I Freakin' Love APS Mesomorph! *Sponsored Log*

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like the title of the log says, I love Mesomorph. 1 scoop and I'm in the zone and cranking out reps like my life is depending on it! PricePlow just named it their #1 PWO for 2016 for very good reason!
https://blog.priceplow.com/top-10/pre-workout-supplements
I don't use it every day, but I do find that it is exceptional on leg day or any other time I need that extra oomph. However, I will be using it 4-5 days a week for the purposes of this log!

I feel like I need to give a disclaimer here as I am experienced with Mesomorph. Because of that, I can't give a true "initial review." After applying for the new Tutti Frutti flavor, I was very generously sent Rocket Pop by Hi-Tech. Can't really complain about it, though. As you can see, I am already a fan of this flavor!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472478430.997273.jpg

I really like how the different colors of a rocket pop are represented and I do enjoy this flavor very much! Here's some thoughts on it.

Taste/Smell--Upon cracking the tub open, I took a big whiff and got a nice mix of berry and lemon. The taste was even better as there is a little bit of cherry and the lemon is more pronounced. I mixed the 3/4 scoop in about 6 oz of water and while Mesomorph is extremely sippable, there is a bit of bitterness at the end. Not the worst PWO I've tasted by a longshot. But it's not quite kool-aid either. There is a hint of bitterness from the DMAA, but APS has done a great job of masking it. Overall, though, this stuff is pretty close to a melted rocket pop!

Here's an idea of the scoop size. Pictured here with a US quarter.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472478441.616585.jpg

I'm finding myself in an odd place regarding workouts for this log. I'm getting hitched in 6 weeks and picked up a suit for it last night. Therefore, I'm wanting to pretty much stay my current size. If I lose a few pounds, cool. As long as I don't get too much size in the legs or chest. I'm hoping that the steady use of Mesomorph and DMAA's ability to make me sweat like a mutha will make the suit fit even better! I'm thinking I'm going to concentrate on full-body circuit work as opposed to the bodypart -per-day model that I've been doing for the past 6 months. This might change as I tend to get bored with full-body, but that's the plan for now!

I hate tagging bros 'cause I inevitably end up missing people, but for now
bighulksmash thebigt FireTitan smith69

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like the title of the log says, I love Mesomorph. 1 scoop and I'm in the zone and cranking out reps like my life is depending on it! PricePlow just named it their #1 PWO for 2016 for very good reason!
https://blog.priceplow.com/top-10/pre-workout-supplements
I don't use it every day, but I do find that it is exceptional on leg day or any other time I need that extra oomph. However, I will be using it 4-5 days a week for the purposes of this log!

I feel like I need to give a disclaimer here as I am experienced with Mesomorph. Because of that, I can't give a true "initial review." After applying for the new Tutti Frutti flavor, I was very generously sent Rocket Pop by Hi-Tech. Can't really complain about it, though. As you can see, I am already a fan of this flavor!
View attachment 139650

I really like how the different colors of a rocket pop are represented and I do enjoy this flavor very much! Here's some thoughts on it.

Taste/Smell--Upon cracking the tub open, I took a big whiff and got a nice mix of berry and lemon. The taste was even better as there is a little bit of cherry and the lemon is more pronounced. I mixed the 3/4 scoop in about 6 oz of water and while Mesomorph is extremely sippable, there is a bit of bitterness at the end. Not the worst PWO I've tasted by a longshot. But it's not quite kool-aid either. There is a hint of bitterness from the DMAA, but APS has done a great job of masking it. Overall, though, this stuff is pretty close to a melted rocket pop!

Here's an idea of the scoop size. Pictured here with a US quarter.
View attachment 139651

I'm finding myself in an odd place regarding workouts for this log. I'm getting hitched in 6 weeks and picked up a suit for it last night. Therefore, I'm wanting to pretty much stay my current size. If I lose a few pounds, cool. As long as I don't get too much size in the legs or chest. I'm hoping that the steady use of Mesomorph and DMAA's ability to make me sweat like a mutha will make the suit fit even better! I'm thinking I'm going to concentrate on full-body circuit work as opposed to the bodypart -per-day model that I've been doing for the past 6 months. This might change as I tend to get bored with full-body, but that's the plan for now!

