Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Iron Mag Labs was kind enough to send me a big bottle of their top dog transdermal andro blend to see what it can do - thank you @macedog24 for this opportunity. Here’s what it looks like and what’s in the special sauce:

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5387.JPG

You can see it’s a nice blend of 1, 4, 7-keto, & traditional DHEA, as well as Epiandrosterone and Arimistane. A lot of avenues are being addressed with such a wide spectrum: compounds that function primarily as anabolic, testosterone, DHT, estrogenic, estrogen-regulating, thyroid-boosting, cortisol control.

5’10” and currently mid 220s in bodyweight at around 21% bodyfat based on recent Inbody scan. I have been lifting for about 13 years, and my focus has been on strength, especially powerlifting. Currently in the process of getting back into squatting and deadlifting after some months off them while I rehabbed my back. I blast and cruise now these days, and have been cruising the last 4 months while I have been unloading my spine. Now it’s time to start pushing the big lifts again some, so this is the perfect opportunity to see what kind of enhanced recovery and body composition this product can offer in conjunction with focused training.

Based on my past extensive use of all of these compounds individually, I plan to run this product at 4 pumps per day. Testosterone is at 240mg/wk, so this will be a good snapshot of what a regular guy on an athletic TRT dose can expect to get out of this product - I am especially interested to see how the DHEA and Arimistane compliment this stack. All health support supplements will continue per usual (most are in year round), and diet is not planned on changing significantly either. Looking for improvements in body composition around this bodyweight, or modest increases in size, along with increased strength

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your very welcome Hyde. Really Looking forward to seeing your results and review. I know your gonna kill it . Thanks again.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Excited to hear your thoughts.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you feel like your back is healthy or are you kinda just easing back into things and still healing. Just curious.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone for joining! We’re leaving tomorrow for the missus to compete at the Olympia, then taking the family on vacation to the beach!

So this log will begin late next week, or by the 18th at the latest. I’ll wait until then to get honest starting pics, weight, maybe an Inbody scan. I never really get sloppy on vacations; between all of the activity and less frequent meals sometimes I even lose weight. Will still be training there.

Do you feel like your back is healthy or are you kinda just easing back into things and still healing. Just curious.
Both, if I am being honest. For example, just this morning I pulled 405x4 beltless Sumo. That’s my off stance, but it still would be a speed weight historically - it wasn’t today. It was good, quality work; I definitely have work to do on rebuilding my lower power muscles. But my back is fine from that, SLDL, bent over rows, so I am looking to keep increasing pain-free capacity steadily. Most I have squatted or pulled since 17 weeks ago is 405 beltless. Bench is at least 340 any given day right now.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking forward to this log and best of luck to the wife!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Back from vacation; got the bloat off already and back on a stable diet. Wrapping up some deload training this week, with normal lifting to resume this Monday the 18th along with introducing Gear. I will get some starting pics before.

Excited to get after it!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Back from vacation; got the bloat off already and back on a stable diet. Wrapping up some deload training this week, with normal lifting to resume this Monday the 18th along with introducing Gear. I will get some starting pics before.

Excited to get after it!
Sounds good! hope the vacation went well!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Excited to get after it!
I'll be in the same boat here in a few days. I'm traveling right now so diet is not where it should be. After traveling is done i need to get back on the strict diet and decrease blooooat :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
#### DAY 1 of Gear ####

First day of using Iron Mag Labs’ Gear transdermal cream. 2 pumps at 5:30am about 45 min preWO, and used the other 2 pumps around 3pm about an hour before slipping into the garage for upper back work I didn’t have time to complete this morning.

Initial impressions:
This stuff spreads easily, doesn’t take up too much real estate per pump, and dries incredibly fast! If there is a scent at all, it is exceptionally mild and subdued - like the hypoallergenic laundry detergent we use for my baby boy (which is unscented). All 4 pumps I used over today seemed visually equal in amount, as in the pump seems very consistent. So far, this stuff gets an A+ from an ease of usage perspective.

I expect it may end up drying my skin out as effectively as it dries, but that will remain to be seen: I will rotate administration sites away from shoulders/traps/pecs if/when that occurs. But I’m very pleased so far; my shirt can go back on clean in less than 2 minutes (including application).

I normally consider my dry, post-bathroom bodyweight in underwear around 8am on non-training days my true weight for competition weighin purposes, so I’ll get that & starting pics tomorrow.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/18/21

AM session:
10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Hip Stretches

Sumo Deadlift, stiffbar
45,135x10
hookgrip
225,275,325,375,405,425x3

SLDL
315 4x6

DB Farmer’s Walk
100/hand x2 trips to near failure

Laying Leg Curl
60x100
PM Session:

BB Rows from floor
45,95,145,195x10
245 3x10

Chin-ups on Yoke
3x10

This is what training today looked like. Normally it’s all one session, Mon-Wed-Fri primarily & a light fluffy fast session on Sundays, but I had to get home to get my son ready for daycare before work.

I really felt great for both of these sessions here. Sleep & food have been good and I’m fresh off a deload last week while finishing a family vacation, so I would expect to feel ready, but mentally I was in a terrific headspace for both sessions. Not sure if that’s at all due to Gear, but so far I’m feeling excellent.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think that combo of goodies will treat you well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice sumo deadlift numbers!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 of Gear

10/20/21

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Band Pullaparts & Tri Ext

Bench
45x10
95,135,185x5
225,255,285,290,295x3

2-Board Press
265 4x6

SSB JM Press
160 3x10

Loving how fast and clean this stuff dries; it makes twice a day application very tolerable. I believe I feel a boost within an hour of applying the cream, like a small hormonal buzz. I have also been undeniably positive the last few days. There’s been no reason not to be, but I do wonder if there has been some mood improvement from using this blend as well.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Should be a nice boost. I like running these compounds as they give a mild but noticeable boost without feeling you are taking years off your life. I’ve had a lot of success running multiple at lower doses in the par on trt so excited to see your results

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/21/21

10 min walk
Jigsaw/massage gun
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Hanging Leg Raises
Lax ball feet bottoms
BW Squats

SSB Squat
60x10
150,200,250,290,330,360x3

SSB Sumo Boxsquat
310 4x6

SSB Goodmorning
170 3x10

Leg Extension on Reverse Hyper
90x10
140 2x10

I was so soaked with sweat tonight I had to have wasted some of the second application of Gear from 2-3 hours prior. But still a great training session, and the good vibes continue

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Noticing acute but potent libido increases in hours after dosing Gear. If the wind blows, I’m liable to pitch a tent.
Stay away from the coastal area then! ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 of Gear

I am honestly really liking this stuff. I continue to be smitten with how fast it dries, lack of odor, and the good feels and libido. Hunger has been up and I’ve been indulging it some, which has been a positive for training (which continues to move in the right direction).

Yesterday afternoon I did a light fluffy session, bunch of cable shoulder raises, pec flyes, tricep extensions, dips, curls. Just some easy hypertrophy to fill out the shirts better; nothing worth writing down. I am definitely getting that on look though.

This morning’s training:

10/25/21

5 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

BB Rows from Floor
45,135,185x8
235 2x12
245x12

Pull-ups
Widegrip
Neutral
2x8

GHR
4x12

Legpress
+180,360 x12
+540 2x12
+630x12
+680x12

DB Farmers Walk
120/hand x3 trips to failure

Stir the Pot
2x16

Seated Band Hamstring Curls
Monster Miniband x100 straight

Trying something different this week. Doing squat and deadlift accessories together Monday mornings and will squat & pull together in the garage Thursday evening.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 of Gear

I am honestly really liking this stuff. I continue to be smitten with how fast it dries, lack of odor, and the good feels and libido. Hunger has been up and I’ve been indulging it some, which has been a positive for training (which continues to move in the right direction).

Yesterday afternoon I did a light fluffy session, bunch of cable shoulder raises, pec flyes, tricep extensions, dips, curls. Just some easy hypertrophy to fill out the shirts better; nothing worth writing down. I am definitely getting that on look though.

