I hate when Supplement Companies do this...

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone else noticed these practices by supp companies...
I’ve always liked Man Sports products so when they came out with Brain Bridge, I quickly purchased two tubs based on its ingredients profile.
In their first run, Man Sports advertised using trademarked AlphaSize (Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline). After using two tubs and loving it, I decided to purchase two more tubs. When I received my second two tubs I noticed a different batch/lot number on the bottles as well as a very different consistency powder inside.
I wondered why the power had a different consistency so I looked at the facts panel of the second batch only to notice they switched to regular Alpha-GPC (a generic brand I’m assuming)
Does anyone else think this is shady business/marketing practice? I love MAN Sports and their products but I hate that they did this. It doesn’t sit well with me as it makes me lose respect for the company. They clearly make a big deal to market its initial run with trademarked Alphasize Alpha-GPC only to switch to a generic Alpha-GPC once they’re done marketing their first run with the better quality ingredient.
ANS Performance did the same with their preworkout Ritual a few years back. They advertised patented ingredients in their initial run and then switched to regular generic ingredients a few runs later.
I’m a person that prefers to pay a little extra when I know I’m getting better quality trademarked/patented ingredients in a product. When a company tries to pull a quick one like that on its customers, it has me seriously contemplating their ethics.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I dont know what to say since I like MAN sports also and just bought 2 bottles of PR-XT. I

I'm DYING to find out why companies do this too.

Ill NEVER understand why supplement companies do this.
Its what ive been saying about PES for so long.

Apparently this is common practice. Makes me want to open up my own supplement company.

The only thing I can think of is cost. Yeah sure it's okay to start up a supplement company with a few supplements using super high grade ingredients that don't cost you much at first but when you become very popular and people start buying it more it may become too much to buy versus how much you get back

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
generic versus name brand.....I've been arguing for years that generic pharmaceuticals are not as good as name brand.

apparently we have the same conversation here?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I dont know what to say since I like MAN sports also and just bought 2 bottles of PR-XT. I

I'm DYING to find out why companies do this too.

Ill NEVER understand why supplement companies do this.
Its what ive been saying about PES for so long.

Apparently this is common practice. Makes me want to open up my own supplement company.

The only thing I can think of is cost. Yeah sure it's okay to start up a supplement company with a few supplements using super high grade ingredients that don't cost you much at first but when you become very popular and people start buying it more it may become too much to buy versus how much you get back
You would think that if a product became more popular and the company had to buy more of the ingredients at a time then the cost of them would at worst stay the same but probably decrease.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
Yeah i just have no idea why companies do this. And to think they've been doing these things for years and years to people

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Most likely this is a cost issue. Some companies are very tight as to what their profit margins need to be per item, and some leave very little wiggle room for if prices increase.

Shady? Not if they disclose the change. Shady is when a company intentionally misinforms or deceives IMO

Annoying? Sure, especially if the branded version offers some sort of enhanced effect or whatever. That's not always the case, however.

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I understand why more people are going to real hormonal/prohormone supplements you cant really trust much of anything past hormonals.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand why more people are going to real hormonal/prohormone supplements you cant really trust much of anything past hormonals.
Can you trust every hormonal/PH brand/product though?

Johnold

Johnold

Awards
I don't trust any company anymore really. Probably except for maybe controlled labs. Im enjoying radiate tho so that includes RXS. They seem like a great company and have superb products.