xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm officially fat as faulk. anyone else let things get away from them these last couple yrs.?

on top of all the gyms closing and other things I have developed a winged scapula (fun)

Today Ima start my journey back to fitness. Hopefully less all the drugs. I admit that Its a lot easier to make things happen with PEDs. I need to lose 50 lbs. to be ripped but would be totally happy losing 40. I need to do this (as close as possible) to June.

I will use some of the supplements I enjoy most like Ursa Major.

maybe some of that new Lean Edge stuff from SNS.

Is anyone else starting up again for the new yr?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have one at the kid's house, and here I have a pro set of power blocks and an incline bench here at the house. I unfortunately won't be doing any back squats anytime soon because of my shoulder, but I can still bench (I think) obviously I am hoping to loosen up that impingement as I go. first things first will be burpees and maybe pushups & sit ups this week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Buy a safety squat bar. I have two friends who cannot squat without one but have zero issues using it. Also nice for not losing your grip on lunges and good mornings. Titan makes the absolute best bang for buck at around $300, but if you aren’t going to be loading up more than 2-300lbs you can get a super cheapo for almost half the price. The cheap ones mainly just get whippy with bigger weights.

My shoulders are fine for squats and I still love using mine! Makes it quite high bar position so it builds some extra upper back strength & requires less weight on the bar. Also tends to be more upright so a bit more quad-focused.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Buy a safety squat bar. I have two friends who cannot squat without one but have zero issues using it. Also nice for not losing your grip on lunges and good mornings. Titan makes the absolute best bang for buck at around $300, but if you aren’t going to be loading up more than 2-300lbs you can get a super cheapo for almost half the price. The cheap ones mainly just get whippy with bigger weights.

My shoulders are fine for squats and I still love using mine! Makes it quite high bar position so it builds some extra upper back strength & requires less weight on the bar. Also tends to be more upright so a bit more quad-focused.
dude i've been eyein some of that new titan shiot including that bar! lulz

but yea for right meow dipping my toes in the water to build up a little base.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was 240 6 months ago as result from eating a ton of food, hitting the gym less and drinking beer bc of covid lockdowns and BS. Jacked but fat too

I started intermittent fasting. I don't eat after 8pm. And then I skip breakfast every day the following day and eat lunch at 12-1pm. I did my scripted HGH for 3 months at 3iu in the am and then some carnitine and some Cardarine in the am. I ate super super high protein meals. Cut out any carbs and fats. Cut sugars, cut alcohol.

I increased my rep ranges on all workouts, decreased my rep ranges, decreased my rest periods, increased my cardio, increased my water intake.

I went from 240-200 in about 2-2.5 months with ease.

Easy peasy if you do something like this> You just gotta be strict.

Right now I am doing a log for turkesterone by IML. Reason why is I tend to get unmotivated in my old age , 43. I dont compete anymore and don't have that competitive edge. I have 3 kids, a busy life and busy job.

I have had thousands of clients and I tell them the same thing. MONEY is a huge motivator and so is a supplement or compounds etc.

Spend the money on some new products or new clothes to fit into. Find a way to motivate yourself to a goal, and that very well may help.

For me a new supplement, or in the past a cycle would motivate the hell outta me. This is a tried and true method and I hope anything I spoke about here helps you. Good luck.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I really want to switch to the safety bar but it feels like it makes me lower back round. Any tips? I’ve noticed since going back to barbell squats that my wrist are having pain which is why I’d like to utilize the safety bar one week and barbell another

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm officially fat as faulk. anyone else let things get away from them these last couple yrs.?

on top of all the gyms closing and other things I have developed a winged scapula (fun)

Today Ima start my journey back to fitness. Hopefully less all the drugs. I admit that Its a lot easier to make things happen with PEDs. I need to lose 50 lbs. to be ripped but would be totally happy losing 40. I need to do this (as close as possible) to June.

get it , bro. You’re not the only one it hurt. I myself noticed since everything has changed, my mind has become a lil 🥴🥴🥴 lol

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was 240 6 months ago as result from eating a ton of food, hitting the gym less and drinking beer bc of covid lockdowns and BS. Jacked but fat too

I started intermittent fasting. I don't eat after 8pm. And then I skip breakfast every day the following day and eat lunch at 12-1pm. I did my scripted HGH for 3 months at 3iu in the am and then some carnitine and some Cardarine in the am. I ate super super high protein meals. Cut out any carbs and fats. Cut sugars, cut alcohol.

I increased my rep ranges on all workouts, decreased my rep ranges, decreased my rest periods, increased my cardio, increased my water intake.