This morning’s training:

10/25/21

5 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

BB Rows from Floor
45,135,185x8
235 2x12
245x12

Pull-ups
Widegrip
Neutral
2x8

GHR
4x12

Legpress
+180,360 x12
+540 2x12
+630x12
+680x12

DB Farmers Walk
120/hand x3 trips to failure

Stir the Pot
2x16

Seated Band Hamstring Curls
Monster Miniband x100 straight

Trying something different this week. Doing squat and deadlift accessories together Monday mornings and will squat & pull together in the garage Thursday evening.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/27/21

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Pullaparts
Band Tri Extensions

Bench
45x10
95,145,195,245,255,265,275x5

2-Board Press
275 4x4

SSB JM Press
60x10
160 2x10
170 2x10

Incline Logpress
130 4x10 short rests

Push-ups
3x20

Band Pressdown
Light x100 straight

Increased workload for this session from a month ago and definitely feeling a bit stronger overall.

Noticed joints have been popping and creaking more than usual; I have not had to use any AI yet on 4 pumps of Gear/day (which is on top of my cruise 240mg/wk test e) despite the significant amount of DHEA and 4-DHEA in this blend. That to me implies that the Androsterone, EpiAndro, and Arimistane in it are off-setting estrogen increases from the former compounds fairly well.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Log looks good! Definitely putting in some work. Glad to see your enjoying the benefits so far.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Incase anyone is interested.

IRONMAGLABS BOGO HALLOWEEN SALE!!

Buy any 2 products get the 3rd for free!
sale ends nov 1st.
Follow the link below
BOGO Halloween sale

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Log looks good! Definitely putting in some work. Glad to see your enjoying the benefits so far.
Thank you - the wife literally told me out of nowhere this morning that I am definitely filling out the tops of my shirts better.

Lot of positives so far: better energy, mood, libido, appear to be using extra nutrients better allowing me to train harder & heavier. Getting more full looking.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/28/21

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
BW Jumpsquats

SSB Squat
BW,60,150,240,290,320,340x5

Sumo, deadlift bar
135 2x5
hookgrip
225,295,335,365x5
straps
395x5

Hi handle Trapbar Deadlift
315 4x10

A few GMs and boxsquats with empty SSB

Getting stronger and enjoying training a lot. Generally feel a lot more motivated to get after it. I also feel like it’s been getting easier to keep going with chores, work and whatnot taking care of the baby - historically 1-DHEA has made me incredibly lethargic, but at this dose transdermally blended with these other compounds, that does not seem to be the case.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice squat and deadlift numbers for sure!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is it I just found this ???

I'm In !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice squat and deadlift numbers for sure!
Just building back up as I can. The safety squat bar is definitely an added challenge! 320 moved really smoothly with good torso position, but 340 was really trying to bend me over! Sumo is also my off-stance, so I am working that to be easier on my low back and build my hips/legs more than conventional.

How is it I just found this ???

I'm In !!
Welcome aboard! Some serious sales going on with the IML topicals for Halloween (buy 2, get 1 free) if you aren’t already stocked up (I know you like some transdermals here and there). These spread & dry incredibly well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just building back up as I can. The safety squat bar is definitely an added challenge! 320 moved really smoothly with good torso position, but 340 was really trying to bend me over! Sumo is also my off-stance, so I am working that to be easier on my low back and build my hips/legs more than conventional.
Nice! For me personally anything over 300 where I'm moving it with ease is a good day for me. I've got back problems in general so tend to try and lean on the conservative side with movements that put pressure on my lower back :(

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/31/21

10 min walk
Bird Dogs
Hip stretches
Side Planks
Ankle & wrist mobility

Band Tri Pressdown / Ovhd Extensions
Light 2x25 each

alt w DB Hammercurls
20,25,30x25

DB Laterals
25x20
30 2x15

BB Strictpress
45,45,95,115,135,155x5

CG Bench
45,95,145x8
195 3x8

alt w/ Seated DB Rear Delt Flyes
25 2x15, 1x21

Just getting everything loosened up. Felt a lot better afterwards.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/1/21

