I hope I represented us well.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Well after watching the documentary I discussed here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/146135-must-watch.html

I wrote to the Tyler Hooten Foundation, which blames, AAS/PH for his suicide (even though he was clinically diagnosed with depression and was prescribed Lexapro, far before he took AAS.) Keep in mind this kid was 16. Well the foundation is run by his father and he has testified before Congress and done numorous things to keep the public "safe". Anyway this is our discussion, feel free to read and let me know if you think I was too much of an arse or if I came across well.

My first comments were censored from his page and he emailed his response. Please read from bottom first as it posted in most recent to oldest correspondence.

RE:
Mon, February 15, 2010 12:30:21 PMFrom: "Don Hooton, Sr." <[email protected]>Add to Contacts
To: Tyson Boros <[email protected]>

image001.jpg (3KB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your comments.

Let’s just agree to disagree on this one.

Sincerely,

Donald M. Hooton

President

Taylor Hooton Foundation

7713 Thistledown Dr.

McKinney, TX 75071

972-403-7300

214-725-9590 (cell)

Educating Americas Youth About the Dangers of Anabolic Steroids and Appearance and Performance Enhancing Drugs - Taylor Hooton Foundation

"It's not what happens to you that makes you who you are, it's how you handle it and what you do with it that matters."

Become Friends of the THF on Facebook

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 12:26 PM
To: Don Hooton, Sr.
Subject: Re:

Mr. Hooten,

I appreciate your swift response. In response to your point against HGH, many things taken irresponsibly can become killers. What about responsible use? What about the majority of those who use it and do it safely every day? Those who do anything in ignorantly large amounts can and will suffer the consequences. You can die from over use of any number of vitamins, pain medications, sleep aids, and so on an so forth. Are we going to outlaw daily multivitamins? You also fail to address alcohol. If you wish to keep children safe from the adult world, it is fair to say alcohol kills an obscene number of kids a year. Why not broaden our horizon to teen suicide, not teen suicide because of "steroid" usage. Your information is slightly incorrect because I can still obtain oral pro hormones from any number of sources legally. If your (and those like you) goal was to educate on the danger and provide a balanced representation of AAS/PH usage, then we would have no argument, but the fact remains you provide this propoganda to youths with the scare effect. Similar to the other scare tactics such as, "you go to hell if you have sex".

Our performance enhancers were legal, until those like you, testified with bias and without concrete evidence. In a sports world, such as baseball, football. etc. you have my full support. Some should not be allowed to compete with such an advantage, while others compete naturally. In private citizens daily lives, the government (and yourself) have no right to tell me what I can and cannot put in my body. What if you needed a sleep aid to obtain any meaningful rest, well sleep aids are dangerous and I make it my mission to go to Congress and get them banned. Do my feelings resonate with you? Of course not. Just a backwards society where people feel that they need to crusade for a minor issue, while glaring ones stare us in the face. Why do you not also attack the laws regarding motorcycle helmets? Many more teens die every year in crashes when an obvious lack of a common sense law allows this to continue. I don't want to see my government turn into Orwell's 1984 Mr. Hooten. Where you are proding us is only another step along the way of getting us there.

Regards,

Tyson Boros

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, February 15, 2010 11:58:56 AM
Subject:

Thank you for your comments made on our web site. I am happy that you stopped by to visit.

Mr. Boros, if you are such a strong proponent of steroid use, then why don’t you and your fellow users use your energy to work to get this drug legalized instead of wasting your time attacking us for trying to keep kids away from these illegal drugs. As I am certain that you know already, use of anabolic steroids without a legitimate prescription is illegal, a felony in most jurisdictions. Until a public debate is held and these drugs are legalized, we will continue to wage our war against steroid use by high school students.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Note: Just because HGH is a naturally occurring substance does not mean that taking excessive amounts of these drugs is not dangerous. Also, please note that possession of HGH without a LEGITIMATE prescription is illegal. Also note, that a prescription for anything other than a deficient pituitary malady is not considered a legitimate prescription.

Sincerely,

Donald M. Hooton

President

Taylor Hooton Foundation

7713 Thistledown Dr.

McKinney, TX 75071

972-403-7300

214-725-9590 (cell)

Educating Americas Youth About the Dangers of Anabolic Steroids and Appearance and Performance Enhancing Drugs - Taylor Hooton Foundation

"It's not what happens to you that makes you who you are, it's how you handle it and what you do with it that matters."

Become Friends of the THF on Facebook

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
you have to feel for this gentlemen because he lost a child, but it does seem he is waging a war that he doesnt know anything about. I did notice that the guys in "bigger, stronger, faster" very tactfully made him look like an idiot. But long story short...yes his boy used steroids and yes he killed himself when he came off. As i understand it though taylor had some dperession problems to start with. Mabye the foundation should be against troubled kids not running a pct? Kids with depression probs and such using steroids and not running a pct is definately a volatile mixture.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
hey dude, IMO u did nothing wrong. Mooch is right though you do have to feel for the guy about losing his kid. However, he does make it seem as though steroids were the main cause, which it most likely wasn't. with a teen suicide you have to look at home life, school life, public settings & friends. not to mention this kid was also on a slew of anti-depressant and anxiety meds, which one like mentioned before is Lexapro, which has the highest rate of inducing suicide in teens out of any anti-depressant medication. you did right.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about responsible use? What about the majority of those who use it and do it safely every day? Those who do anything in ignorantly large amounts can and will suffer the consequences.

Your information is slightly incorrect because I can still obtain oral pro hormones from any number of sources legally. If your (and those like you) goal was to educate on the danger and provide a balanced representation of AAS/PH usage, then we would have no argument, but the fact remains you provide this propoganda to youths with the scare effect.

Our performance enhancers were legal, until those like you, testified with bias and without concrete evidence. In a sports world, such as baseball, football. etc. you have my full support. Some should not be allowed to compete with such an advantage, while others compete naturally. In private citizens daily lives, the government (and yourself) have no right to tell me what I can and cannot put in my body.
Let's look at your statement.

Qualify and quantify "responsible" and "safely"? You have no idea what is in these OTC products and if it is indeed what the label claims you still have no idea if it is safe.

Your argument for freedom to do what you want and not to blame his suicide on streoid use is a fair one but trying to convine him or myself for that matter that taking a product with unknown content from unscrupulous manufacturers in ignorant. Taking an unknown steroid product whose content happens to match the label nomenclature is no less ignorant.

Again, the argument that steroids did not "cause" his suicide is a reasonable one but claiming that the OTC steroid you are buying and using is safe and responsible is a falacy.

Please keep in mind your opinion does not represent "us". It represents the opinion that you share with those of like mindedness.

I mean no disrespect.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
No disrespect taken. In my email correspondence with Mr. Hooten I never said that I have ever taken OTC steroids. I said I could purchase them legally if I wanted to. I have actually never taken any AAS/PH, however I have researched them and I have left the door open to the possibility of trying a cycle of something in the future. I also read this forum religiously so I do not ever buy anything "unscrupulous". This thread was posted in the anabolics section of the forum because of the thoughts of the like minded people here, thus my use of "us". Anything, including Tylenol, if taken improperly has harsh consequences.

amicold

Awards
You might as well be talking to a wall the man has obviously lost some sanity since he lost his son and he needs a scapegoat to cope.