Hypothyroidism worsened?

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi guys I've had hypothyroidism my entire life and am on a dose of 175mcg. In the past year i've lost 25 lbs and used epiandro and arimistane (separately) in addition to other supplements like creatine, pre workouts etc. I just got my annual bloodwork done and my TSH levels skyrocketed, but I feel fine. Is it possible the epiandro impacted my thyroid? Anyone else have experience with this.

ps all other bloodwork is excellent i dropped over 100 points on total cholesterol

Thanks

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice job on the cholesterol! That’s huge, bro.

I don’t know much about the science behind it but I would imagine if you’re on 175mcg of T4 your thyroid shouldn’t be impacted by external factors. Unless somehow there is an enzymatic/metabolic change that has occurred to effect your body’s ability to convert the T4 to T3.

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nice job on the cholesterol! That’s huge, bro.

I don’t know much about the science behind it but I would imagine if you’re on 175mcg of T4 your thyroid shouldn’t be impacted by external factors. Unless somehow there is an enzymatic/metabolic change that has occurred to effect your body’s ability to convert the T4 to T3.
Thanks! I was surprised but I also feel so much better than I did last year. Yeah I am assuming it is something with absorption of the medication. Although i am not having any side effects. Guess I will see what the doc says

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks! I was surprised but I also feel so much better than I did last year. Yeah I am assuming it is something with absorption of the medication. Although i am not having any side effects. Guess I will see what the doc says
I think that’s the best option. Hope they sort it out!

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys I've had hypothyroidism my entire life and am on a dose of 175mcg. In the past year i've lost 25 lbs and used epiandro and arimistane (separately) in addition to other supplements like creatine, pre workouts etc. I just got my annual bloodwork done and my TSH levels skyrocketed, but I feel fine. Is it possible the epiandro impacted my thyroid? Anyone else have experience with this.

ps all other bloodwork is excellent i dropped over 100 points on total cholesterol

Thanks
That's hard to say....if your levothyroxine dose is still being adequately converted to T3 and that's all being used and absorbed by your body as it should, maybe that's why you still feel good. Could be a fluke that your TSH went up. What was it before normally and what did it go to now? If you feel good and have no symptoms you may not need to change anything at this point. I'd just watch for symptoms.