Unanswered Hydra Head 6 or Prototype Nutrition Ur Spray?

Ripple2352

Awards
About to embark on a recomp. Nothing crazy. Not looking to add a lot of size, but got a few lbs I want to drop. Slow and steady, not looking for anything extreme. Haven't really worked out since beginning of April. Had a case of strep throat turn into a massive tonsil infection which had me missing a ton of work and very laid up for quite a few weeks. Misery. That all led to me seeing an ENT and opting to have surgery for tonsillectomy and a deviated septum, which I'm in the process of getting over now. So, as you can tell, I'm very serious about the "slow and steady", as my activity levels have been basically nil. Just looking to get back into things while taking off a few pounds that I've gained while, hopefully, regaining a bit of lost strength. No stim based burners. I've read great things about Ursolic Acid here as it's been popping up in so many products. I think for a recomp Hydra Head 6 certainly intrigued me, and Prototype is always legit and comes with it. Anyone care to chime in with their anecdotes about either??

Other supplements I'll be using:
Evomuse Brite
1.5g matcha powder daily - split into 2-3 doses
Chaos and Pain Predator
NutraBio Betaine Anhydrous
NutraBio Citrulline
NutraBio Alpha-GPC
Red Spinach nitrates
PeakO2
Will be adding Follidrone 2.0 after about a month (never used this either).

Other things taken for general health:
Vitamin D3
Vitamin K2
Organic Vitamin C (food source full spectrum) powder
Fish Oil
CoQ10

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hydra Head 6 is getting reformulated. I have no details as Antaeus Labs really doesn't have a board presence.

Ripple2352

Awards
Also requires WAY less than 50 sprays
Awesome. 50 sprays is definitely a pain. So, from what I can see, it looks like there's 500 sprays per bottle? Any clue how much active per 5 or 10 sprays?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hydra Head 6 is getting reformulated. I have no details as Antaeus Labs really doesn't have a board presence.
Mr. Supps probably still has the original.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome. 50 sprays is definitely a pain. So, from what I can see, it looks like there's 500 sprays per bottle? Any clue how much active per 5 or 10 sprays?
I believe 5 sprays should equal 1mL which is 50mg.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not sure, to be honest. I am sure @nostrum420 can assist?

Tommywantwingy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This is just my opinion but I would take one product at a time. If you get results how do you know which compound or product to credit? Did the ursolic acid give you results or did evomuse bright? Also different chemical compounds up/down regulate genes so taking things together may be synergistic but more than likely one may be cancelling out the effects of the other.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can’t go wrong with either tbh. I felt like ur spray had more of a leaning effect than hh6 but both were very good.

I have used Nos 11 and the carrier was great (I assume he used the same carrier for ur spray). Either option will help.

The last time I ran Ur spray I added recomp rx (oral UA) and it kicked it up a good bit. If funds permit you may want to look into it.

Ripple2352

Awards
This is just my opinion but I would take one product at a time. If you get results how do you know which compound or product to credit? Did the ursolic acid give you results or did evomuse bright? Also different chemical compounds up/down regulate genes so taking things together may be synergistic but more than likely one may be cancelling out the effects of the other.
I hear ya there for sure. I'm not one to take 6 different things at once. I've used Brite before (though it was the old formulation and only about 5 weeks) and liked it. I plan on running Brite for this run for 3 months. Everything else on my list, with the exception of Follidrone and the UA of course, I've used and know what to expect. I may actually hold off on Follidrone for longer than a month, as that I actually do want to be able to specifically single out its effects as I'm considering running it long term into another stack down the road. I can always stagger as well, which is probably the best idea. Start the run with Brite for about 6 weeks then finish off the Brite run with adding in some UA as a strong finisher. By 6 weeks I should have a solid grip on what Brite is doing for me. IMO this is a pretty simple stack. I will check though on any possible interactions I see between Brite ingredients and the UA moa.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here's the breakdown:

Prototype: 50 sprays = 249mg
Apex: 25 sprays = 250mg

Prototype: 1 bottle = 240mL
Apex: 1 bottle = 100mL
Just to chime in, all of what's above is correct.

It's also worth noting that Ursa Major contains pure UA, not a salt, ester, or liposome.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just to chime in, all of what's above is correct.

It's also worth noting that Ursa Major contains pure UA, not a salt, ester, or liposome.
Any clue well it’ll absorb without being a salt, ester, or liposome? Also, from my understanding, probably the biggest issue with ursolic acid is it is nearly completely insoluble. How did you get it into a topical if it’s pure?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any clue well it’ll absorb without being a salt, ester, or liposome? Also, from my understanding, probably the biggest issue with ursolic acid is it is nearly completely insoluble. How did you get it into a topical if it’s pure?
It absorbs quite well and there's some evidence to suggest a free acid form is more absorbable through the corneum stratum than a salt.

Pat had issues with its solubility in isopropyl alcohol which is what his carrier mostly consists of. I found a good co-solution for it that doesn't use isopropyl alcohol.

There is trick to getting it to hold properly which I am keeping under my hat but I will say, this is why I build the carrier around the compound instead of using the one-size-fits-all approach.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It absorbs quite well and there's some evidence to suggest a free acid form is more absorbable through the corneum stratum than a salt.

Pat had issues with its solubility in isopropyl alcohol which is what his carrier mostly consists of. I found a good co-solution for it that doesn't use isopropyl alcohol.

There is trick to getting it to hold properly which I am keeping under my hat but I will say, this is why I build the carrier around the compound instead of using the one-size-fits-all approach.
That’s super interesting. Thank you!