I can’t take Predisone right?

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I have bursitis in shoulders, an usually take predisone few days and clears up all inflammation, running test cyp 300, 4 weeks in. Seeing they have interactions together so question is are their any good alternatives that work as quickly? Thanks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
grab you some iForce Joint help for the accute pain.. and it will help with the imflamation as well

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on TRT and sometimes have to take prednisone for joint inflammation, haven't had any issues or lab problems because of it. I only take small dose and for a brief period of time- hate the moon face and bloat from prednisone.

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm on TRT and sometimes have to take prednisone for joint inflammation, haven't had any issues or lab problems because of it. I only take small dose and for a brief period of time- hate the moon face and bloat from prednisone.
Ohh damn for real?? I just read that it had interactions, but only water retention guess not bad, If I took 25mg for next 3 days wondering if I’d be good to go

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you're taking prednisone for joint inflammation, you must have it pretty seriously. Why not ask your doc to just give you glucocorticosteroids an inject on the shoulders and that will last for about 3 months. Since it's localized, it wouldn't mess with your cycle.

But, taking Prednisone shouldn't really screw up your cycle. It's just a catabolic steroid and you are taking androgenic anabolic steroids so they sort of cancel each other out, but the amount of Prednisone you're taking is pretty small.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You're just looking at a little possible extra fluid retention.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did the pain flare up recently?

I remember you started AI a little ago.

Not saying it sthe cause just noticed that timing kinda goes hand in hand.

I decided to go without an AI this cycle but i did take only one, single dose of 12.5mg aromasin after a 150mg test injection as i was thinking that i was starting to experience nipple issues and i remember for good 3-4 days my elbows and my shoulders hurt while doing pressing exercises.

Weird, but i learned my lesson and reinforced my decision not to use AI even more.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just want to mention this though I’m sure everyone is aware, but (Supra physiological dosages of anabolic) steroids dramatically increase inflammation in the body.
That’s all, carry on. 😘

Last edited:
Reactions: dvw

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just want to mention this though I’m sure everyone is aware, but steroids dramatically increase inflammation in the body.
That’s all, carry on. 😘
I’m sure you understand that prednisone reduces inflammation and testosterone helps regulate this.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you referring to inflammation control via lipid metabolism?

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I’ve had horrible problems with my shoulders for years , eventually needa get surgery, about once a month or mayb once every month an a half I take prednisone for 2-4 day’s an don’t don’t workout or work with it, and swelling goes down. I have an apt for mon if it’s not better by then with few days rest an some predisone, may get an injection.

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Did the pain flare up recently?

I remember you started AI a little ago.

Not saying it sthe cause just noticed that timing kinda goes hand in hand.

I decided to go without an AI this cycle but i did take only one, single dose of 12.5mg aromasin after a 150mg test injection as i was thinking that i was starting to experience nipple issues and i remember for good 3-4 days my elbows and my shoulders hurt while doing pressing exercises.

Weird, but i learned my lesson and reinforced my decision not to use AI even more.
I do think the ai is makin it a bit worse, I’m going to switch from armidex to aromasin, was takin about .25mg armidex every 2.5-3d, so not sure what dose of aromasin, have liquid 1ml/25mg, so thinkin prob try like 5mg e2.5-3D?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Natural anti-inflammatories/joint supplements I have used for my beat up shoulder (have had 3 surgeries on it).

Cissus
Fish oil
Turmeric
Glucosamine and chondroitin
MSM
Collagen
Resveratrol
Green tea extract

I take all of the above for my shoulder. Recently added Im mk677 and my joint issues are almost completely gone.

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Natural anti-inflammatories/joint supplements I have used for my beat up shoulder (have had 3 surgeries on it).

Cissus
Fish oil
Turmeric
Glucosamine and chondroitin
MSM
Collagen
Resveratrol
Green tea extract

I take all of the above for my shoulder. Recently added Im mk677 and my joint issues are almost completely gone.
Ayeee thanks! Yeah I use fish oil an turmeric, usually if I catch it early just when it starts getting inflamed, 2-3 says of predisone gets me back for few weeks, would be amazing tho to keep it down for longer, idk if it’s from sports or genetics, my left is really bad, and right one gets bad just not as often, dr wrote off as bursitis so idk, but waking up in the morning an can’t hardly lift shoulders sucksss! Past 4-5 months tho I don’t let it get that bad

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you considered significantly increasing your intake of Omega 3 fatty acids?