I went from 240-200 in about 2-2.5 months with ease.

Easy peasy if you do something like this> You just gotta be strict.

Right now I am doing a log for turkesterone by IML. Reason why is I tend to get unmotivated in my old age , 43. I dont compete anymore and don't have that competitive edge. I have 3 kids, a busy life and busy job.

I have had thousands of clients and I tell them the same thing. MONEY is a huge motivator and so is a supplement or compounds etc.

Spend the money on some new products or new clothes to fit into. Find a way to motivate yourself to a goal, and that very well may help.

For me a new supplement, or in the past a cycle would motivate the hell outta me. This is a tried and true method and I hope anything I spoke about here helps you. Good luck.
WTF??? Thats awesome! really wish you youngsters would stop refering to yourselves as old tho!
edit: how much cardio did you do?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really want to switch to the safety bar but it feels like it makes me lower back round. Any tips? I’ve noticed since going back to barbell squats that my wrist are having pain which is why I’d like to utilize the safety bar one week and barbell another
Well, you have to fight to stay upright and hold your position. You have to focus extra on locking the lats down, driving the neck back into the pad & keeping the chest up on the descent - and then driving it back hard when you begin to reverse the weight and drive with the legs. All cues that make a good squat regardless, but the bar exposes if you get lazy with your torso.

You can also keep your hands on the pad for a more honest feedback from the bar. If you hold the handles you can cheat by pushing the bar up if you have to.

Also consider wrapping your wrists lightly for barbell squats, and make sure the bar isn’t excessively low or your hands excessively close.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
WTF??? Thats awesome! really wish you youngsters would stop refering to yourselves as old tho!
edit: how much cardio did you do?
20 mins 3-5x a week not to mention "Cardio" with the misses LOL.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

What about a healthy competition where money is involved or toss in a supplement in your own stash and Anabolic Minds Votes on who did best. Either way everyone is a winner. I wanna get down to 220-210 before middle of April and ideally 199 by June.

I am sure your fat is different than me fat haha

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What about a healthy competition where money is involved or toss in a supplement in your own stash and Anabolic Minds Votes on who did best. Either way everyone is a winner. I wanna get down to 220-210 before middle of April and ideally 199 by June.

I am sure your fat is different than me fat haha
naw I'm in pretty bad shape. like I was 20 some yrs. ago when I decided to eat for two while my wife was prego~

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
but I'm never against a healthy comp and brother you know I has some sups laying around!

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, you have to fight to stay upright and hold your position. You have to focus extra on locking the lats down, driving the neck back into the pad & keeping the chest up on the descent - and then driving it back hard when you begin to reverse the weight and drive with the legs. All cues that make a good squat regardless, but the bar exposes if you get lazy with your torso.

You can also keep your hands on the pad for a more honest feedback from the bar. If you hold the handles you can cheat by pushing the bar up if you have to.

Also consider wrapping your wrists lightly for barbell squats, and make sure the bar isn’t excessively low or your hands excessively close.
I'll keep my core tighter next time I try it out ! Or try putting my hands on the pad.

Lost my last pair of wrist wraps :(. But, need to invest in some more for squats

God bless

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
naw I'm in pretty bad shape. like I was 20 some yrs. ago when I decided to eat for two while my wife was prego~
I hear ya man. I am not the heaviest but definitely the softest and fattest I have ever been in my life.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think after COVID released us from quarantine a lot of us went out and enjoyed. I know I did. Especially when I’ve been mostly out of commission from shoulder and bicep surgery. We all need to just need to pull up the sweats and get back in the game.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
because of covid there's also tons of new home exercise plans on the internet. most of them require very minimal equipment

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yea.. I kinda reached my limit.. I hold all my fat in true beer belly fashion. I have a bubble on me belly and its not a good look 💩

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
To be honest I'm envious of the beer belly. I hold mine like a woman. My butt, legs, and hips. Makes for GREAT love handles.

The Whizard

The Whizard

Awards
  • Established
Well enough. I stopped "drinking calories" at a young age. Has done wondering for keeping weight under control. I also have found sugar is incredibly addicting. As long as I don't start I don't have to stop either. These two things have always allowed me to remain "skinny" by American standards. That said I filled out to a "skinny-fat" during the COVID.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are lots of free apps for tracking macros etc but I am using Layne Nortons Carbon Diet Coach anyways. I like him and his product, and his group on FB. I also like really really buckling down and trying to achieve EXACTLY the number of pro/cho/fat that he has prescribed for me.

yesterday I had to figure out like 6g of pro, a few g of fat, and 4g of cho to hit all my numbers perfect. I made an adjustment on the scale of chicken, added a couple gummy multivitamins for the carbs, and had another serving of fish oil to hit the fat.

honestly, it's sorta made hitting my macros a game, and eating clean makes it harder cause 2k calories clean is a hell of a lot harder than 4k cals dirty, IMO.