I hate tagging bros 'cause I inevitably end up missing people, but for now
bighulksmash thebigt FireTitan smith69
In homie!!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
In for sure!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
In! And you got the best flavor!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I could do half a scoop and I am golden!!!!

IN on this

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in for the #1 pre workout !!..can't say enough good things about Meso

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Certainly an excellent product. As the young folks say..focus is "on fleek"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm in...lotsa love for the meso.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in to follow bro!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great start!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472585949.632253.jpg

Sipping on 1/2 scoop in 20oz ice water for a nice afternoon pick-me-up. Some floaters, but that's never bothered me in a preworkout

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Don't drink and drive!..you'll get a speeding ticket or something

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid start bro.. im in to follow!! :)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I used another PWO I have that falls under the umbrella of Hi-Tech's family. I'm sorry, there's just no comparison. This morning's workout with Mesomorph was so much better and motivated feeling. Endurance on the post-weights cardio was there, strength was there, focus was there. Mesomorph really does take me back to the days when I first discovered PWOs!

After my scheduled week off next week, I'm going to be using it everyday and the log won't be quite as erratic!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Yesterday I used another PWO I have that falls under the umbrella of Hi-Tech's family. I'm sorry, there's just no comparison. This morning's workout with Mesomorph was so much better and motivated feeling. Endurance on the post-weights cardio was there, strength was there, focus was there. Mesomorph really does take me back to the days when I first discovered PWOs!

After my scheduled week off next week, I'm going to be using it everyday and the log won't be quite as erratic!
Hell yeah!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Back in the gym today and found out they've taken some of my favorite equipment out!!

Some construction is going on over the next month. The owner would tell me what is going on but promised I "will love it." They've done some cool things over the past couple years and you still can't beat the location and price, so I'll modify things until they bring the other stuff back.

I've got some big things happening over the next 4-5 weeks and I'm looking forward to Mesomorph helping me set through them. I turn 40 in 3 weeks, perform my best friend's wedding in 4 weeks, and then I'M getting married 3 days after that!!! I'd like to drop 10-12lbs over the next month. I'm going to use Mesomorph to sweat like an ice-cold can of beer on a hot humid day.

I honestly haven't broken the seal on the new tub I was sent. I figure I've got 5-6 servings left in the old tub. So this log will go at least another month.
IMG_1473546703.834498.jpg

Weight was up 8lbs(!) from last Saturday. I didn't really go overboard with eating while out of town this week (except for ice cream and the day of wedding cake tastings.) We ate out every meal. I usually pick carefully regarding nutrition and menus. But for some reason I just said f*** it this week.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for a routine this next month. I feel like I should concentrate on full-body changing up rep schemes T,Tr, S and ab/conditioning/cardio M,W,F. We'll see how it goes!

BTW, current weight is 213lbs. Up from 205 last Saturday. I would normally take some before pics, but I look really chitty at the moment. So instead of starting pics of me. Enjoy this as it's how I felt while rigging up a landmine press today!
tumblr_o0z06nE7kG1sr1zpjo1_1280.jpg

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Back in the gym today and found out they've taken some of my favorite equipment out!!

Some construction is going on over the next month. The owner would tell me what is going on but promised I "will love it." They've done some cool things over the past couple years and you still can't beat the location and price, so I'll modify things until they bring the other stuff back.

I've got some big things happening over the next 4-5 weeks and I'm looking forward to Mesomorph helping me set through them. I turn 40 in 3 weeks, perform my best friend's wedding in 4 weeks, and then I'M getting married 3 days after that!!! I'd like to drop 10-12lbs over the next month. I'm going to use Mesomorph to sweat like an ice-cold can of beer on a hot humid day.

