I got a couple questions about my test and supplements for it

andrewch03

Awards
I’m 19 with low estradiol and low test for a 19 year old, my prolactin is below detection. What should i do? I’ve tried multiple things since i’ve turned 18 but nothing seems to help and my desire to live is dwindling. My SHBG is also high.

I have delt with depression for 3 years and I only recently realized it was likely my testosterone. I’ve never had much motivation or vigor and never had much of a sex drive. I’m gonna be honest I’ve been thinking about suicide for a couple of months now I feel horrible.

I’ve tried so many different things and combinations, and i’ve been tested thrice with my numbers only getting worse.

I had a endo appointment and he basically said that TRT will not be a option until I get older regardless of testosterone and that visit was pricey out of pocket.

I eat a good balanced diet with moderate protein, fat, and carbs. I eat in a caloric surplus as i am trying to bulk.

I weight train 4x a week and sleep 7-9 hours a night. I avoid too much cardio with all of it coming from walking(60 minutes) and jogging(maybe 5-10 mins).

It’s been really hard to put on mass since training since 16, i am virtually only 5 pounds more. Yes I eat a lot, tried bulking 4 times with no success.

My body fat is around 9-10% so I knew i likely didn’t have high estrogen.

Tried: Tongkat, Fenutrax, Boron, Anacyclus, Tribulus, Vitamin D,k, B vitamins, Zinc, Butea Superba, Fadogia, DHEA, DAsparticAcid, Creatine, Nettle, DIM, Luteolin, Magnesium.

My test went from 500 on my first test, to 460, to 305. I started the test boosters after my second test and was tested at 305 on DAA, Zinc, Magnesium, Tongkat, Vitamins D and K and butea superba. I discontinued the others after months with no noticeable difference. The first test was a month after i turned 18, the second was 7 months after that, and the last test was a couple days after i turned 19. I turned 19 two months ago.

I am sourcing these products from reputable companies as well so I am not questioning the product quality.

I’m really just looking for opinions on what I should do supplemental wise as my mental health is really deteriorating more so motivation is gone but i still push through working hard to get better. I’m not worried as much about money as i am about just success in life. Any supplements that you think would be of good use?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Find a trt clinic. Age shouldn’t be a factor if your levels are that low already. What state are you in? Perhaps someone could chime in with reputable ones.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Find a trt clinic. Age shouldn’t be a factor if your levels are that low already. What state are you in? Perhaps someone could chime in with reputable ones.
if he goes trt clinic insurance won't cover it though. I think the reason age is a factor is estrogen could cause growth plates to close early.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can see a lot of things you are doing wrong here. what made you believe your test was low at 500? its not low. its average.
300 might be pretty low from your age standpoint, but with all those supplements haphazardly used with no real clue or idea of what its doing to you. its highly possible you simply have skewed results.

you say your pretty lean naturally, that tells me you are likely a "hard gainer" and while you think you are eating for a bulk, you are sadly nowhere near the point it will take u to succeed.

are you sure you are not just obsessing on your T levels?

I really dont like the idea here, (( I think you need to speak to another endo/clinic)) but, APEX has Hyperion which would likely help you normalize your hormonal profile while taking down your SBGH a notch or two, freeing up some of the test you have.

I will let you in on a little secret. Test levels are personal to you. scratch the numbers in your head that you feel should be right. for you it could be totally different. I myself have what most people would consider low test.. and yet I can grow muscle just fine.

does a high test level really mean that much if you too were able to build muscle with an average test level?
nah probably not.

I think if I was u I would eat so much that you have to take two giant sh17s per day. like 6-10k... do that every day for a couple weeks. get your estrogen and test working normally by not obsessing. rather use this time to purposely overeat with copious amounts of both good and bad fats. train 1 time per week total body over the next two weeks. this should allow your nervous system to kinda reboot and settle down a bit.

keep getting lots of sleep and include a nap each day if possible.

after two weeks is up re-introduce the normal training and adjust your diet to double your current bulking level. do this for another 6 weeks before you back the cals off a little and then think about getting your bloods done again.

stay off all the test boosters though until your 8 week reboot is complete.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
in my personal depression experience, it seems like depression causes the low T. not the other way around. I know there's some weird conditions people can have but I don't think that's what's going on here.

sounds like you need to Jordan Peterson a bit

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
in my personal depression experience, it seems like depression causes the low T. not the other way around. I know there's some weird conditions people can have but I don't think that's what's going on here.

sounds like you need to Jordan Peterson a bit
I was actually going to recomend he looks at several of the OTC methods for squashing depression.. I remember something like 2 grams of tylenol per day for two weeks or something has shown to reduce depression by something like 75%

I dont like the idea of anti depressant meds if avoidable.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You need a Dr. That is going to try to fix the problem before slapping a bandaid on it.

As far as a balanced diet at your age. Your not going to be able to bulk on a balanced diet in a slight surplus. My first successful bulk was at age 17. I'm going to lay it out for you as sloppy as it is just so you can get an idea. Keep in mind at my age now this would not be a great diet but as a teenager it'll work.

Every day I filled up a 1 gallon jug of water and added creatine to it. I made 6 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and 6 cartons of milk. That's over 2000 calories in PBJ and whole milk!

I ate my normal morning breakfast and hit the gym, after the gym I had a protein shake, after the shake I had 2 pbj and a carton of milk. Then I ate lunch, then I had 2 pbj and a carton of milk, then dinner, then 2 pbj and a carton of milk.

What's my point here, I needed about 4000-4500 calories as a active teenager to bulk up from 150-180, increased my bench and squat over 100 lbs in the process.

If I ate like that now at 37 I would get fat but the fact of the mater is.....

If your not building muscle and not gaining weight you're not eating enough food, even with low testosterone if you were eating enough you'll still be building some muscle or at least get fat but if you're not getting bigger and gaining weight you're not eating enough.

I do agree that 300-500 as a teenager is very low, the last 2 time I had my natural testosterone levels checked I was 33 or 34 and they were high 600's (after I quit drinking) and then the low 900's

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was actually going to recomend he looks at several of the OTC methods for squashing depression.. I remember something like 2 grams of tylenol per day for two weeks or something has shown to reduce depression by something like 75%

I really like this yt channel for various psychology issues

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I don't like antidepressants either. I get depressed pretty bad from time to time. One thing I found to help it to be aware and own it.

I'm depressed because.... Or I'm depressed and I don't know why but I will do something that I enjoy to take my mind off it.

I know it's easier said then done.

On a side note, I had a friend kill himself on mother's day, he was very depressed and not happy with his life but would never willing to do anything to change it. If you're aware of it take productive steps to change it!

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
When I was 19 I couldn’t put weight on either….. I ate and ate and ate….. Nothing. I was 165-168 pounds from age 17 until age 22….. at 22 I took 10-15 mags of Dbol a day and gained (and never lost) 10 lbs in one month.

After that I was still a hard gainer but it got easier over time. Through trial and error I’ve learned that calories only help you gain if they are not sugar calories. Very important.

BTW my testosterone is in the 200’s for years now….. If I eat well and sleep a lot I can put on size naturally. I think the issue is that you are just young with a crazy metabolism like I had at your age.