I have suffered from Gyno my whole life and just got my bloodwork done

manb00bs

Awards
I would really appreciate your guys' input on my situation. Bloodwork below.

I am 6' 4" 255lbs and age 28. I have had man boobs my whole life but its recently started getting really bad. I have lost weight recently and the boobs are not going away, in fact they look worse because the rest of me is shrinking and my chest isn't. So i went to the doctor and she refered me to a breast health doctor who ran some bloodwork:

total T = 407
free T = 63.5
DHEAA = 414
Estrogen = 56.6 total

The doctor said this is normal levels, but to me the estrogen seems very high, especially for a relatively lower testosterone level. Seems disproportionate and imbalanced to me, but maybe you guys could weigh in. The doctor is recommending surgery to remove the excess fat in my chest, which I am for, however I'd also like to address the hormone imbalance if thats actually a thing in my case. Again, I could really use your guys help to find out where I am at realistically rather than if its considered "normal" by my doctors (their range of normal is very broad).

I should also mention that I just started taking Finasteride (DHT blocker for hair loss) a couple days ago (after my bloodwork was taken, not before) even though my GP told me its probably not a good idea with my existing gyno condition. I weighed the risks and rewards and decided that keeping my hair was more important. If you guys have any comments about this i'd love to hear them as well!

Thank you guys so much. Pic below:

boobs.jpg

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey dude. My levels were very similar to yours when I was prescribed TRT at 27. My test was only a few points lower. E2 was the same.

Since then I’ve been on TRT for about a year and a half and it’s changed my life for the most part.

My levels as of last lab report are

I started at

T: 380
E2: 52

Now

T: 960
E2: 28

These are definitely not optimal levels for your age. I’d get a second opinion from someone who specializes in male hormones

P.s finasteride is kinda nasty for estrogen levels. Blocking DHT only allows your test to convert to one other hormone which is E2.

DHT has health benefits within itself.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I would really appreciate your guys' input on my situation. Bloodwork below.

I am 6' 4" 255lbs and age 28. I have had man boobs my whole life but its recently started getting really bad. I have lost weight recently and the boobs are not going away, in fact they look worse because the rest of me is shrinking and my chest isn't. So i went to the doctor and she refered me to a breast health doctor who ran some bloodwork:

total T = 407
free T = 63.5
DHEAA = 414
Estrogen = 56.6 total

The doctor said this is normal levels, but to me the estrogen seems very high, especially for a relatively lower testosterone level. Seems disproportionate and imbalanced to me, but maybe you guys could weigh in. The doctor is recommending surgery to remove the excess fat in my chest, which I am for, however I'd also like to address the hormone imbalance if thats actually a thing in my case. Again, I could really use your guys help to find out where I am at realistically rather than if its considered "normal" by my doctors (their range of normal is very broad).

I should also mention that I just started taking Finasteride (DHT blocker for hair loss) a couple days ago (after my bloodwork was taken, not before) even though my GP told me its probably not a good idea with my existing gyno condition. I weighed the risks and rewards and decided that keeping my hair was more important. If you guys have any comments about this i'd love to hear them as well!

Thank you guys so much.
Im no professional but im pretty sure youre estrogen is pretty high... That doesn't seem right to me. It really blows my mind what some doctors will say is normal. Idk hopefully some more experienced guys will chime in. Ive also heard that finasteride isnt good stuff. Dont have any first hand experience there though

manb00bs

Awards
Thanks Drejb. I have edited my original post with a picture. I know its not pretty... :(

manb00bs

Awards
Hey dude. My levels were very similar to yours when I was prescribed TRT at 27. My test was only a few points lower. E2 was the same.

Since then I’ve been on TRT for about a year and a half and it’s changed my life for the most part.

My levels as of last lab report are

I started at

T: 380
E2: 52

Now

T: 960
E2: 28

These are definitely not optimal levels for your age. I’d get a second opinion from someone who specializes in male hormones

P.s finasteride is kinda nasty for estrogen levels. Blocking DHT only allows your test to convert to one other hormone which is E2.

DHT has health benefits within itself.
Thanks man...I added a picture :scared1:

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man...I added a picture :scared1:
Not to worry man. I’ve seen bigger titties.

A good doc will fix you right up. Took me a long time to find one but do not regret it.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Continue training and dieting for a while until you hit your target weight. Your hormone levels aren’t crazy out of whack and they’ll improve as your body composition improves. You may just be one of those unfortunate guys who holds fat in the pec area pretty easily but it should begin to go away as you lose fat overall. Now if you get down to 215-20 and you still don’t see improvement then that’s a serious issue and trt could be your answer. But it’s a little early to jump the gun and hop on trt now when your still far away from getting lean or at least being in the healthy range for body fat. I know guys who hold fat in atypical places easily, like this one guy who is just slightly overweight but for some reason holds a lot of fat in his neck, especially the back of the neck. It’s just genetic. But don’t panic too much now. Just enjoy the process of getting healthy, and the positive feeling it gives you. THE END

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Continue training and dieting for a while until you hit your target weight. Your hormone levels aren’t crazy out of whack and they’ll improve as your body composition improves. You may just be one of those unfortunate guys who holds fat in the pec area pretty easily but it should begin to go away as you lose fat overall. Now if you get down to 215-20 and you still don’t see improvement then that’s a serious issue and trt could be your answer. But it’s a little early to jump the gun and hop on trt now when your still far away from getting lean or at least being in the healthy range for body fat. I know guys who hold fat in atypical places easily, like this one guy who is just slightly overweight but for some reason holds a lot of fat in his neck, especially the back of the neck. It’s just genetic. But don’t panic too much now. Just enjoy the process of getting healthy, and the positive feeling it gives you. THE END
Yep this is really solid advice bro. As someone who was very overweight (and therefore had man titties) and who then lost 140lbs and now has the loose skin with some residual fat in that area, I can honestly say it’s worth getting your weight down further before you make long term life decisions.

Bear in mind that subcutaneous fat is also the hardest (and last) to go.

I’ve had dexa scans put me at 10% bf but the vast majority is sub q meaning I still have man boobs to some extent.

What I’m finding though is as I add lean mass, then reduce bf a bit the aesthetics are slowly improving. It’s a long journey. Your a bit younger than me so you might find the skin elasticity is better and the improvements are quicker. There’s a good chance you’ll always have loose skin in that area but that can also be a reminder of how far you’ve come......

Keep on pushing hard in the gym and enjoying looking after your health and you will see progress brother.

Good luck on your journey

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established

Solid advice

I should have mentioned that when my hormones were out of whack, my body fat was still quite low.

Cheers

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hard to tell if you really even have gyno tbh. Looks more like fat. And yea, your estrogen is definitely high considering your test levels.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
You’re doctor is a complete idiot and at the very least you need to bring estrogen down to around 20. Tbh you’d want Test no lower than 6-700 in my opinion. Work with a doctor who is knowledgeable and cares about you; not your current one

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Diet down, lower estrogen. If boobs don't improve you can try raloxifene. There's an open thread right now here, check it out.

As for the low T, are you training? Are youin caloric deficit or surplus? Long term dieting can bring your t levels down. High e2 would imply high shbg levels. Those can be lowerd with lot's of stuff. Including Ai's, which would be beneficial for you to take (aromasin) for your e2 levels anyway. But do check this stuff with your endo, to see why your TT is low. It's one thing to have low free T but a nother to have low TT.