I honestly haven't broken the seal on the new tub I was sent. I figure I've got 5-6 servings left in the old tub. So this log will go at least another month.
View attachment 140052

Weight was up 8lbs(!) from last Saturday. I didn't really go overboard with eating while out of town this week (except for ice cream and the day of wedding cake tastings.) We ate out every meal. I usually pick carefully regarding nutrition and menus. But for some reason I just said f*** it this week.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for a routine this next month. I feel like I should concentrate on full-body changing up rep schemes T,Tr, S and ab/conditioning/cardio M,W,F. We'll see how it goes!

BTW, current weight is 213lbs. Up from 205 last Saturday. I would normally take some before pics, but I look really chitty at the moment. So instead of starting pics of me. Enjoy this as it's how I felt while rigging up a landmine press today!
View attachment 140055
I actually know somebody who does this by the way great ****ing job

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is he trying to increase his taint grip or something?

I appreciate the compliment, man. These next few weeks are going to be rough!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Is he trying to increase his taint grip or something?

I appreciate the compliment, man. These next few weeks are going to be rough!
He is accurately adjusting his gooch replacement therapy by means of laptop and drop

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good Lord, I've got to do better about subscribing to my own threads...

Anyhow. I've dialed back my calories to 1800-2000 per day. I figure that's do-able for 3-4 weeks. Keeping macros at 30c/40p/30f although I've been more like 30/45/25 the past couple of days. I've dropped some major water as I'm already down 7lbs from Monday morning. So as long as I can keep my appetite in check I know I can do this!

Mesomorph has been powering me through these workouts and the DMAA has been helping my appetite a bit. I'm doing a simple Upper/Lower split with extra cardio. Although it galls me to stop chasing strength PRs, I know that this is how it's got to be for the next month!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Good Lord, I've got to do better about subscribing to my own threads...

Anyhow. I've dialed back my calories to 1800-2000 per day. I figure that's do-able for 3-4 weeks. Keeping macros at 30c/40p/30f although I've been more like 30/45/25 the past couple of days. I've dropped some major water as I'm already down 7lbs from Monday morning. So as long as I can keep my appetite in check I know I can do this!

Mesomorph has been powering me through these workouts and the DMAA has been helping my appetite a bit. I'm doing a simple Upper/Lower split with extra cardio. Although it galls me to stop chasing strength PRs, I know that this is how it's got to be for the next month!
About 50.. starting to dial it back too..all I've been doing in life is strength gains..damn sore

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About 50.. starting to dial it back too..all I've been doing in life is strength gains..damn sore
And then every time I say I'm not going to lift heavy, I do it...

Fortunately for me it was with Mesomorph and I hit a PR on deadlift Saturday! 435lbs for 1 rep. Did it a second time to make sure it wasn't a fluke ; )

That inspired me to make the most of this tub by continuing full body workouts until wedding week instead of the split I did last week. This morning was a gut buster, but I felt good leaving the gym.

9/19
WarmUp--HIIT Arc trainer--10 minutes for 250 cals burned (a2m)

(45-60 secs rest between all sets)
Sqwat/incline BB bench--3x8x225/215
Dead/bb curl--3x325/80
OH bb row/DB Arnold Press--3x8x215/45s
Wide Lat pull downs/OH Tri Ext--3x8x144/48
Dips--3x8xBW

It's not really like me to go all over the place in terms of workout programming. This is my first log where I've changed things up 3 different times. I don't know if it's the combo of so many things coming up that is affecting my headspace in terms of planning or what. Whatever it is, I'm feeling better about this full body plan than the split I set up last week.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Past few workouts

9/21
Wide lat pull/sup grip hammerdip--3x12x180/160
Low bar sqwat/Db incline curls--3x12x205/30s
Sumo deads/o'hearn press--3x12x285/35s
Db inc--12x65s, 55s, 45s

9/22
Sup grip pull-ups/dips--3x12x70cw
Wide leg press/db mil press--3x12x435/40s
Bb row/Db inc(30deg)--3x12x155/60s
Hammer curl/close inc--3x12x45s/145

9/23
High bar sqwat
10x135
5x225
1x315,375,375,375
8x225

Db flat
10x55s
5x75s
1x100s, 100s, 2x100s
12 push-ups

Deads
10x225
3x315
1x435,435,435
5x315
8x225

Hanging leg raise
10 between every set

I've had some really stellar times at the gym this week! Happy to see the 435lb dead wasn't a fluke and Mesomorph keeps powering me on through!

