HST training opinions from experience?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am stagnated / burnout on a four day split. Have been pushing harder and harder but seem to really have CNS burnout etc. Have tried a few weeks off but still burnt. Size gains have come to a halt with or without aas.

I have toyed with the idea of trying a standard 15/10/6 HST workout. I just hesitate because it seems like I wouldnt be doing enough work lol. Have any of you applied the standard 15/10/6 method and had good results for size? I dont care losing some strenght I strictly want size gains.

I am thinking it might be a nice "recomp" workout.

Thoughts?

carnivalhobo

Awards
It is certainly enough work. As long as you get the weights right it is plenty of work, and if youve been training 3x6-8 rep type stuff the 15 reps destroys you. It works well with cutting/recomping, but don't mistake it for easy.

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
I use this method when i feel burnt out,do it for 4 weeks you will feel better after those 4 weeks!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hated it because i never got as sore as im used to, didnt see any gains, and i lost strength cause i need a higher volume that what is in HST. but many other ppl say it does wonders for them. what i do when i plateau is either 5x5 or change up my rep range for a little bit