Last year I dropped from 190 to 174 with 178 being my body's avg weight/maintenance. This year went up to 187 over the holidays. But instead of crash dieting at like 1500 cals or less with splurging on the weekend (not the same as binging, IMO), I'm really sticking to this macros calculator he has and I feel like I'm doing a better job of preserving muscle while cutting fat. I'm super impressed by the results when I don't just go into a starvation diet, lol.

You're not alone man!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
love your post bro! I agree with everything

I myself always try to exhaust all options as I go before adding supps or taking away cals. Dieting can be very tactful or a mess. The best I do is slow and controlled and not too fast. besides then the skin adjusts with me.

welcome to the group~

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
love your post bro! I agree with everything

I myself always try to exhaust all options as I go before adding supps or taking away cals. Dieting can be very tactful or a mess. The best I do is slow and controlled and not too fast. besides then the skin adjusts with me.

welcome to the group~
Thanks man, I like my evening bourbon but my wife and I had enough sugar in the cocktails over NYE on a weekend getaway that by Sunday I was like nope. feeling all puffy in the face and retaining water to the point that my wedding ring was getting a little tight lol. so it made the switch really easy. I've always known what my macros and calories should be, but in the past I always set it as a "max" rather than an accurate number. if I came in 500+ calories under, I didn't mind.

that always led me back to the same "cut" weight on the scale... OK that's fine. But if I do it RIGHT and TRUST the system, then I can still burn that fat, preserve some muscle mass and look like a guy who's actually lifted for the last 20 years instead of some anorexic Abercrombie model. plus like I said, trying to hit my macros EXACTLY to where i have 3 x "0"s remaining at the end of the day is a fun game sorta. at least it gives me something to shoot for rather than blindly 'dieting'.

remember the first 2 weeks are always the hardest on a cut. especially if you haven't been lifting. you're going to feel puffy, muscles are swelling and retaining water, metabolism is out of week. it passes fast though and suddenly pants fit better, you like the mirror more, you start melting fat.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks man, I like my evening bourbon but my wife and I had enough sugar in the cocktails over NYE on a weekend getaway that by Sunday I was like nope. feeling all puffy in the face and retaining water to the point that my wedding ring was getting a little tight lol. so it made the switch really easy. I've always known what my macros and calories should be, but in the past I always set it as a "max" rather than an accurate number. if I came in 500+ calories under, I didn't mind.

that always led me back to the same "cut" weight on the scale... OK that's fine. But if I do it RIGHT and TRUST the system, then I can still burn that fat, preserve some muscle mass and look like a guy who's actually lifted for the last 20 years instead of some anorexic Abercrombie model. plus like I said, trying to hit my macros EXACTLY to where i have 3 x "0"s remaining at the end of the day is a fun game sorta. at least it gives me something to shoot for rather than blindly 'dieting'.

remember the first 2 weeks are always the hardest on a cut. especially if you haven't been lifting. you're going to feel puffy, muscles are swelling and retaining water, metabolism is out of week. it passes fast though and suddenly pants fit better, you like the mirror more, you start melting fat.
woa woa WOA what bourbon are we drinking?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
honestly double oaked woodford is probably my favorite. Used to love Angels Envy but lately it seems sorta bland and too low in proof. I did splurge on a bottle of Blantons but that stuff was really boring, and way too expensive for how bland the flavor was.

Mom and I go through old forester kicks, they have some great high proof ones like the prohibition blend.

other than that I'll grab a lot of the cheap ones like Elijah Craig, Turkey, Bullit has been much better priced lately, and I'll go back and forth between the bourbon and rye to wake up the pallet a bit.

for really good low budget stuff, the Redneck Riveria by John Rich (big n rich) is really incredible....

the only stuff that still tastes like garbage disposal to me is jack daniels lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So last night against my better judgement I jumped on the scale after a few days of hitting my cals and macros perfectly . I was up 4lbs. I told myself stick with the plan for at least a few weeks and grasp weekly averages, watch measurements and the mirror... trust the system.

Woke up this morning and they were all gone lol.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for the lulz and the love of my fluffy friend, Ripper ;)

ps I highly recommend Lean Edge. Solid product and profile. Maybe stack it with MitoBurn as well.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So last night against my better judgement I jumped on the scale after a few days of hitting my cals and macros perfectly . I was up 4lbs. I told myself stick with the plan for at least a few weeks and grasp weekly averages, watch measurements and the mirror... trust the system.

Woke up this morning and they were all gone lol.
Why would you take any consideration of what you weigh at nighttime after your day of eating and drinking?

Your fasted weight first thing in the AM at a similar time, after using the bathroom in a typical fashion, before drinking water is the closest thing you’re going to get to a consistent baseline. And even that will have fluctuations based on if bowel irregularities occur or dietary, electrolyte or water intake variations (to say nothing of stress or inflammation) the day previous. So you are just looking for trending over time.

And always weigh in similar underwear/clothes or naked. I have some sweatpants that are 2lbs alone!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Why would you take any consideration of what you weigh at nighttime after your day of eating and drinking?

Your fasted weight first thing in the AM at a similar time, after using the bathroom in a typical fashion, before drinking water is the closest thing you’re going to get to a consistent baseline. And even that will have fluctuations based on if bowel irregularities occur or dietary, electrolyte or water intake variations (to say nothing of stress or inflammation) the day previous. So you are just looking for trending over time.

And always weigh in similar underwear/clothes or naked. I have some sweatpants that are 2lbs alone!
mostly out of curiosity. Generally if I do cardio in the evening post workout I weigh equal to or less than my morning weight if I'm on a cut, plus I'm always curious to see how much it changes over night. But my logged weights are always buck ass naked first thing in the morning, before shower, before coffee, after #1, before #2 lol.

it's very normal for me to lose 1lb overnight, and piss out a half lb in the morning lol. so I thought 4lbs overnight was impressive. maybe it's my wife's new heated blanket :LOL:

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL I didn't have one either till I moved in with my wife

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
fat boi burpee with a nice side of crunches and diet. im in it to win it!~ gonna look solid at my girls wedding!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
update: my shoulder is still stalled out, and its kept me from doing much training. I am using ursa major with pretty surprising success.

I have been working on my truck a lot since I dont spend tons of time training like I was. I have an 07 ram I bought new and its just getting old now. swapped out the belt, hoses, and pullies and the radiator. went with an aluminum 3 core. It was about 85% correct. the rest I had to make work. I like working on rigs. do any of u guys enjoy the plural "gear heads" nomenclature?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
update: my shoulder is still stalled out, and its kept me from doing much training. I am using ursa major with pretty surprising success.

I have been working on my truck a lot since I dont spend tons of time training like I was. I have an 07 ram I bought new and its just getting old now. swapped out the belt, hoses, and pullies and the radiator. went with an aluminum 3 core. It was about 85% correct. the rest I had to make work. I like working on rigs. do any of u guys enjoy the plural "gear heads" nomenclature?
I'm just here to support my bro, Rip, on his Covid-fat journey!
:)

277664677_460519885811105_4602829373881771974_n.jpg

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nope. I only know the basics. But since I alson havent trained much due to my back, I have been obsessed with trading in my 08 Tundra Double Cab Tundra for a new Tundra Crewmax for more room for my 3 kids and dog. Holy geez they are expensive. I would go in debt $8-12k for a 2-4 year newer vehicle with more miles than I have currently on mine. The Truck market is nuts!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nope. I only know the basics. But since I alson havent trained much due to my back, I have been obsessed with trading in my 08 Tundra Double Cab Tundra for a new Tundra Crewmax for more room for my 3 kids and dog. Holy geez they are expensive. I would go in debt $8-12k for a 2-4 year newer vehicle with more miles than I have currently on mine. The Truck market is nuts!
Bad time to buy houses or vehicles unnecessarily

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my wife owns a cherry 2018 challenger black top edition, its the 1st car we have ever owned that has went up in value.

also, the car dealers call just about daily to see if she would sell it to them.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hence why I am sinking money into my current rig.

my brothers wife just bought a f150 with a v6 for 60k.

with a v6. . . .

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
hence why I am sinking money into my current rig.

my brothers wife just bought a f150 with a v6 for 60k.

with a v6. . . .
Well the majority of new F150s will have V6s. The only other option is the V8 from the mustang. If you want a truck V8 in an F series anymore, you’d need an HD I’m pretty sure.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well the majority of new F150s will have V6s. The only other option is the V8 from the mustang. If you want a truck V8 in an F series anymore, you’d need an HD I’m pretty sure.
i mean i know how awesome those v6s are... but for 60k. nope.