl out of bed.

Every couple of weeks I'll cross the line and throw some of it up trying to suck down the last of that oat smoothie, but that's showbiz baby.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry if someone else has mentioned this, but I've found that overcooking oats, then blending the sh*t out of them with some milk, then drinking them down is a great way to ingest way more than I can eat.

My appetite has always been a weak point, but I can swallow 8-10 boiled eggs with milk, then drink 2-3 cups of those blended oats in a way that I could never get down if I had to chew and swallow the lot. Follow with a big bowl of cereal and you can have 1500 Cal down in a hurry 20 mins after you crawl out of bed.

Every couple of weeks I'll cross the line and throw some of it up trying to suck down the last of that oat smoothie, but that's showbiz baby.
^This man gets what it can take for some.

Respect

Olderoo

Olderoo

Awards
I’m 169lbs and 6’3 I want to be 200lbs hopefully by end of year. I have about 8% bf, so I’m ok with gaining fat with it.
Easy done with a gallon a milk a day if you plan it with variations

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
^ This has worked for me as well. In addition to a post-workout shake and banana, I usually drink at least a half a gallon of milk per day. Easy way to get in those calories and some easy protein if you tolerate lactose well.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
GOMAD

Buy cheap walmart protein to save money.. get a blender if you don't have one.. mix in protein with whole milk, with a banana, with peanut butter, with olive oil... with ice cream if you're really skinny.

Hell, throw in a cookie if you're seriously underweight.. Don't make a habit of eating junk, but get your calories in. Order some pizza, eat an entire pizza.

Peanut butter jelly sandwishes. Brown rice. Potatoes. Ramen noodles (I like to add a can of tuna in there and then some oil)

Of course you need to train hard to build muscle, but I know when I first started lifting I was a skinny f*** and way underweight. I could eat junk all day and not get fat. It was hard for me to put on size. I'm not saying to eat nothing but junk, but feel free to indulge on some to make it easier to get all the calories you need. Once you start putting on bodyfat I would cut that junk out, but until then, train hard and eat everything.

Warner6419

Awards
Hi, if you want to gain more mass then you have to eat chicken, fish, meat, yogurt, heavy cream, bananas, oats, cheese and some healthy shakes which helps you to increase your mass more quickly.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m 169lbs and 6’3 I want to be 200lbs hopefully by end of year. I have about 8% bf, so I’m ok with gaining fat with it. I don’t expect it to be all muscle, yes 30ish lbs is going to be hard. I’m a “hard gainer” last time I gained nice weight I was force eating 4500-5000cal.
your profile says you're 4'7" lol

Breandan

Awards
How is your progress mate?

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
How is your progress mate?
Since this post I’ve made it up to 225 at my max weight and have been staying 195 - 200lbs consistently at 10-12 bfp. No longer working out 3x a day as I was in college at the time, but still hitting the gym 3-4x a week.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Since this post I’ve made it up to 225 at my max weight and have been staying 195 - 200lbs consistently at 10-12 bfp. No longer working out 3x a day as I was in college at the time, but still hitting the gym 3-4x a week.
We're pretty similar .....
I've gained 63 pounds over the last 10 months, myself.... And my body fat is down around 8%.
We rockin' bruh!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We're pretty similar .....
I've gained 63 pounds over the last 10 months, myself.... And my body fat is down around 8%.
We rockin' bruh!
I only gained 61pounds at 9%. Can I still be in the club?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I only gained 61pounds at 9%. Can I still be in the club?
Okaayyyy.... But you gotta work on it.
.... The Club leader gained 123, and is sitting at 6 1/2%.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can somebody show me the way then? Cause I’m pretty sure I’m doing every from diet to training to having 0 life outside of bbing and I’m only gaining 7–8-9 lbs of tissue a year.. while abusing steroids. I suppose I suck no need to say anything I get it

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can somebody show me the way then? Cause I’m pretty sure I’m doing every from diet to training to having 0 life outside of bbing and I’m only gaining 7–8-9 lbs of tissue a year.. while abusing steroids. I suppose I suck no need to say anything I get it
Okay I won’t say anything. But yeah, you suck!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The difference between you and 99% of ppl is that your gaining 7-8lbs of actual muscle and most other guys are just gaining 7-8 total lbs. They dont know the difference between gaining weight and gaining muscle

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The difference between you and 99% of ppl is that your gaining 7-8lbs of actual muscle and most other guys are just gaining 7-8 total lbs. They dont know the difference between gaining weight and gaining muscle
Thanks bro love u 😇🥰🥰