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

BB Rows from floor
45,95,145x8
195x6
245 3x12

Pull-ups
-did legpress here-

Cable Legpress
40,100,160,220,300,360x12
400x30

GHR
4x15

Didn’t get a few smaller things done I wanted due to lack of time, but hoping to sprinkle those in through the week. It’s a deload week, so instead of the plate-loaded legpress I gave my knees a break and just maxed out the cable horizontal legpress. I felt I could have did more than 30 reps, but my heart would have exploded

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/2/21 - Day 16 on Gear

BW: 229.8

Weight is consistently at least 230lbs now, so I have added several lbs. I am finding I am able to eat significantly more food currently. Hunger is up some, and my body seems to really be handling the extra nutrition well. General energy and mood are solid. I am getting a little bit of acne, but all hormones do this to me & this is a very small amount for me. I continue to feel like my joints are drier, but the upside is I do not need any AI at all still. Training is going better for sure.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
11/2/21 - Day 16 on Gear

BW: 229.8

Weight is consistently at least 230lbs now, so I have added several lbs. I am finding I am able to eat significantly more food currently. Hunger is up some, and my body seems to really be handling the extra nutrition well. General energy and mood are solid. I am getting a little bit of acne, but all hormones do this to me & this is a very small amount for me. I continue to feel like my joints are drier, but the upside is I do not need any AI at all still. Training is going better for sure.

All good things (Except Maybe The Joints)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
All good things (Except Maybe The Joints)
Yeah, someone could probably add some sublingual Pregnenolone cheap or stack with the IML Lean AF cream (19-Nor, 7-Keto, & traditional DHEA) to pad the joints some and hit the progesterone receptor pathway for some additional gains.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/3/21

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Bench
45,95,135x10
205 5x1

2-Board Press
205,215x15

JM Press
95x15
115 2x15

Dips
3x15

Cable Flyes
33 3x15

Pressdown
80x100 total

Laying Leg Curl
50x100 straight

Speedy session today - everything is a lot easier when you don’t really bench first! Left with a massive pump.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Left with a massive pump.
Nice! The feeling that you won't be able to fit through the gym door on the way out is great!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
11/4/21

10 min
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Squat, straight bar
45 3x5
135,205x3
255 4x1
305x1

Sumo, stiff bar
135 2x3
225x3
275 5x1

Hi Handle Trapbar Deadlift
345 3x15

KB Suitcase Carries
2 trips per side, ~100 yards

GHR
2x12, 1x16

Stir the Pot
2x20

Lower deload went really well. Really enjoying my training on Gear.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
11/4/21

10 min
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

Squat, straight bar
45 3x5
135,205x3
255 4x1
305x1

Sumo, stiff bar
135 2x3
225x3
275 5x1

Hi Handle Trapbar Deadlift
345 3x15

KB Suitcase Carries
2 trips per side, ~100 yards

GHR
2x12, 1x16

Stir the Pot
2x20

Lower deload went really well. Really enjoying my training on Gear.
A few side notes, lol:

If one would not know the name of the product you're using;

"Really enjoying my training on Gear."

-Oh, you don't say..

Also, I'm having fun time wondering and Googling all these different exercises you're doing with the english names, like bird dog, suitcase carry, stir the pot (da fuq?) etc. 😁

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A few side notes, lol:

If one would not know the name of the product you're using;

"Really enjoying my training on Gear."

-Oh, you don't say..

Also, I'm having fun time wondering and Googling all these different exercises you're doing with the english names, like bird dog, suitcase carry, stir the pot (da fuq?) etc.
Lol IML named it well!

My training is probably a little different from someone who has only trained in commercial gyms with lots of machines. Or someone with a smaller injury history lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol IML named it well!

My training is probably a little different from someone who has only trained in commercial gyms with lots of machines. Or someone with a smaller injury history lol.

Looks like it gets the job done, results are all that counts!