Do you do any arm and shoulder stretching?

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered significantly increasing your intake of Omega 3 fatty acids?

Do you do any arm and shoulder stretching?
I’m takin 2k a day, an I def do not do proper arm shoulder stretches, should look into some proper stretches, I do sleep with a pillow under both shoulders which seems to help a lot. Today my left shoulder feels great, right shoulder still a bit bad, took 25mg predisone yesterday 12mg today gonna take 12 tomorrow, taking it easy on any shoulder activities past two days, but work week starts tomorrow so don’t have a choice, Rossini’s up to 140lb boxes for 4-6hrs

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m takin 2k a day, an I def do not do proper arm shoulder stretches, should look into some proper stretches, I do sleep with a pillow under both shoulders which seems to help a lot. Today my left shoulder feels great, right shoulder still a bit bad, took 25mg predisone yesterday 12mg today gonna take 12 tomorrow, taking it easy on any shoulder activities past two days, but work week starts tomorrow so don’t have a choice, Rossini’s up to 140lb boxes for 4-6hrs

Grab some popcorn worth the watch. If you don’t learn this stuff now, you are going to take yourself out of the game in 5-10 years. You don’t need to do all of this, or any of it explicitly, but you have to find out what works to keep your shoulders mobile enough to perform without injury. It’s a boring 10 min investment before most sessions but it’s what it takes as you get stronger & bigger.

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Grab some popcorn worth the watch. If you don’t learn this stuff now, you are going to take yourself out of the game in 5-10 years. You don’t need to do all of this, or any of it explicitly, but you have to find out what works to keep your shoulders mobile enough to perform without injury. It’s a boring 10 min investment before most sessions but it’s what it takes as you get stronger & bigger.
Ayeeee thank you, exactly what I was lookin for!

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ayeee thanks! Yeah I use fish oil an turmeric, usually if I catch it early just when it starts getting inflamed, 2-3 says of predisone gets me back for few weeks, would be amazing tho to keep it down for longer, idk if it’s from sports or genetics, my left is really bad, and right one gets bad just not as often, dr wrote off as bursitis so idk, but waking up in the morning an can’t hardly lift shoulders sucksss! Past 4-5 months tho I don’t let it get that bad
Yeah I feel you on that one. My last surgery was in 2016 and I still feel the after effects. Ortho said ill eventually need it replaced.

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So the doc didn’t give me a round of predisone, last set was bout month an half ago took one of those 7 day packs, I had 1 50mg pill I split last weekend helped a bit, but now I’m out but do have some 1mg dexamethasone, wondering if it’s worth trying that? Or just go get a shot? I’ve never takin dexmethasone, just see it’s similar just much more powerful with longer duration/ half-life. Shoulders killin me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So the doc didn’t give me a round of predisone, last set was bout month an half ago took one of those 7 day packs, I had 1 50mg pill I split last weekend helped a bit, but now I’m out but do have some 1mg dexamethasone, wondering if it’s worth trying that? Or just go get a shot? I’ve never takin dexmethasone, just see it’s similar just much more powerful with longer duration/ half-life. Shoulders killin me
What did the doctor tell you to do?

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well I was gonna get injection, but said I’d rather save that for when it’s bad, that was Monday when it really wasn’t bad, thinkin her just give me few predisone an I’d be good, he just gave me scripted Aleve, doesn’t do much ofc. So considering the dexamethasone to last me till Monday when I already have work off for my UPS DoT test.

Boxman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ended up just working as normal, shoulder was killin me, but let 24 hours seems to have gotten better. Actually took the naproxen aswell as well as stretches etc. still a bit inflamed but feels like it’s gettin better, for whole weekend aswell to allow it to heal. Only prob is I wanna do chest workouts, an it can be rough with bum shoulder.