I think tomorrow morning I'm going to blend it up with a bunch of ice and see if I can totally recreate the rocket pop experience!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hit another PR on deads this morning. 450! I've found that a level scoop of Mesomorph about 30-40 minutes pre-workout and then a quarter-scoop in my gym bottle is the shizz for focus and mental endurance!

[video]https://youtu.be/h0Tt2lPGSMc[/video]

That one pull really fried me. I had to back off to 425 for my next single and then 405. Total workout looked like this.

9/30
yada, yada, cardio warmup

deads--8x225, 5x315, 1x450/425/405, 8x315,10x225, 12x135 (snatch grip)
flat db bench--8x65s, 6x75s, 1x110s (miss), 1x100s/100s/2x100s (TUT 2-0-5), 8x65s,10x55s, 10 pushups

Didn't have it in me to attempt heavy squats today. One more week before the wedding(s) rush so I'm going to taper down a bit from the past couple weeks' work.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit another PR on deads this morning. 450! I've found that a level scoop of Mesomorph about 30-40 minutes pre-workout and then a quarter-scoop in my gym bottle is the shizz for focus and mental endurance!

[video]https://youtu.be/h0Tt2lPGSMc[/video]
Damnit man!!! Sweet deader! Congrats on the PR, and a nice one to have! Still impressing me brother

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damnit man!!! Sweet deader! Congrats on the PR, and a nice one to have! Still impressing me brother
Haha! Thanks, bro! Just don't ask me to shoulder press 225 like some people (LOOKING AT YOU!!)

Turning 40 this weekend and REALLY wanted to do this before then. I'm really thinking about pursuing 500lbs by the end of the year. I'm think Androcrine could be the ticket to getting me there!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! Thanks, bro! Just don't ask me to shoulder press 225 like some people (LOOKING AT YOU!!)

Turning 40 this weekend and REALLY wanted to do this before then. I'm really thinking about pursuing 500lbs by the end of the year. I'm think Androcrine could be the ticket to getting me there!
Well I foresee you making that goal. Id like to see 500 as well, just dont know if my knee can handle it.
I do believe the Androcrine will help you some, at least keep those joints good and healthy and add a "bit" of strength. So good luck with the lifting. And, happy birthday my friend! Ill be 39 on the 15th and think Im better now than Inwas when I hit 30.
Oh, FYI, the shoulder press is 245 for my 1RM, but Im shooting for 265 in a couple weeks!!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I foresee you making that goal. Id like to see 500 as well, just dont know if my knee can handle it.
I do believe the Androcrine will help you some, at least keep those joints good and healthy and add a "bit" of strength. So good luck with the lifting. And, happy birthday my friend! Ill be 39 on the 15th and think Im better now than Inwas when I hit 30.
Oh, FYI, the shoulder press is 245 for my 1RM, but Im shooting for 265 in a couple weeks!!
October Babies, Unite!

I'm definitely in better shape now than at 30. It's funny, I'm not feeling any kind of mid-life crisis BS whatsoever. I think the only psych-out problem I'm having is kwondering if I'll ever hit 245 for shoulder press :p

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
October Babies, Unite!

I'm definitely in better shape now than at 30. It's funny, I'm not feeling any kind of mid-life crisis BS whatsoever. I think the only psych-out problem I'm having is kwondering if I'll ever hit 245 for shoulder press :p
Naa, you're eons ahead of me already. Just keep trucking and we'll get there together!!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
October Babies, Unite!

Damn..245 for shoulder press is damn great..I got to 225 at 49 years of age..don't think I'll be progressing much from there..impressive!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards