HPTA restart protocol

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Would there be any harm done by running essentially a second PCT if not shut down? I don't feel totally recovered after my PCT so was planning to run Nolva and Anastrozle to kick start my HPTA if it needs it. Was planning to do as follows:

Nolva- 12.5mg daily for 4-6 weeks
Anastrozole- .5 - 1.0mg weekly spread over 2-4 doses

I'm not able to get bloods at this time so this is really just a better safe than sorry type deal.

Thoughts?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well just going off of a feel is kinda silly... Sure people do a "second" pct if they don't recover properly, but you should know that normal hpta function should resume in time PCT or no PCT. PCT just speeds it up.

I wouldn't do chit without doing bloods. How you feel is so subjective that it can't be a determining factor in this story. Besides, there are other things to consider. For instance: you might have normal TT but low FT, might have your E2 high or low, or you might still not have enough DHT... might have low IGF1/GH, might have high cortisol, etc. etc. See what I mean?

But just to be clear, do another PCT if you wish to, it won't hurt, probably. Use clomid this time as it has bit stronger ER affinity in the pituitary then nolva and torem. Also consider a shbg inhibitor that is not an Ai, like proviron for instance or some otc stuff like aromasin (technically an Ai but a weak one).

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hate to sound critical here: but that’s not really gonna do much for restart. Clomid + hcg is. It seems like that’s what you have on hand and you just want to use it up. I’d much prefer to hang onto those for a few years and use if gyno flares up on a cycle which they would actually help with. “Feeling” your hpta is kind of like feeling your cholesterol. It doesn’t really do shyt unless you have labs done to confirm it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I dont know how you expect to restart something if it isnt shut down. I dont get the premise here at all.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know how you expect to restart something if it isnt shut down. I dont get the premise here at all.
Obviously restart wasn't the best wording option on behalf off the op, but you know what he means: a serm will raise LH production. If his pituitary hasn't yet started producing the amount of LH, that is normal for his homeostasis, the serm will help by boosting LH production for the duration off drug administration and for some short time after. Hopping that on the way down, it will stop at a higher point then it was before the serm cycle.